• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skullgirls- New Characters, Painwheel and Valentine, Announced [Full Roster Revealed]

LowParry

I really just wanted to say this here and keep it from blowing wide open until we have official confirmation from Sony, so... maybe keep the release date out of the thread title for now?

Well, if the XBL date is legit, I see no reason to update. Could just have PSN titled "Possible 4/10".

With that information I can get to work. Time to put the streets on notice. I will however miss the launch parties. I took a Double cosplayer home last night. It was wonderful.

EYEL1NER

Finally. I'm pretty pumped for this. I just put the game out of my mind and just didn't care about it, so that way I wouldn't get hyped and then be disappointed about the wait.
But it is almost here...

I noticed a distinct lack of Friday fanart on this page...
Since NinajHeartless is slacking, and it's a massive amount of art...

Yeah, I was wondering why Ninaj didn't post anything. This week's fan art has some high calibur stuff. Filia, Peacock and Parasoul absolutely own this week.
I will bring a snorkel, in hopes of living long enough to spend some of it!

Also, please don't start the (amazing) OT until it's thrice official!
Have people been passing my OT around? Heads will roll...

punsmall.png

Microsoft doesn't do promotions for multiplatform games. Skullgirls promo is out of the question.
The worst thing about these stores. It'd be awesome if they did just a bit more for their multiplatform digital games. I wonder if they'll(PSN too) be able to continue this way next generation as more and more digital storefronts open.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
You guys should make a new thread for the newly announced release date. Just saying, it gets the word out and probably would be welcomed instead of being stuffed in this megathread. New thread for new news is the rule afterall. And then a proper OT in a week or so with relevant information, because the OP/this thread is a bit of a mess in terms of trying to extract information out.

As much as I find the art style offensive and hate on it, I will be giving the game a whirl for sure. Any word on the size of the game/download?

Dachande

^^^ Ravidrath said a minute ago he wants to hold off on putting the release date in the thread title until the PSN date is confirmed too.

Yesss! Maybe a week later than I hoped, but I'm glad we finally know the date.

Still, urgh, better psyche myself up for carrying my arcade stick to and from work every day for at least a couple of weeks...

You guys should make a new thread for the newly announced release date. Just saying, it gets the word out and probably would be welcomed instead of being stuffed in this megathread. New thread for new news is the rule afterall. And then a proper OT in a week or so with relevant information, because the OP/this thread is a bit of a mess in terms of trying to extract information out.

As much as I find the art style offensive and hate on it, I will be giving the game a whirl for sure. Any word on the size of the game/download?

If Ravi hadn't said they didn't want to blow it up yet since PSN isn't official, someone probably would have already.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Yo, they finally freed the release date? One more week. Finally. I'm been wanting to try this game out for the longest now. Hope it sells well.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
^^^ Ravidrath said a minute ago he wants to hold off on putting the release date in the thread title until the PSN date is confirmed too.

Yesss! Maybe a week later than I hoped, but I'm glad we finally know the date.

Still, urgh, better psyche myself up for carrying my arcade stick to and from work every day for at least a couple of weeks...
If Ravi hadn't said they didn't want to blow it up yet since PSN isn't official, someone probably would have already.
Ah okay, that makes sense then.

Ravidrath

Well, so much for trying to quietly inform our biggest fans... it's all over Twitter, various fighting game sites' front pages, and Joystiq.

I honestly didn't expect that people cared that much? Maybe I'm naive, but... it's incredibly heartening, nonetheless.

I keep turning on my phone or checking my e-mail, expecting someone to be yelling at me. That hasn't happened yet, so I can only guess it's because anyone that would do the yelling feels the same way.

TL;DR Version: <3

While I've got you...

Yes, the Texas Showdown tournament is still on. We're going to send them debug kits, and the tournament will just be free to enter. I believe the prize pool is $500, and first place will get a custom stick.

So what do the custom sticks look like? Well, I just received two (kind of blurry) pics from FoeHammer, and I think you'll get the general idea...

7034236955_3e04ba703d_z.jpg

6888142068_3099af3777_z.jpg

...They're really swank, don't you think?

They'll also come with a carrying case, embroidered with the Skullgirls logo.

V_Arnold

Wow, amazing look on dem stickz!

Also, 4.11. It is a fine day, I admit I got a little scared by this 4/4 stuff because I thought that if that is not true, then it will be something like 5/20 or even later... -.-

My body is ready for this.

