• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skullgirls |OT| New age of Heroines

Rivitur

Banned
We're not using it, currently.

Do people want it to? I've always found games with things like backpad touch things frustrating because I keep accidentally tapping it while playing.
Wouldn't mind having it as an option to bind the left back and right back in the custom controls. Can't do any harm if its optional. To tap the left back or right back for assists would be pretty nice.

Vita has a grip on the back for the fingers so if your hand slips and gets that far out then you're doing it wrong. Also what can we expect for touch screen usage? Just menus I assume?

Ravidrath

Wouldn't mind having it as an option to bind the left back and right back in the custom controls. Can't do any harm if its optional. To tap the left back or right back for assists would be pretty nice.

Vita has a grip on the back for the fingers so if your hand slips and gets that far out then you're doing it wrong. Also what can we expect for touch screen usage? Just menus I assume?

We really didn't intend to use any of this stuff, haha.

I'll ask about it, but I'm going to guess that touch screen is a no-go just because that is likey not a minor update at all, and our UI middleware is a giant hassle to do anything with.

Back screen is likely easier, but then we need to create new UI and things to communicate its function.

In short: UI is always the worst.

Vita is really pretty close to being done - we mostly need to optimize it a bit further and do MP testing with the PS4 and PS3 versions. So our priority is getting it out to everyone that preorders it tomorrow.

Rivitur

Banned

I'll ask about it, but I'm going to guess that touch screen is a no-go just because that is likey not a minor update at all, and our UI middleware is a giant hassle to do anything with.

Back screen is likely easier, but then we need to create new UI and things to communicate its function.

Vita is really pretty close to being done - we mostly need to optimize it a bit further and do MP testing with the PS4 and PS3 versions. So our priority is getting it out to everyone that preorders it tomorrow.
Alright will be pre ordering tomorrow and if the back ever becomes available I will know I made a difference! Rivitur away! Err... Yeah

i-Jest

Preorders are going out tomorrow? Glorious.

i-Jest

So... stuff!

Just gonna paste from FB for now.

Skullgirls 2nd Encore for PlayStation 4 will soon be available for pre-order on PSN!

For $24.99 (or $19.99 for PS+ users), you'll get Skullgirls 2nd Encore for PlayStation 4, Skullgirls 2nd Encore for PlayStation Vita, and a beautiful new PS4 theme if you pre-order!

The theme features a gorgeous piece of new Skullgirls art, customized icons featuring Skullgirls characters, and a lovely new arrangement of Michiru Yamane's "In a Moment's Time."

Check out this video of the theme in action!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UE0_nnUvZc

Is the Vita deal still in effect? I didn't see that in 2nd Encore's description.

Ravidrath

Just pre-ordered.

Keeping this vague...any thoughts about future updates to this game post-release?

Lobbies will be patched in when they're ready on all the Sony platforms.

Other than that, we might do a balance patch early next year before Evo? But nothing concrete planned right now.

Card Boy

Banned
I have to ask but is Fight Request being added to 2nd Encore? If not it should be (all fighting games should have it). It's truly an amazing feature and it helps me find games that are hard to find in my region or in dead and older games. It should be added for Training mode and arcade mode.

I'm thinking it could be extended to non-fighting games like RTS, TCG and basically any online game with 1v1.

If it is being added then will the PC version get it as well?

Ravidrath

I have to ask but is Fight Request being added to 2nd Encore? If not it should be (all fighting games should have it). It's truly an amazing feature and it helps me find games that are hard to find in my region or in dead and older games. It should be added for Training mode and arcade mode.

It's something we wanted to do, but didn't have time for.

We're still dealing with legacy code that we didn't create from the Reverge days, and working with it has been challenging at times.

shaowebb

It's something we wanted to do, but didn't have time for.

We're still dealing with legacy code that we didn't create from the Reverge days, and working with it has been challenging at times.

Something I've been meaning to ask about in the engine is hitbox assignments. I saw how the Fighting is Magic folks made their own hitbox editor and heard it was different than Lab Zero's. Is their a GUI Mike has setup now or is he coding coordinates to be drawn based on the size and positions on the art frames or what now?

Just curious how shop is being taken care of in this engine because its a pretty good neat one given everything he's gotten it to do.

Ravidrath

Hey, so we'll have another panel at Anime Expo!

http://animeexpo2015.sched.org/event/3b4452b9ef7416880800f4d4480d9f79#.VX1MhRNViko

Skullgirls & Lab Zero Games

Meet with Lab Zero Games, the team responsible for the critically-acclaimed Skullgirls Encore, which has been adding new characters and features since its wildly successful Indiegogo crowdfunding campaign. Listen to stories about Skullgirls' eventful development and find out what it's like to bring a 2D, hand-animated fighting game to the latest consoles.

Stick around for an exciting reveal!

Thursday July 2, 2015 7:15pm - 8:45pm
Live Programming 3 (LP3) (LACC - 408AB)​

We got a bigger room this time, but they've filled up in the past. So if you'll be there, try to get in line early!

