• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skullgirls- New Characters, Painwheel and Valentine, Announced [Full Roster Revealed]

Ravidrath, I'll try and pull together a list of upcoming EU tournaments, but off the top of my head there is nothing in the UK until Super VS Battle 20XII and that's not even been formally announced yet. Otherwise there is EGL5 which may be before or after SVB. Versus Scotland may well put on a second tournament this year up that way too.

France has a few tournaments coming up, as do certain other areas of Europe. The only one I remember the name of is Red Fight District, which is in Amsterdam. My advice would be to get in contact with James Bardolph, AKA WorstGiefEVER. He is the fighting game co-ordinator for EGL, and he's arguably the hardest working man in the EU scenes. He can fill you in if you need info.

Ravidrath

Ravidrath, I'll try and pull together a list of upcoming EU tournaments, but off the top of my head there is nothing in the UK until Super VS Battle 20XII and that's not even been formally announced yet. Otherwise there is EGL5 which may be before or after SVB. Versus Scotland may well put on a second tournament this year up that way too.

France has a few tournaments coming up, as do certain other areas of Europe. The only one I remember the name of is Red Fight District, which is in Amsterdam. My advice would be to get in contact with James Bardolph, AKA WorstGiefEVER. He is the fighting game co-ordinator for EGL, and he's arguably the hardest working man in the EU scenes. He can fill you in if you need info.

I've tried reaching out to SVB and haven't heard anything back, so I'll try WorstGiefEVER next. Thanks for the tip!

I'm pretty sure I have France, Germany and Australia squared away now. Nothing final yet, but I don't see any reason why they wouldn't go through.

There's STILL no date and price, right?

LAUNCH PARTY ERRE DAY!!!

ibbowCTABMEU7c.gif

Let's just hope today's the day, usually games get to announce around a week before they come out from what I've seen.

Crossing my fingers ... but with each passing day I can't help but think that that PSN release date gets farther and farther away ...

4/4 - 360
4/10 - PS3?

I hope not.
D:

Like I've been saying all a long...

Most downloadable games don't get to announce release dates until they're very close to release.

Okay, well....because everyone suddenly started saying 4/4, so I'm just confirming that there's still no confirmed date, price, release window, etc. I spent 2 hours out in -16 degree weather for Skullgirls, I kinda wanna play it soon.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Speaking of different dates, what console are you guys getting it for? Only stick is for 360, so that's it for me.

Xbox 360 here.

Yeah Ravidrath, I'm not surprised you didn't get a response from SVB - their team imploded after last year's disasterfest. Keep reaching out to them - they do listen to folks from the business. Prior to last year's riots, Capcom, Namco, Madcatz, Hori etc were all lined up to attend. Just keep hammering away.

My job's just to make sure that the Manchester scene gets a good look at Skullgirls. There are some folks who are kind of "eh" about it due to the all-female cast, but as long as it's a good game they'll play it.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Gonna get it on 360 first. If I like the game, will double-dip and get it on PS3 too.

Speaking of different dates, what console are you guys getting it for? Only stick is for 360, so that's it for me.

PS3, since that's the only system I have that the game has a set release for. If it should ever be ported to the PC down the line, I'd buy a second copy.

Dachande

My job's just to make sure that the Manchester scene gets a good look at Skullgirls. There are some folks who are kind of "eh" about it due to the all-female cast, but as long as it's a good game they'll play it.

Interesting, I didn't really know there really WAS a Manchester FG scene... if Skullgirls gets popular over there, I may make a train trip from Leeds and see if I can bring my Skullgirls-curious co-worker with me.

Dachande

So Fez has finally passed cert and announced their release date as the 13th (a Friday?). Since we know the XBLA titles coming out after that for the Spring promotion, does this mean Skullgirls has been bumped to May?

I really hope not, I was looking forward to possibly playing this next week...

Crocodile

Solarpowered made a compilation of all the past WBWs and FAFs so I thought I'd share it. There may be another reason why I'm posting this as well.....

Fan Art Friday collection:

