• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skullgirls |OT| New age of Heroines

CrossRhythm

Neo Member
Shoryuken just posted the sg steam sale. It's kind of bullshit that the author spends half the article talking about the lack of player base. Did he completely miss combo breaker?

NEO0MJ

We'll be in Sony's booth and have a trailer up on the big screen, which is exciting. But nothing new.

Lab Zero will probably be announcing something at Anime Expo, though.

Nice. Hope it isn't a 3 second clip in an indie reel :p

Shoryuken just posted the sg steam sale. It's kind of bullshit that the author spends half the article talking about the lack of player base. Did he completely miss combo breaker?

Game is still struggling rep wise. ope it has good presence at upcoming tournies, even if just in side tournaments.

Negaduck

Picked up a steam copy with all DLC for $7. Amazing deal and I can't wait to get back into this game.

Still salty the one time I got to visit lab zero (reverge at the time) and play as per release fortune I forgot to bring my wacom tablet or sketchbook to have Alex sign ;__;

Ravidrath

Picked up a steam copy with all DLC for $7. Amazing deal and I can't wait to get back into this game.

Still salty the one time I got to visit lab zero (reverge at the time) and play as per release fortune I forgot to bring my wacom tablet or sketchbook to have Alex sign ;__;

Whoa, you're alive? :eek:

Negaduck

Whoa, you're alive? :eek:

Haha yup!shortly after I visited the studio RL got me and I actually stopped playing most fighting games for a while and fell out of the scene. More recently have time to go to local sessions and tournaments and Fresno actually has some really good skullgirls players so I'll be training with them and try to play online with everyone as well.

And of course I'll be playing that Negaduck big band.

Ravidrath

Haha yup!shortly after I visited the studio RL got me and I actually stopped playing most fighting games for a while and fell out of the scene. More recently have time to go to local sessions and tournaments and Fresno actually has some really good skullgirls players so I'll be training with them and try to play online with everyone as well.

And of course I'll be playing that Negaduck big band.

Glad life is letting you play again - if you're ever in LA you should come see the new studio!

Ravidrath

So... stuff!

Just gonna paste from FB for now.

Skullgirls 2nd Encore for PlayStation 4 will soon be available for pre-order on PSN!

For $24.99 (or $19.99 for PS+ users), you'll get Skullgirls 2nd Encore for PlayStation 4, Skullgirls 2nd Encore for PlayStation Vita, and a beautiful new PS4 theme if you pre-order!

The theme features a gorgeous piece of new Skullgirls art, customized icons featuring Skullgirls characters, and a lovely new arrangement of Michiru Yamane's "In a Moment's Time."

Check out this video of the theme in action!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UE0_nnUvZc

Ravidrath

Looks and sounds great. I'll be getting it.

Also, who did the art? It kind of looks like junkpuyo's work.

Good eye.

@Junkpuyo did the main BG art, @Shihfufu did the icons, Vincent Diamante did the music remix, and @ashuraou put it all together.

Zubz

Banned
We'll be in Sony's booth and have a trailer up on the big screen, which is exciting. But nothing new.

Lab Zero will probably be announcing something at Anime Expo, though.

I can't wait to see what it is! That theme's fantastic, too, by the way.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
That theme is so awesome. Time to quadruple dip! Is there any way to get a high res version of that regular background for a wallpaper?

Are you guys ever going to put the theme up for a separate download after the pre-order period? I'm not getting a PS4 for a few months but I'd hate to have to miss out on that beautiful theme.

Ravidrath

Are you guys ever going to put the theme up for a separate download after the pre-order period? I'm not getting a PS4 for a few months but I'd hate to have to miss out on that beautiful theme.

Possible, but we'd have to work this out with Sony. I know they've considered it for some other games, but I'd imagine they're going to want some level of pre-order exclusivity.

I'll be a day one buy but why is it $25?

It's cross-buy, and has all the DLC included, and new stuff we spent a lot of money on?

Also, it's $19.99 w/ PS+ discount.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
So... stuff!

Skullgirls 2nd Encore for PlayStation 4 will soon be available for pre-order on PSN!

For $24.99 (or $19.99 for PS+ users), you'll get Skullgirls 2nd Encore for PlayStation 4, Skullgirls 2nd Encore for PlayStation Vita, and a beautiful new PS4 theme if you pre-order!

The theme features a gorgeous piece of new Skullgirls art, customized icons featuring Skullgirls characters, and a lovely new arrangement of Michiru Yamane's "In a Moment's Time."

Holy shit, that theme is awesome. Will pre-order.

