• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skyforge |OT| Thou shall not workship false prophets

So, apparently the timer for 3x reward missions are still ticking even though I'm already in the dungeon, is this true?
I'm pretty sure I saw 3x blue sparks when I entered, but I ended up with 3x green ones when I finished the dungeon. I really need those blue sparks. It sucks.

Dead

well not really...yet
So, apparently the timer for 3x reward missions are still ticking even though I'm already in the dungeon, is this true?
I'm pretty sure I saw 3x blue sparks when I entered, but I ended up with 3x green ones when I finished the dungeon. I really need those blue sparks. It sucks.
I got blue but needed green

Im so close to that Necromancer I can taste it. Just a few nodes away...

Spark colour/rewarda in general should be locked once you enter. At least that is what I have read.

Uthred

Anybody manage to get a code from Gameitems? My excitement was quelled by the crushing realisation that raffle != giveaway ;)

Regarding the CE, are the two classes that come with it exclusive or is it just a case of them being locked for normal players?

Anybody manage to get a code from Gameitems? My excitement was quelled by the crushing realisation that raffle != giveaway ;)

Regarding the CE, are the two classes that come with it exclusive or is it just a case of them being locked for normal players?
Just locked for normal players. Benefits are. Let's you start as them, also they are alot closer on the Atlas to other classes people wanted to unlock.

Cracklox

Just locked for normal players. Benefits are. Let's you start as them, also they are alot closer on the Atlas to other classes people wanted to unlock.

You're not implying that he will start from that class node in the ascension Atlas are you? Thats a point of confusion for people starting with CE classes. When you unlock the ascension atlas, ALL classes start from Cryo, Paly, and LB. Even if your a zerk or Alchy or whatever.

And holy shit I don't know how people hit the cap so quickly. I obviously play way more then I should and it will usually take at least a few days on colored, and I've only hit class cap once. Though last week, I was short by about 100

You're not implying that he will start from that class node in the ascension Atlas are you? Thats a point of confusion for people starting with CE classes. When you unlock the ascension atlas, ALL classes start from Cryo, Paly, and LB. Even if your a zerk or Alchy or whatever.

And holy shit I don't know how people hit the cap so quickly. I obviously play way more then I should and it will usually take at least a few days on colored, and I've only hit class cap once. Though last week, I was short by about 100

Yeah I just figured that out today. I thought I could go from Alchemist to Gunner but realized I had to have the path start from the beginner classes -- so I have to go from Kinetic to Gunner instead.

This.... I did not know. Thanks for the correction, I had assumed as you said.

Cracklox

Yeah, it caused a heap of confusion of the official forums during early access, so the point is well drilled home to me lol.

I can definitely see it changing down the track. Maybe 6 months, maybe a year or 2, who knows. Its' set up, so people get used to the mechanics of the game with the easier to master classes, rather then just be able to jump straight to witch or monk or whatever, which take some skill and knowledge of the game to get the most out of.

Heck, they plan to add more classes as the game grows, so I can see them changing around starting options, as well as starting points in the upper atlas down the track.

Speaking of coming changes, not sure I've seen this mentioned here. Translated from Russian, but plenty clear enough.

Now players who fall behind in their progress, will get increased weekly limits in Sparks of Mastery, Class Sparks, and Colored Sparks, by completing special weekly promo-adventures. This adventures will start to appear on global map for those who reached 1357 Prestige. After 36087 Prestige mark there will be additional promo-adventures to increase weekly limits of Tactical sense. Be advised - this is a different kind of adventures.

The more you fall back - the bigger increase in weekly limits you will get. By this way Class Sparks will be increased by same steps - by 1890, and Colored Sparks limit will be increased by some complicated formula (undisclosed). SO in the first weeks player will be able to get 3000, 7000 and 10000 Colored Sparks. After that he will get few weeks to speed up his advancement (20000, 40000, e t.c.), up to the finish line, when he will get only small increments of weekly limits. Last gaps in limits difference is longest to get, but is a small gap, that should not hinder your cooperative gameplay with friends at the top pantheons.