Something I've been meaning to ask about in the engine is hitbox assignments. I saw how the Fighting is Magic folks made their own hitbox editor and heard it was different than Lab Zero's. Is their a GUI Mike has setup now or is he coding coordinates to be drawn based on the size and positions on the art frames or what now?

Just curious how shop is being taken care of in this engine because its a pretty good neat one given everything he's gotten it to do.

I'll have to ask Mike about this.

So I'm listening to the Giant Bomb E3 podcasts, and they have John Bellomy from Naughty Dog on for one segment, and a fire apparently almost destroyed all his work on the L0 driver? The Skullgirls curse still lives :lol

Ravidrath

So I'm listening to the Giant Bomb E3 podcasts, and they have John Bellomy from Naughty Dog on for one segment, and a fire apparently almost destroyed all his work on the L0 driver? The Skullgirls curse still lives :lol

Yup... that happened.

Let's not forget that it also destroyed just about all of their possessions, too. Including a brand new TV. And they had to live in temporary housing for several months, with two adorable and energetic babies.

zeemumu

Edit: Late as hell. Didn't see this
Hey, so we'll have another panel at Anime Expo!

http://animeexpo2015.sched.org/event/3b4452b9ef7416880800f4d4480d9f79#.VX1MhRNViko

Skullgirls & Lab Zero Games

Meet with Lab Zero Games, the team responsible for the critically-acclaimed Skullgirls Encore, which has been adding new characters and features since its wildly successful Indiegogo crowdfunding campaign. Listen to stories about Skullgirls' eventful development and find out what it's like to bring a 2D, hand-animated fighting game to the latest consoles.

Stick around for an exciting reveal!

Thursday July 2, 2015 7:15pm - 8:45pm
Live Programming 3 (LP3) (LACC - 408AB)​

We got a bigger room this time, but they've filled up in the past. So if you'll be there, try to get in line early!

I'll have to ask Mike about this.

Yup... that happened.

Let's not forget that it also destroyed just about all of their possessions, too. Including a brand new TV. And they had to live in temporary housing for several months, with two adorable and energetic babies.
No good deed goes unpunished, huh. Hope they got some good insurance money out of that.

Ravidrath

No good deed goes unpunished, huh. Hope they got some good insurance money out of that.

I haven't seen his wife around much lately (we sublet our tiny office space from her company) to ask how all of that went, but I know they had some major hassles getting made whole.

The main issue is that she's very meticulous and picked out everything to be perfect. And while the money can replace the things, they'll never replace the effort she put into their place.

So, anyone have any good team set ups for Beowulf? Ive been trying to pair him with Double, But Doubles damage seems so weak now from what I remember it being, maybe its too balance her out for having a field trap super?

not gonna give up on that team yet, maybe I could try Fukua though.....

Ive gotten way rusty at this game also. So if anyone wants a match to practice, let me know!

Shackzam

So, anyone have any good team set ups for Beowulf? Ive been trying to pair him with Double, But Doubles damage seems so weak now from what I remember it being, maybe its too balance her out for having a field trap super?

not gonna give up on that team yet, maybe I could try Fukua though.....

Ive gotten way rusty at this game also. So if anyone wants a match to practice, let me know!
I've got a few teams that would work with beowulf. Having a pressure assist is godlike for him, he has so many ways to quickly open up the opponent. I use eliza's butcher blade assist for that and I have a neutral assist to help him out, which I have big band as until robo fortune comes out because her beam assist is really good. I could play some with you, but I won't be back at my house until Saturday. We could get some sets in then.

Beowulf has so many set-ups that I can't really explain them with out making a huge post about it. Beowulf has so many things to experiment with and I feel this is only the beginning of this crazy character.

Ravidrath

Skullgirls 2nd Encore will be out on US PS4s on July 7th!

Just one week left to get that sumptuous pre-order theme!

Whew, so glad to finally be able to announce that.

I've got a few teams that would work with beowulf. Having a pressure assist is godlike for him, he has so many ways to quickly open up the opponent. I use eliza's butcher blade assist for that and I have a neutral assist to help him out, which I have big band as until robo fortune comes out because her beam assist is really good. I could play some with you, but I won't be back at my house until Saturday. We could get some sets in then.

Beowulf has so many set-ups that I can't really explain them with out making a huge post about it. Beowulf has so many things to experiment with and I feel this is only the beginning of this crazy character.

Since you said Robo fortune, im guessing you play on PC :p. I think I can update my Steam version by saturday. Thankfully my stick works on PC.

Skullgirls 2nd Encore will be out on US PS4s on July 7th!

Just one week left to get that sumptuous pre-order theme!

Whew, so glad to finally be able to announce that.

Earlier then expected! Sweet. Still wonder what that special announcment on July 2nd is.......

i-Jest

Ravidraft, just curious, will shareplay be available for 2nd Encore? I vaguely remember hearing that devs can enable or disable the feature for the games they put out.

Shackzam

Since you said Robo fortune, im guessing you play on PC :p. I think I can update my Steam version by saturday. Thankfully my stick works

I can play on ps3 and ps4 as well. I just like robo a lot for beowulf as an assist, it can be replaced for others, but that's dependent on who your comfortable with.

Top Bottom