Mixed2k

Can anyone explain me how DLC works in this game?
It seems that some dlc characters were available for free somewhere in the past, but was it only for a 3 months period ( like, after 3 months they disappear) or you got to keep them?
If I buy the game now will i keep stuff like robo-fortune and beowulf forever or only for 3 months ?

Not that it is a huge deal, just that the original roster is kinda small.
PS. Talking about steam version, just in case

You get to keep the free DLC characters forever after they go back to being full price. But you need to remember to actually get them from the store

Ravidrath

Thanks man, I was getting really confused.
Now to try the endless beta characters,,,,,,,

They were free for three months because our fans paid for them, but we didn't think it was fair if everyone forever got a "free ride."

So we felt three months was enough time to make sure backers got them, had some general promotional ability for non-backers, but without making backers feel like everyone is getting a free ride.

I don't know how people actually feel about it, but that was how we came up with that release plan for them.

Ravidrath

So, which month will pre-orders open in Europe?

SCEE is full-up on pre-orders, so there won't be a pre-order period for Europe. Their pre-order system is also very different than the US one.

They did say we could set something up where you get the theme free if you buy it within a certain timeframe, so we'll do something like that instead.

Game is still struggling rep wise. ope it has good presence at upcoming tournies, even if just in side tournaments.
It's still struggling with SRK, EVO and the same people who were always served fully by Capcom or old fighting games and companies. It's not a hate thing, they're just fulfilled as a scene already.

SG has got a fine rep of it's own all things (time and luck among other things) considered.
We'll probably have some of that, because they asked for B-Roll.

But we'll have a 90 second trailer, too.
yay
So... stuff!

Must pre-order even if I don't own a Vita or a PS4.
Good eye.

@Junkpuyo did the main BG art, @Shihfufu did the icons, Vincent Diamante did the music remix, and @ashuraou put it all together.
Vincent Diamante doesn't get enough love. A bunch of his tracks in the single player portion are just lovely. I also can't get enough of Junkpuyo since I saw his excellent Annie art (he also drew a great Baiken iirc).

El Sloth

Banned
Just curious, how do you guys do your dash cancels; pressing forward twice or two button dashing? I strangely find it easier to do air dash cancels pressing forward twice on my stick.

btw, I'll be on Steam tonight if anyone wants to play: el_sloth

I want to enjoy this short time I have with a non-crap PC ;_;

Just curious, how do you guys do your dash cancels; pressing forward twice or two button dashing? I strangely find it easier to do air dash cancels pressing forward twice on my stick.

I don't.
I jump HP with Squigly and Big Band.

joe2187

Banned
So... stuff!

Probably one of the best themes for the PS4 yet.

Now if only there was a dynamic vita theme to go with it!.

Cant wait.

Negaduck

I don't know what Beowulf color to use! Cap is amazing, ultimate warrior, the 80's one. . .

At leas I don't have to guess which big band color to use. . .

Dreavus

That theme has infinite class. Will that remix be available anywhere later? So good, even in just the preview.

I don't know what Beowulf color to use! Cap is amazing, ultimate warrior, the 80's one. . .

At leas I don't have to guess which big band color to use. . .

William Thomas "Will" Riker Beowulf.

He has THE BEARD.

So... stuff!

I don't want that theme. I NEED THAT THEME

barik

I've been looking into getting this game but I'm having trouble finding the full game on 360. The marketplace shows the original version and there's an update (to Encore edition I'm sure), but if I buy the original 15-dollars-or-so version, am I up to date except for the last few dlc characters? Or is there a complete version where I can get everything in one go?

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but the marketplace site isn't very clear on this.

i-Jest

So... stuff!

I am so gonna do this.

Rivitur

Banned
I've been looking into getting this game but I'm having trouble finding the full game on 360. The marketplace shows the original version and there's an update (to Encore edition I'm sure), but if I buy the original 15-dollars-or-so version, am I up to date except for the last few dlc characters? Or is there a complete version where I can get everything in one go?

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but the marketplace site isn't very clear on this.
There is no complete version and the version on the Xbox live market place is the only version you can buy. It will prompt you for an update to make it encore. And you need to download the compatibility pack from the store as well.

barik

There is no complete version and the version on the Xbox live market place is the only version you can buy. It will prompt you for an update to make it encore. And you need to download the compatibility pack from the store as well.

Okay that makes sense, thanks!

Beats

I use a macro for a one button dash.

Shackzam

One question about the vita version, but what will be the assist buttons for it or will we just have to git gud. Also, I'm loving the theme.

Top Bottom