Additionally, there wiil be changes in how Spark Replicators works. If your Colored Sparks limit is higher than 30000, and Class Sparks higher than 5670, then bonus from Spark Replicators will be bigger. The more unspent limits you have - the better Spark Replicator will work for you. By the means provided by this system, player who did played Skyforge for a while will be able to catch up with his friends as well.

The example provided by devs - the players on RU OBT can catch up with top-players in two months.

https://na.portal.sf.my.com/comments/559aa0d03798da074b8bf6fd?page=1

nataku

Is there a quicker way to unlock classes, or do I really have to snake around the entire atlas to get to some of the ones that are on the edges?

Primus

Is there a TL;DR version?
So apparently casual players will progress much faster with this new feature? If so, I'm so happy.

Basically. Players behind the curve will get access to special missions which will increase their spark cap limit so they can grind and catch up. As they get back to the forward players, those limits will decrease until they get back in line with normal play.

Thanks for the 5 man tonight Gaf!
was so crazy in there I forgot to take screenshots until the end :(

SRwIPH5.jpg

4tHQNxJ.jpg

W0s7TPT.jpg

BvzVrHm.jpg

Cracklox

Do the boss mechanics for the squad dungeons ever change as you progress through higher difficulties?

Not really from what Ive seen. but you do constantly unlock new dungeons at different prestige tiers, each with new bosses and mechanics. So the game keep you learning.

We had a bunch of 1st timers go into Thandi drilling station, and after 5 or 6 wipes we all agreed to call it quits. Just could not figure out how to stop a boss from healing itself. It had something to do with keeping it out of fire in the area, and we thought we had it when we got it to half on 1 go, but then it healed to full health. Screw that.
If anyone knows the trick to that, please disclose

I think we may have been a little undercooked DPS wise. Gunna gear up a little more and give it another go later

edit - ^hah. nice

Not really from what Ive seen. but you do constantly unlock new dungeons at different prestige tiers, each with new bosses and mechanics. So the game keep you learning.

We had a bunch of 1st timers go into Thandi drilling station, and after 5 or 6 wipes we all agreed to call it quits. Just could not figure out how to stop a boss from healing itself. It had something to do with keeping it out of fire in the area, and we thought we had it when we got it to half on 1 go, but then it healed to full health. Screw that.
If anyone knows the trick to that, please disclose

I think we may have been a little undercooked DPS wise. Gunna gear up a little more and give it another go later

edit - ^hah. nice
If you had an Archer there are reports of them bugging out the fight. Check reddit.
I've found the progressively harder fights and the rate they are introduced pretty good.

Cracklox

If you had an Archer there are reports of them bugging out the fight. Check reddit.
I've found the progressively harder fights and the rate they are introduced pretty good.

Oh. Well.......

* ventures forth to reddit *

edit- Ok. Found the thread. Its still a little contentious if it is actually a bug though. Needs more feedback I'd say. Maybe i'll give it a shot with my cryo and see what happens

Ploid 3.0

Thanks for the 5 man tonight Gaf!
was so crazy in there I forgot to take screenshots until the end :(

http://i.imgur.com/S G][/QUOTE]

That darn plant needs a red zone to indicate where it's range and radius is for that cone attack. Running is futile after a point. Unless it's more like a \ / (two arm beams) instead of a solid cone.

I guess I'm going to max out Lightbinder next, I actually liked it in that dungeon. Though I really wish I could bind the switch target (friendly to enemy) from T to something else. Tab doesn't always work unless it's one person and one enemy in view it seem.

JambiBum

That dungeon was a lot of fun. Even if we got stuck on that dumb plant thing longer than we should have. I really like pretty much everything about this game. The environments differ enough to keep me interested as well as the enemy types. I'm really surprised at how good it is so far. Hopefully it keeps me coming back in the long term.

