• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skullgirls |OT| New age of Heroines

Um ...

1024x576.resizedimage

... UMMM

For those who don't know, there've been rumblings about a Skullgirls guest character in the Japanese Fighter, Under Night in Birth : EXE Late ... and then this popped up in Skullgirls' official art gallery!

Ok now I actually care about UNiB

The text seems like its the other way around almost, like SG will get the UNiB character as a guest.

The sprite and art pretty much confirms that its SG -> UNiB though.

Kioshen

Um ...

1024x576.resizedimage

... UMMM

For those who don't know, there've been rumblings about a Skullgirls guest character in the Japanese Fighter, Under Night in Birth : EXE Late ... and then this popped up in Skullgirls' official art gallery!

45981-Sweet-Jesus-mother-of-god-Jura-ytNE.gif

Well that's certainly one interpretation of the character. Wonder how she'll fit inside their game.

Crocodile

I'd jump to the "just guest fan art from developers who are also big fans" conclusion long before the "Fillia will be a guest character in UNIB confirmed" conclusion :p

Loona

So much for anyone getting 100%

If true, that'd be really frustrating for the artists if most people can't see their work - at least every other piece was guest art, and if I provided guest art for a project but it was impossible for most to see it I'd be pissed.

All guest art is unlocked by default.

Marie 300% is only required for the Marie 300% cutscenes/artwork.

However, beating Marie 300% unlocks everything in the Gallery, regardless of what the individual conditions are.

(incidentally, Marie's condition is busted, so until next patch you can only see her official artwork by beating Marie 300%.)

Gonna quote myself from Skullheart re: unlocks and Art Gallery, in case you're having trouble getting to everything.

darkblade77 said:
... 442/578 is currently the maximum number of entries you can unlock without beating Marie 300%. This is a bug. I've put in the fix for this, so it'll be corrected by next patch.

Normally, you should be able to unlock up to 574/578 without beating Marie 300%.
If you are at 442/578 right now, you technically should have the above number, and you will after the fix goes live ...

Jintor

the only people lurking in the australian lobby are gods who will demolish you without a second thought.

I love marvel-style fighters, but man, getting caught in a minute-long combo is not any fun ever

That's honestly what I was guessing it could be.
Aye, good call. I would also see someone investing into Lab Zero as an announcement that would qualify as "exciting for LZ, not very interesting for everyone else".

Unless they announce it by someone breaking through a (fake) wall and shouting "wonga!", of course.

Looking forward to hearing the good news tomorrow! :)

It is probably either Konami handing off SG publishing stuff to Autumn or LZ, or some funding news.

Bah im not used to looking at the community forum....ive missed SkullGAF.

Now someone, please tell me that image of Fillia is real. ;-;

TheOGB

Banned
Yeah, it only hit me yesterday that the gallery was finally in, and they have got an impressive set of artists to contribute. Such an awesome collection.

Speaking of, I spent a few hours last night trying to beat Marie 300%. Fucking hell. Was able to get her to the second stage more consistently before I quit, but jeez louise those human (remains) shields she throws up are such a pain!

Imagine how we felt when we saw it.

He wrote the nicest e-mail - Earlfriend was translating it at lunch one day, and we were all blushing he was so complimentary. He's a big fan of ours.
Wow! Any chance you'll share it? :-D I'm a big fan of Kamitani and Lab Zero. You guys should totally collaborate on something...you have so much in common:
-Small, poor studios
-Interesting artistic visions
-Making niche games
-Like busty redheads
-Love fast-paced action

Ravidrath

Wow! Any chance you'll share it? :-D I'm a big fan of Kamitani and Lab Zero. You guys should totally collaborate on something...you have so much in common:
-Small, poor studios
-Interesting artistic visions
-Making niche games
-Like busty redheads
-Love fast-paced action

Eh, it's a lot of translation work and it was personal correspondence, so I'm not sure it would be appropriate to share the whole thing.

The best part, though, was when he said "Lab Zero is amazing. AMAZING. I had to say it again because it's important."

Ravidrath

....so no official good news today then? the suspense is killing me!

Waiting on approval from one of the companies involved, so still nothing.

What a nice chap. Did you send him a response?

Yeah, it was an e-mail conversation between Alex and Kamitani. There were a few volleys.

Kamitani started it because Alex went and got some things signed at E3, and gave him a SG art book, etc. And Kamitani wrote to thank him for it, said he's been following Alex on DeviantArt for years, etc. And then they talked some more, and then he sent the Filia art.

Alex asked if he could use it in the Gallery, and his response was "It's your art now! Do what you want!"

Ravidrath said:
Yeah, it was an e-mail conversation between Alex and Kamitani. There were a few volleys.

Kamitani started it because Alex went and got some things signed at E3, and gave him a SG art book, etc. And Kamitani wrote to thank him for it, said he's been following Alex on DeviantArt for years, etc. And then they talked some more, and then he sent the Filia art.

Alex asked if he could use it in the Gallery, and his response was "It's your art now! Do what you want!"
That is so goddamn cool.

Oh gawd too much updates in the beta, I could not test any of them because of work. I have to take time this week to try the linker limitation. :3

TheOGB

Banned
I like the VSav rounds, but I don't know if I'd like them replacing the current style. Is there a way we could get both? Maybe as an option?

Top Bottom