• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skullgirls |OT| New age of Heroines

Ravidrath

"Kicked Out"? Did something bad happen?

Basically, they said that we were scaring away their other clientele and the Salty people weren't buying enough food and drinks.

So we started selling wristbands for $5, that were also good for $5 towards food and drinks.

Apparently still not good enough, so they asked us to find some place else.

Silky

Banned
Wait, since MS supports self-publishing, does this mean that LZ still needs a publisher to keep their game on the marketplace? Why?

Basically, they said that we were scaring away their other clientele and the Salty people weren't buying enough food and drinks.

So we started selling wristbands for $5, that were also good for $5 towards food and drinks.

Apparently still not good enough, so they asked us to find some place else.

Hahaha, it's sad how much I can relate to that with our fgc community here =.=

TheOGB

Banned
tumblr_mvvg3a8swn1s5zwdxo1_1280.png

Soon.

Kioshen

Finally was able to get this posted.

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/keep-skullgirls-growing/x/2363858?c=activity

...Everyone guessed right!

I'm so glad the major platform holders finally got their act together to finally look at their busted process for indie developers. The amount of roadblocks you guys have to through each time is staggering.

It's not Salty Cupcakes any more, because we were kicked out of Frootsi.

It's now at a new place, will be on Fridays, and is still looking for a new name.

Well that sucks. Looked like a fun place too.

CrossRhythm

Neo Member
I've never had a problem picking it up on the iOS version. The event almost never starts on time so if you look for it at 11:30 (est)sharp, you won't find it.

I've never had a problem picking it up on the iOS version. The event almost never starts on time so if you look for it at 11:30 (est)sharp, you won't find it.

Yeah I'm used to the not on time bit lol, but knowing that it works on iOS is a good sign. Should work on my tablet even if it's not iOS, I'd like to think mobile twitch isn't that derp where some channels only work on one OS vs another

Toad.T

Banned
I was a lurker during the first character vote debacle, so I wasn't able to pledge (Financial reasons ATT) or post in the topic. Because of this (And because of a recent fan-art search that yielded very few results), a question has been brewing in the back of my head that I can now ask:

Why was/is D.Violet hated by so many? Sure, I have my favorites as well (Ottomo), but I'd honestly think that a character like that would gather a lot more votes from the more seedier parts of the fanbase. Perhaps that's why?

Sorry if the question's been answered, I sadly don't have the time to look through the pages of this topic/the skullheart forums.

Ravidrath

I'm so glad the major platform holders finally got their act together to finally look at their busted process for indie developers. The amount of roadblocks you guys have to through each time is staggering.

If we ever sign Skullgirls 2, I'm going to insist that the subtitle be "Further Complications."

If we ever sign Skullgirls 2, I'm going to insist that the subtitle be "Further Complications."

itshappening.gif

(Joke post)

Anyway: If I remember my timeline correctly when I was plotting out how long it would take to see each DLC character, I speculated that Big Band would be in the beta this month.

I hope we see him before Christmas. I'll be using him to show off the game to people so they don't get scared off by the WOMEN-ONLY FIGHTER AAAAAAAAAAAAA thing.

Kioshen

I was a lurker during the first character vote debacle, so I wasn't able to pledge (Financial reasons ATT) or post in the topic. Because of this (And because of a recent fan-art search that yielded very few results), a question has been brewing in the back of my head that I can now ask:

Why was/is D.Violet hated by so many? Sure, I have my favorites as well (Ottomo), but I'd honestly think that a character like that would gather a lot more votes from the more seedier parts of the fanbase. Perhaps that's why?

Sorry if the question's been answered, I sadly don't have the time to look through the pages of this topic/the skullheart forums.

I of course can't speak for the majority because I'm just one guy but what I think happened is that she crossed the line. For most people, what currently is implemented as fan service already is pushing it. What was proposed for D.Violet moved that peg way too far if we look at the constant bottom list status that she enjoyed during the voting process.

Glad you guys have cut the cord with Konami, seems like they've delivered nothing but grief since the beginning.

That aside, MikeZ just delivered some pretty fantastic news

BIG BAND GETS PUT IN BETA TONIGHT!!!!

skullgirls___big_band_by_kaigetsudo-d5yo602.jpg

... like probably 4-6AM EST

He doesn't have all of his specials or supers in and he doesn't have parry yet.

TheOGB

Banned
AW SHIET

Thanks for putting that here, because I had to restart my computer and the stream is already on the fritz, apparently. I'll be sure to try him out before I go to sleep.

Aaaaand the console becomes even less relevant. This is the first time I've considered buying a pc.

Don't panic. The version of BB in the beta is only half done, and the Real Game will not be updated until he is done. :) Plus, once MAQL has signed everything, the patch will be sent to MS and Sony format testing for validation. After that it will probably be out in a short period of time.

Thinking about this, this has worked out really well for MAQL...

Yeah, right now Big Band is just a novelty for testing more than anything.

