• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skullgirls DLC Character vote | The Campaign united us, The Voting will destroy us

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I would take Adam over any creep 5-14 year old girl with panty shot fan-art.

Outside of some hentai shit, all of the Minette fan art i've seen has been pretty innocent and cute thankfully :3 *best fans*

tumblr_mlohwzEEnT1qjwws3o1_500.png

She actually uses bloomers, the fanart doesn't matter

Eh, I went Eliza this round because she's my favourite of the 4 and I've voted for her in other rounds. However if the next round becomes a clean cut race between Annie and Minette I'm going to vote for Minette because as Q says she has significantly less creepy fan art.

Moonlight

Banned
Eh, I went Eliza this round because she's my favourite of the 4 and I've voted for her in other rounds. However if the next round becomes a clean cut race between Annie and Minette I'm going to vote for Minette because as Q says she has significantly less creepy fan art.
Well, Annie's gonna win this round, so no worries there.

You should be voting Black Dahlia when it all comes down to it, though. She's all class.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
They may change from the cards to more of a Jojo's-esque face/full body pose or something - we're still figuring it out.

The cards were a compromise since Alex is too swamped to draw new character art for all of the characters, but he has some stuff in the works that one of our other contractors may be able to finish up.

Holy shit are you serious? I love the cards we have but if you guys went Jojo on them I'd probably lose my shit. :D

Jintor

hoho, you're not looking in the right places at all

Chindogg

I love how I got dogged for being weirded out by the creep potential behind certain characters and now an entire page is dedicated to agreeing to the same problem lol.

They may change from the cards to more of a Jojo's-esque face/full body pose or something - we're still figuring it out.

The cards were a compromise since Alex is too swamped to draw new character art for all of the characters, but he has some stuff in the works that one of our other contractors may be able to finish up.

Want me to draw you the Jojo's poses? :-D

I'll make you a free sample ^_^

I'm all in favor of taking the JoJo's route

dio-tandem.gif
jotaro-tandem.gif

yes I'm aware these are the Tandem attack activation poses, iirc the portraits used for Tandems and Supers are the same

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I love how I got dogged for being weirded out by the creep potential behind certain characters and now an entire page is dedicated to agreeing to the same problem lol.

Maybe because he didn't group all the characters into one category. Actually he was pretty much directly bashing annie :lol

You can choose for whoever you want, but imo that's a stupid reason. Then again, w/e

Moonlight

Banned
I didn't agree to anything. Deciding what characters you want because of how 'creepy' fanart strikes me as dumb largely because it's as easy as, y'know, not looking for it. Especially when you contextualize it within a game like Skullgirls that already has a lot of that 'creepy' fanart for so many other characters.

I'm just saying, vote Black Dahlia, 'cause she's all class. You can't have as many fancy hats as she does and not know style.

Hey Annie, Minette, and Aeon have had their share of creep. Eliza oddly enough has been the tamest (no idea why.)
:lol Do I need to dredge up a certain two pictures?

Chindogg

I didn't agree to anything. Deciding what characters you want because of how 'creepy' fanart strikes me as dumb largely because it's as easy as, y'know, not looking for it. Especially when you contextualize it within a game like Skullgirls that already has a lot of that 'creepy' fanart for so many other characters.

I'm just saying, vote Black Dahlia, 'cause she's all class. You can't have as many fancy hats as she does and not know style.

:lol Do I need to dredge up a certain two pictures?

I'm all in favor of Black Dhalia. Neat looking character with interesting mechanics.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Hey Annie, Minette, and Aeon have had their share of creep. Eliza oddly enough has been the tamest (no idea why.)
Well I did say outside of a few hentai pictures. Minette's pictures are really tame and cute.

But you know Rule 34 and such, nothing is safe

Annie actually has the least creepy fanart along with Eliza. You seriously have no idea how far down the rabit hole goes with Minette.

Wow, why would anyone care of a fanart that anyone can do, by that idea I should draw tons of perverted drawings of the chars I don't like.

Seriously, wtf guys

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Annie actually has the least creepy fanart along with Eliza. You seriously have no idea how far down the rabit hole goes with Minette.

Chopsticks grabbing her like sushi, oh and double.

My poor fucking eyes.

I'm pretty sure he's talking about the panty shot stuff that is mildly common with her fan art

SDBurton

Wat.

Feng is a lesbian.... soooo... uh yeah.

That's the point. Girls love is pure love.

Wow, why would anyone care of a fanart that anyone can do, by that idea I should draw tons of perverted drawings of the chars I don't like.

Seriously, wtf guys
Round 2

All male Shimapan and this time it's creepy for everyone.
Chopsticks grabbing her like sushi, oh and double.

My poor fucking eyes.
Fertilizing eggs... Jesus Christ. The things I've seen make me sure that Minette has the edge over Annie in Japan. I wait for the kosher fan art to come to me. Searching is too dangerous.

Slightly exposed underwear is like the low tier of creepy fanart and Annie doesn't leave that zone for some mysterious reason. I guess Tsunderes aren't as popular as they used to be.

Edit: Yeah, she is the complete opposite now that I think about it. What the hell is the opposite of that?

Jintor

Slightly exposed underwear is like the low tier of creepy fanart and Annie doesn't leave that zone for some mysterious reason. I guess Tsunderes aren't as popular as they used to be.

I-it's not because you're the Skullgirl or anything like t-that I have to kill you! Baka!

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Jojo poses > the cards that they displayed last night. That fabulous energy would be gdlk in skullgirls.

Seriously, wtf guys

Yea. I don't understand either it.

Eh, if you're putting Annie on the same bar as Eliza when pictures posted in this thread (which were said to be legit fan art) have shown glorified panty shots of tiny cotton panties as opposed to the bloomers she actually wears I don't know where to begin.

So if there was a sudden influx of fanart of the male characters in speedos, fundoshis, or whatever underwear they'd wear what then?

Judging characters because of their fanart just seems stupid to me really, considering there will always be some of "that" kind of fanart for everything.

Moonlight

Banned
Eh, if you're putting Annie on the same bar as Eliza when pictures posted in this thread (which were said to be legit fan art) have shown glorified panty shots of tiny cotton panties as opposed to the bloomers she actually wears I don't know where to begin.
Do I really need to dredge up two particular pieces?

No, but I'm serious. I'm pretty sure we've had this exact same argument before like, three times over. Ravid, please deliver us from this time loop.

in b4 it's aeon's fault

I-it's not because you're the Skullgirl or anything like t-that I have to kill you! Baka!
Now I imagine Minette saying that and I want her in the game. Just give Yu-Wan a ten second headstart so he doesn't get blown away in the battle.

Someone post the Minette Kenshiro fan art
Fan art is fan art. There is no "legit" involved. I guess if you want to limit it to GAF she'd be the worst. Everywhere else is fishy.

SDBurton

So if there was a sudden influx of fanart of the male characters in speedos, fundoshis, or whatever underwear they'd wear what then?

Judging characters because of their fanart just seems stupid to me really, considering there will always be some of "that" kind of fanart for everything.

Yep, it's pretty ridiculous.

I don't give a shit about the male character if they're drawn in speedos as long as their over a certain age. I find sexualised fan are of Annie creepy as fuck because she's a little girl/boy.

Top Bottom