• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skullgirls |OT| New age of Heroines

Challenges
In challenges, players square off against opponents with a variety of unique battle conditions to test their mettle. Can you beat Big Band without jumping? Or defeat triple Doubles?

I shall be living vicariously through the CPU until further notice.

By the way Ravi and since Capcom is doing it for SF5, can't you connect PS players with PC players? Just asking if you already thought about it.

Nyoro SF

By the way Ravi and since Capcom is doing it for SF5, can't you connect PS players with PC players? Just asking if you already thought about it.

It was oft requested but it requires special online configuration and development which requires that sweet moolah, $$$, iron men, etc.

It's annoying that that sort of cross-platform play is harder to implement than we all believed, because that would extend the online presence of the game to a ridiculous level (though I probably wouldn't stop getting my teeth kicked in by Filia and Cerebella players).

Trials
Trials test players’ skills by having them to perform combos. Trials are built on a new button-by-button instructional system to make learning combos easier and more intuitive than ever.

Furthermore, unlike many fighting game trials, Skullgirls 2nd Encore’s trials include combos frequently used in real play, from basic bread ‘n butter to more advanced combos.

Honestly I really need this because after every break I take from the game I can't remember shit about Fillia combos :T

Haven't touched the tutorial modes in a while, but did they ever get updated to cover things like the undizzy meter and resets? I notice a few beginners complaining about going online and getting "touch of death"'d by someone like WingZero because they didn't recognize reset opportunities.

Also hoping you'll enable some of the training mode tools in Character Trials. One of my more frequent frustrations is being unable to figure out why I failed a link or whatever. With those tools available I might be able to recognize that I was jump canceling 4 frames too late or something like that.

TheOGB

Banned
Haven't touched the tutorial modes in a while, but did they ever get updated to cover things like the undizzy meter and resets?
Yes, they go over undizzy in the infinte combos/breakers tutorial. I don't think there's one on resets, but at some point they do say it's better to do shorter combos and mixup iirc

BTW, did no one notice that we did this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZanWKDUjMcs

So good.
But when's it gonna be on the backer soundtrack tho? :) That'll probably be close to the Robo update/PS4 release since that's not too far off now, right?

My Skullgirls backer rewards are heeeere I think. Need to get home and open the package. :D

EDIT: IT IS

It's been a long time coming but I finally have my t-shirt and postcards. :D There's loads of cards, too!

Ravidrath

My Skullgirls backer rewards are heeeere I think. Need to get home and open the package. :D

EDIT: IT IS

It's been a long time coming but I finally have my t-shirt and postcards. :D There's loads of cards, too!

Yeah, I doubled the postcard set to include the Steam trading card art, because it wasn't that expensive, it was great art, and we were taking longer than expected.

Yassss, taunts for everyone! (only the DLC characters' taunts do anything though, because they were designed with them in mind)

That's cool

tumblr_nnphssEYDj1tert8xo1_400.gif

And R. Fortune is complete now on the Endless Beta

Mike said it was almost the end of the updates as the game was done gameplay wise and that he needed to focus on lobbys and the PS4 port. It's been a pleasure to follow updates on the game every week and test them in the beta, and I'm pretty sad it's over since no game will probably dare/be allowed to be so open in the future. Congrats to him for keeping this for such a long time.

ArjanN

Taunt your opponent

Just an animation.

From the latest patch notes:

- All new taunts now "do something".
Double, Fukua: Adds 1 unit of meter for the opponent (100 units = one level).
MsFortune, Valentine: Restores 5 HP on the last frame, will not heal above red life.
Filia, Painwheel: Hits for 5 dmg, hitstun 8f, can't kill.
Cerebella: Raises the chances of Lock'n'Load cat appearing to 1/4 instead of 1/90, until you get a cat.
Parasoul: Makes the next Egret Call always say "Well EXCUUUUUSE ME Princess".
Squigly: Makes you feel all warm inside.

Also, the Big Band taunt powers up his super move.

mvtn

I know that fighting games usually don't work on keyboards, but have you guys tried Skullgirls playing on keyboard? How was it?

Mr. X

For those interested in high level Skullgirls footage, there is an ongoing online tournament on the PC Beta. Notable players include dekillsage, Duckator, MastaCJ, MCPeanuts, Yaya and Cloudking,

Archives:

Party Python Festival 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHkNezOZwrM&list=PLdB9h1TRi7wf5B0qyIcSj8CMUBSchaS2c

Festival 2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsnvrKwiHAs&list=PLdB9h1TRi7we8OcUKfYTDVD27ZPiPqZrE

Festival 3 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zID14IWPPE0&list=PLdB9h1TRi7wdy-PXJn0CvHLkqIHNQX-CU

Next event is going to be a 16 man bracket composed of the top placers in the previous event.

Top Bottom