Tizoc

So...

We have passed Microsoft certification, like... literally within the last 30 minutes. On a Saturday!? Yes, on a Saturday.

The game will be released on XBLA worldwide on April 11th, for 1200 MS points.

Unfortunately, we still cannot be 100% certain on PSN release date, because, well... it's Saturday. Sony has separate submissions for different regions, which makes it more difficult to nail down, too.

North American PSN release will very probably be April 10th, but we are still awaiting final confirmation. And as you might expect, the PSN version will be $14.99.

I want to apologize for having to leave you in the dark on this for so long. It has been agonizing, and MS's "leak" on Xbox.com didn't help at all. We would have denied it sooner, but the reality is that Microsoft was still trying to slot us on April 4th as late as yesterday morning.

*Has every orchestra in the world play Ode to Joy*
Glad to see it coming out within the next 2 weeks...at least for 360 owners, hope you guys have a blast =D
EDIT: Oh cool PSN in the same time frame...and 15 dollars only? Wicked~ Any word on EU release date? If EU doesn't get it at the same time...
Regardless, I will double dip by purchsing it off both US and EU PSN ;D

Masaki_

Will hold back my excitement till we hear more about the (possible) PC version. While you guys enjoy the game, the launch party continues for me.

For Skullgals, they are joined by Paul Robertson, whose previous works include Scott Pilgrim vs The World: The Game and Pirate Baby Cabana Battle 2006.

Se2RJ.jpg

NGPC in hand mutherfuckers. Let's GO.

6888159702_99d41e9a64_o.gif

I DAWWW'd the fuck out at the single pixel nose.

Ardvent

So...

We have passed Microsoft certification, like... literally within the last 30 minutes. On a Saturday!? Yes, on a Saturday.

Unfortunately, we still cannot be 100% certain on PSN release date, because, well... it's Saturday. Sony has separate submissions for different regions, which makes it more difficult to nail down, too.

North American PSN release will very probably be April 10th, but we are still awaiting final confirmation. And as you might expect, the PSN version will be $14.99.

I want to apologize for having to leave you in the dark on this for so long. It has been agonizing, and MS's "leak" on Xbox.com didn't help at all. We would have denied it sooner, but the reality is that Microsoft was still trying to slot us on April 4th as late as yesterday morning.

I'd hate to be that guy, but is there any word on the PC release? I've been waiting for Skullgirls for the PC since i've heard about it almost a year ago (and saw that it was a supported platform). Being as both my Xbox and PS3 aren't on PSN / Live my only options of obtaining the game are sailing on some seas. I'm begging you for an update on the game! Steamworks would be amazing, but i'd even take a straight XBLA port with GFWL right now. I JUST WANT TO PLAY!

El Sloth

Banned
Such short notice for me. I might have to sell plasma.

(nah)

I look forward to filling my screen with bombs and falling objects.

Galdelico

Oh YES.
So happy.
My points are ready.

Hey, I'm sorry if it's already been asked but do you plan to release a trial version on PSN too, or just the full game?

alstein

I'd hate to be that guy, but is there any word on the PC release? I've been waiting for Skullgirls for the PC since i've heard about it almost a year ago (and saw that it was a supported platform). Being as both my Xbox and PS3 aren't on PSN / Live my only options of obtaining the game are sailing on some seas. I'm begging you for an update on the game! Steamworks would be amazing, but i'd even take a straight XBLA port with GFWL right now. I JUST WANT TO PLAY!

PC is going to depend on console sales, and won't be for a while.

If I end up liking this game (it can be good without me liking it, will depend largely on how the execution is), I'll double-dip so I can have a fighter to play when I'm done with consoles.

NEO0MJ

So...

How can we be sure this isn't April's Fools?

Also...

You asked for it, and we're giving it to you: Skullgirls is coming to handhelds in early 2013!

http://skullgirls.com/2012/04/skullgals-coming-to-handheldgaming-systems-in-early-2013/

Looks legit. Can't wait to play it using 3G on the go.

You're going to have to wait a few months for the PC version. It's real development time to port it over, and there's lots of things to think about like keyboard support, plug and play stick support like AE has... I'll be buying both if it's real!

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Just sayin'... I'd be willing to buy a full on Skullgals too. Throw it up on XBLIG / PS Minis / Steam / whatever, and I'd assuredly get it! NGPC pixel art was so fantastic, so full of personality and character!

No thanks

Top Bottom