• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skullgirls |OT| New age of Heroines

Oh, hey, Chavelo from gaf is in your pool too. I didn't know he played Skullgirls. Nekro might give you some problems.

Oh it really is the same Chavelo? I was wondering about that. And yeah figured Nekro would be the big one there.

I need to get some last minute training matches tonight before I leave tomorrow. I still need to decide if I want a sub team with Cerebella (mostly for LnL assist) or not...

Ravidrath

14641153033_ac63f53eab_z.jpg

Since you're going on PS4 maybe we can have info about PS3 sticks compatibility. Sony said it was up to developpers, so can you put it in?

Ravidrath

Are you guys basically considering the 360/PS3 versions of Skullgirls to be "done" once Robo-Fortune is finished?

In terms of new content, yes. I think balace patches are still likely, though.

We're really struggling with the memory limits on the PS3, at this point - Big Band and Eliza especially.

Mike has had to spend a lot of time finding new memory savings to fit these new characters in - just another one of the reasons things have taken longer than expected.

One more question cause I didn't notice it until I read the GAF thread: you guys are supporting multiple PS3/PS4 controllers on PSTV wirelessly. Is it possible to support multiple wired controllers/fightsticks using a 4-in-1 through the sole USB port on the thing?

edit: hope you guys are actually making money on this version

Ravidrath

One more question cause I didn't notice it until I read the GAF thread: you guys are supporting multiple PS3/PS4 controllers on PSTV wirelessly. Is it possible to support multiple wired controllers/fightsticks using a 4-in-1 through the sole USB port on the thing?

edit: hope you guys are actually making money on this version

That sounds unpossible, but I can try to look into it a little later.

Already got a DevNet support thread up asking about how we let you use PS3 sticks on PS4, BTW - thanks for the link, Thomas.

That's the plan, yeah.

Managing patching for 3 platforms is already enough of a nightmare, five would be impossible.
Hmm, so will the situation be that Skullgirls Encore exists on Vita, PS3, and PS4, but only the PS4 one will get new content? It would be odd if they all had the same name in that situation. Also, is the Vita as restrictive as the PS4? Planning anything for the XB1?

I will gladly buy the PS4 version at full price if you are going to continue to support it. :)

NEO0MJ

Hmm, so will the situation be that Skullgirls Encore exists on Vita, PS3, and PS4, but only the PS4 one will get new content?

I don't think that there will be new content, just that they'd rather focus on just the three current platforms until they complete the DLC, and then shift their attention to the PS4V versions and just roll out balance patches when needed.

I guess no plans for a Wii U version?

I guess no plans for a Wii U version?

I would absolutely adore one. I got Skullgirls on PS Plus and have taken advantage of the DLC. If it were to come to Wii U I would definitely buy it Day 1 no matter the cost ($50 or less).

My Wii U is my local multi-player machine and I already have several unique local multi-player experiences like Tekken Tag 2, Sonic Racing Transformed and Black Ops 2. I would love a 2D fighter I could use my fightsticks on (I am in no way good at fighting games).

Lab Zero I hope you keep any open mind about a Wii U port and look at how the Wii U is performing after this Christmas with Smash.

Also thanks Lab Zero for making a game I really enjoyed. Especially the story. I love learning new information about characters from different stories.

hao chi

Finally going to work on learning this game (Valentine, Parasoul, and Fukua). Anybody who wants to fight a scrub should add me.

PSN: hao-chi

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Ravidrath, for the Vita version, are you guys planning on allowing commands be set to the rear touchpad? The reason I ask is that playing SG without macros on the default Vita control scheme would be pretty difficult given the command for assists.

Top Bottom