• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skullgirls |OT| New age of Heroines

I can play on ps3 and ps4 as well. I just like robo a lot for beowulf as an assist, it can be replaced for others, but that's dependent on who your comfortable with.

Id like to see robo in action for myself, so ill update the endless beta and take you on there. =)

Skullgirls 2nd Encore will be out on US PS4s on July 7th!

Just one week left to get that sumptuous pre-order theme!

Whew, so glad to finally be able to announce that.

Oh so just in time to not have to use the beta for Evo then? I'm assuming Robo Fortune patch for everything else will be out around the same time no?

Arent new DLC characters a nono when released close to a tournament date?

It's a side tournament so they do what they want (which was already stated to be to have Robo Fortune available), and Robo Fortune has been complete in the beta for a while and most serious players play the beta anyways. Last time Eliza wasn't used because she wasn't ready, and the year before that the only reason Squiggly wasn't used was because the update wasn't out outside the beta but people could play their match on it if both players agreed to anyways.

But yeah, for all intents and purposes, for serious players Robo Fortune has been out for a good amount of time now anyways.

Saikyo

Destructoid showed their "digital magazine" cover...July 2 announcement is about
your project with wayforward? : )

Zubz

Banned
Question is if they will use the Skullgirls IP or not.

My guess is no, but there's always a chance. Either way, I'm already excited for this game, whatever it is! I love WF and Zero Lab, and based on their 2D/2D-inspired art styles, I'm sure it'll look fantastic in motion!

My guess is no, but there's always a chance. Either way, I'm already excited for this game, whatever it is! I love WF and Zero Lab, and based on their 2D/2D-inspired art styles, I'm sure it'll look fantastic in motion!

I havent had much experience playing wayfoward games other than that digital only 2D Bloodrayne game. It was alright, been meaning to try out Shantae for ages though.

Rivitur

Banned
Loving the speculation in here.

BTW, who is up for New Thread For New News duty tomorrow night?
I'm onto you rav! I've analyzed all your previous posts. (From Mike still not having typing of the skullgirls on Xbox to EU store not being updated with avatars.) And I've come to the conclusion that you have partnered with platinum games and are making a 2d 3d open world adventure game in the skullgirls world where the combat mechanic is sg fighting in a 3d space. Or just a tie into another game picking up a sg character.

I'm onto you rav! I've analyzed all your previous posts. (From Mike still not having typing of the skullgirls on Xbox to EU store not being updated with avatars.) And I've come to the conclusion that you have partnered with platinum games and are making a 2d 3d open world adventure game in the skullgirls world where the combat mechanic is sg fighting in a 3d space. Or just a tie into another game picking up a sg character.

With Bayonetta as a crossover cameo guest character?

Zubz

Banned

Nobody needed to tell us about Bayo. It was simply known.

But in all seriousness, I'm not going to speculate because I can't speculate because my money's on it being a new IP. Although I think Skullgirls and Shantae could reasonably crossover, LZ just worked on Skullgirls for the past 3-5 years straight, and we already know a new Shantae's in the works, and that it was developed concurrently with the last one. Plus, since LZ's pretty new, their only series is Skullgirls despite their intent to make other games, and outside of Shantae and the Mighty series, WF mostly just does games licensed for other companies. I could see both companies looking to work on something fresh.

Of course, I could be all wrong and this ends up being a LIT sequel.

TheOGB

Banned
The announcement's being made at Anime Expo, so obviously they're going to announce a Kill la Kill fighter/high school sim, Rival Schools style
i9kp1Kf.png

I thought the Mariel/Adam thing was their own project and not a L0/WF thing, but I certainly won't object to a Mighty Skullgals Puzzle Fighter Turbo.

edit: Just throwing this out there, Ms. Fortune platforming stealth game could be hella sick

Zubz

Banned
I hacked your computer.. Also I like the miss fortune top down shoot em up with cat heads.

:D

How's the Mike Z Dating Simulator looking? Y'know, the dating simulator where you play as Mike Z. And you're trying to woo Mike Z. Every character is just Mike Z.

Rivitur

Banned
How's the Mike Z Dating Simulator looking? Y'know, the dating simulator where you play as Mike Z. And you're trying to woo Mike Z. Every character is just Mike Z.
You can shave his beard but not his head... There are even Mike z body pillows in the game when you strike out. It's a win win!

Ravidrath

I hacked your computer.. Also I like the miss fortune top down shoot em up with cat heads.

Grr, you're spilling all of our secrets!

Next up you're going to tell everyone about the Battletoads sequel we're doing! And the WB / Sega Kingdom Hearts-style crossover game!

joe2187

Banned
Lab 0 went full cashgrab.

Free 2 Play Skullgirls MOBA on mobile phones Sponsered by Dorritos. All alternate colors replaced with chip flavors.

hawk2025

Grr, you're spilling all of our secrets!

Next up you're going to tell everyone about the Battletoads sequel we're doing! And the WB / Sega Kingdom Hearts-style crossover game!

You tried playing it off, but...

Wayforward + Lab Zero being the ones put on the Battletoads sequel?

Yeah, this is it. I'm going with this.

Top Bottom