Yeah he's missing a fair number of his moves but the ones he has are pretty great. There's a real feeling of satisfaction when you land any of his moves and the secret extension to his level 1 super (Taunt -> Super Sonic Jazz) does TONS of extra damage. He's not at the point where a person could give much feedback in terms of his actual gameplay / balance but what we've got so far looks really promising.

CrossRhythm

Neo Member
Don't panic. The version of BB in the beta is only half done, and the Real Game will not be updated until he is done. :) Plus, once MAQL has signed everything, the patch will be sent to MS and Sony format testing for validation. After that it will probably be out in a short period of time.

Thinking about this, this has worked out really well for MAQL...

True. But I'm more worried about the additional delays mentioned on SALTY last night. Sounds like swapping publishers will now require releasing a "remastered version," something more substantial than a mandatory patch. I worry that the more casual audience won't know how or understand why they should download a whole new version of the game.

Thoughts, Ravid?

alstein

Yeah he's missing a fair number of his moves but the ones he has are pretty great. There's a real feeling of satisfaction when you land any of his moves and the secret extension to his level 1 super (Taunt -> Super Sonic Jazz) does TONS of extra damage. He's not at the point where a person could give much feedback in terms of his actual gameplay / balance but what we've got so far looks really promising.

He really seems like a Peacock killer at this time.

Tested it and I really enjoy it even in this beta state. The only thing I am a bit disapointed is the dash punch animation that looks a bit too "rigid" compared to the rest of his moves that are all really smooth.

No no no, I cant go learning combos that'll instantly be made obsolete the moment he gets more air normals and specials. D:

He really seems like a Peacock killer at this time.

I dunno, we all thought that Squigly would be a Peacock killer before we got some time with her, we'll see what he has in his arsenal after his moveset is complete, a lot of his stuff is punishable with reaction argus anyway. The only scary thing is really just rush punch because his ground shake move has crazy startup on top of being really vulnerable to everything Peacock is throwing out at any given time.

Edit : Patchnotes 11/10
MikeZ said:
Big Band
- Can no longer catch out of the air after LP Brass Knuckles vs a high-up opponent. In most cases, anyway.
- Snapback now hits. Yay!
- Added:
Take the 'A' Train - during Brass Knuckles, continue to hold the Punch button down. B,F+[P] / [4],6+[P]
To choose as an assist, input B,F+P+K of the same strength (LP+LK = LP version / MP+MK = MP version / HP+HK = HP version).

Rush Punch AA Variation. It's like Cerebella's AA Grab except you can't super cancel it ... and it has armor.

Ravidrath

True. But I'm more worried about the additional delays mentioned on SALTY last night. Sounds like swapping publishers will now require releasing a "remastered version," something more substantial than a mandatory patch. I worry that the more casual audience won't know how or understand why they should download a whole new version of the game.

Thoughts, Ravid?

I don't think it will be significantly more time-consuming to do the remaster, but it's hard to know just because we've never done this before. Not many studios have, since we're really in the darkest recesses of publisher stuff now. But Sony dev support is good and they'll walk us through it.

One of the nice things about the remaster, if that's the route we need to go, is that it will significantly reduce the size of the game on your HDD. With all the file system and other engine changes that have happened since the game launched, there's a lot of unused garbage on your system right now.

CrossRhythm

Neo Member
I don't think it will be significantly more time-consuming to do the remaster, but it's hard to know just because we've never done this before. Not many studios have, since we're really in the darkest recesses of publisher stuff now. But Sony dev support is good and they'll walk us through it.

One of the nice things about the remaster, if that's the route we need to go, is that it will significantly reduce the size of the game on your HDD. With all the file system and other engine changes that have happened since the game launched, there's a lot of unused garbage on your system right now.
Since it's a remaster, would you consider patching in vita remote play?

shaowebb

Im digging Big Band. He's really fun looking and his hit boxes look like they will open up all kinds of fun stuff. Can't wait to hear all his fun audio make it in. Betting the spinning clarinet jumping attack will be fun to use in his combos :D

synce

Just heard about the Konami breakup... I really didn't think I could have any less respect for the company as it is today, but this did it

Had a few matchs with Disco, Big Band vs Big Band. That was hilarious, my girlfriend came to see why I was laughing so hard in front of the computer. :'D

Next I had a few games with a friend, solo BB vs BB, Painwheel and Squigly, and killing assists with Big Band was a piece of cake with rush punch > super. I can't wait for the character to be finished, his feeling is incredibly good and it's not even his final form. :3

CrossRhythm

Neo Member
My vita button layout:
Lp (square) MP (triangle) HP (right trigger)
LK (X) MK (O) HK (front touch pad 4)

Assists: right stick
Tags: front touch pad

Better yet, why not just port to PS4? Then remote play is built in.

Ravidrath

Since it's a remaster, would you consider patching in vita remote play?

Remaster just means it's a new package. So 1.00 version on the store would be replaced by 1.02, instead of being a partial patch applied to 1.00 or 1.01.

Remote play is probably a not-insignificant feature to add, and would add testing costs, etc. So no pretty much no way that's going to happen.

Top Bottom