Fan Art Friday-April 1, 2011
Fan Art Friday-April 8, 2011
Fan Art Friday-April 15, 2011
Fan Art Friday-April 22, 2011
Fan Art Friday-April 29, 2011
Fan Art Friday-May 6, 2011
Fan Art Friday-May 13, 2011
Fan Art Friday-May 20, 2011
Fan Art Friday-May 27, 2011
Fan Art Friday-June 3, 2011
Fan Art Friday-June 17, 2011
Fan Art Friday-June 24, 2011
Fan Art Friday-July 8, 2011
Fan Art Friday-July 15, 2011
Fan Art Friday-July 22, 2011
Fan Art Friday-August 12, 2011
Fan Art Friday-August 26, 2011
Fan Art Friday-September 2, 2011
Fan Art Friday-September 9, 2011
Fan Art Friday-September 23, 2011
Fan Art Friday-October 7, 2011
Fan Art Friday-October 21, 2011
Fan Art Friday-October 31, 2011
Fan Art Friday-November 4, 2011
Fan Art Friday-November 11, 2011
Fan Art Friday-November 18, 2011
Fan Art Friday-December 2, 2011
Fan Art Friday-January 13, 2012
Fan Art Friday-January 20, 2012
Fan Art Friday-January 27, 2012
Fan Art Friday-February 3, 2012
Fan Art Friday-February 10, 2012
Fan Art Friday-February 17, 2012
Fan Art Friday-February 24, 2012
Fan Art Friday-March 2, 2012
Fan Art Friday-March 10, 2012
Fan Art Friday-March 16, 2012
Fan Art Friday-March 23, 2012

Whiteboard Wednesdays:

Whiteboard Wednesday!
Whiteboard Wednesday!
Whiteboard Wednesday!
Whiteboard Wednesday!
Whiteboard Wednesday!
Whiteboard Wednesday!
Whiteboard Wednesday!
Whiteboard Wednesday!
Whiteboard Wednesday!
Diet Whiteboard Wednesday!
Fresh Scent Whiteboard Wednesday!
Whiteboard Wednesday 2000
Synergy Evangelization Whiteboard Wednesday!
Wild Berry Whiteboard Wednesday!
Whiteboard Wednesday From Concentrate!
Mega Melancholy Whiteboard Wednesday…
Pampered Hands Whiteboard Wednesday!
Self-deprecating Whiteboard Wednesday!
Toukotsu Bijou Whiteboard Wednesday!
Citrus Blast Whiteboard Wednesday!
Mayonaka Ultimate Whiteboard Wednesday!
Mushy Taters Whiteboard Wednesday!
Milestone Madness Whiteboard Wednesday!
Hopping Youths Whiteboard Wednesday!
Mysterious Mysteries Whiteboard Wednesday!
Power of Chemistry Whiteboard Wednesday!
Not-Safe-For-Plane Whiteboard Wednesday!
Licentiousness and Turpitude Whiteboard Wednesday!
Metacritic Damaging Whiteboard Wednesday!
Narrative Paradox Whiteboard Wednesday!
Pre-Gluttony Whiteboard Wednesday!
Triumphant Return Whiteboard Wednesday!
Nothing Special Whiteboard Wednesday
Feature-Rich Whiteboard Wednesday!
Whole Enchilada Whiteboard Wednesday!
Final Countdown Whiteboard Wednesday!
Verified Fixed Whiteboard Wednesday!
Leap Day Whiteboard Wednesday!
Unfounded Rumors Whiteboard Wednesday!

Relevant MikeZ post concerning rabid Skullgirls fans spamming
"ZE RELEASE DATE? -foam mouth raarrgghhgarglegargle-"

MikeZ said:
Oh, more people asking why we can't say a release date. Wheeee.
Behold, the announcement for the new South Park game's release date, made on March 27th, with the actual release date being March 30th.
http://www.digitalspy.com/gaming/ne...tenormans-revenge-release-date-announced.html
THIS is how downloadable game release dates generally go if a company wants it to be put up for sale immediately after approval.
If the company gets it approved weeks or months beforehand and holds on to it, like with 3sOE, then they can announce a much later date but make the announcement earlier. Otherwise, only a few days.

SO YEAH. That's why we can't say. FOR THE LAST TIME. :^P

Ravidrath

Yeah, the thing that is so frustrating is that people assume that we know the release date and aren't telling them for some reason.

Even we don't know! We would tell you if we did, because not telling you serves no purpose!

Card Boy

Banned
Request to the developer that posts on Gaf. Please price this accordingly on the PS3 for people in Australia. Our dollar has being worth more than US one for 2-3 years now. Sidhe (Shatter guys) did the right thing, i hope you guys do the right thing aswell.

Ravidrath

Request to the developer that posts on Gaf. Please price this accordingly on the PS3 for people in Australia. Our dollar has being worth more than US one for 2-3 years now. Sidhe (Shatter guys) did the right thing, i hope you guys do the right thing aswell.

Unfortunately we don't really have any power over how the game is actually priced.

What is the price of downloadable games in Oz, anyway?

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Frank "Trashman" Reynolds;36497234 said:
If this isn't out Tuesday I'm spending my money on something else and just sticking with AE. This is ridiculous.

Why is it ridiculous? They're just being open about it.

You know how game releases work, this shit aint easy man.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
I won't "spend money on something else" but if it's for whatever reason delayed well into summer then I can imagine not buying it since I'll just be getting P4U anyway.

Top Bottom