Vex_

Banned
That dungeon was a lot of fun. Even if we got stuck on that dumb plant thing longer than we should have. I really like pretty much everything about this game. The environments differ enough to keep me interested as well as the enemy types. I'm really surprised at how good it is so far. Hopefully it keeps me coming back in the long term.

agreed. stupid plant thingy with instakill thorns. and healing mobs... was so ridiculous I was laughing.

Anyways, did you guys see this? sneak peak at alien invasions from RU's server?

From "wyck":

• Invasions last 10 days
  • You will see an alien ship around the globe indicating an invasion
  • During the Invasion the special adventures will become available for you
  • 3-man, 5-man, 10-man alien ship raids (requires God FORM)
  • To enter the Invasion adventure you need to have a certain value in of Resistance to (Cold, Radiation, Electricity, Poison, Psi)

LOL another atlas. the "invasion atlas":

More info and pics here:
https://na.portal.sf.my.com/comments/55b9cf963798c9ac4868c57e?page=1

EDIT: Sneak peak at damage meter:

JambiBum

Welp. Here I was wondering how people could hit the cap in less than a day and I hit it during the dumb milene cave region. Didn't even realize I was close until I hit it.

Scepta

Neo Member
Hey Gaffers,

Got back from holidays yesterday and got the download in straight away, was wondering if there are any European gaffers out here looking for more people to play with? Grindy MMO's become tough if you're running solo and all.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
More currency to grind for. :|

I guess if I had 140k+ prestige, I'd be looking for some new content to grind out. Someone with that much prestige has got to be close to maxing the Atlas, no?

Also, how DO you cap in a day? I mean, I imagine it has something to do with being higher prestige and doing content that gives a LOT of cubes?

Aranath

Hey Gaffers,

Got back from holidays yesterday and got the download in straight away, was wondering if there are any European gaffers out here looking for more people to play with? Grindy MMO's become tough if you're running solo and all.

I just started playing on the Euro server yesterday. If you want to team up, send me a PM.

Skulldead

I like the idea of be able to up the maximum spark cap limit, but why there is not a GLOBAL spark limit for everyone that goes up each week. So if you start 2 month later the cap would be the same as someone how been playing since the start... No ?

This game keeps hard locking to the point where I can't even bring up task manager every time I play it. Anybody else encountered any issue like this?

The game looks interesting so I'd really like to check it out.

Skulldead

This game keeps hard locking to the point where I can't even bring up task manager every time I play it. Anybody else encountered any issue like this?

Happen to me sometimes when (rarely) when i click on my second screen... Try in windows mode ?

Happen to me sometimes when (rarely) when i click on my second screen... Try in windows mode ?

Exclusive full screen is wonky for me in this game as well. Borderless windowed works well for me.

boofahead

Banned
hit 8K plus prestige last night and everything became easy again.

This game confuses me.

Should unlock my warlock today I'm hoping if I can grind out my last 4k sparks.

Loving the lightbinder in 5 mans though. Had the tank telling me how much he loves me. Can almost keep them bubbled the entire time now.

Uthred

Got a chance to play it today, really enjoying it so far, definitely reminiscent of TERA. Which is good as it has the best MMO combat out there. Unlocking the job previews so quickly is great.

Edit: Is the Collectors Edition a good deal in terms of bang for your buck or are you better just buying the premium currency in game?

Valus

You need to move through the ascension atlas to berzerker.

Takes about 3 weeks if you are careful and don't spend unnecessary sparks on nodes that aren't on the quickest path.

What's the difference between the ascension atlas and my paladin's atlas? I just unlocked the ascension atlast last night. Like, if I just click "find path" and follow the nodes to berserker, am I okay? Will my paladin be weak as crap?

Cracklox

What's the difference between the ascension atlas and my paladin's atlas? I just unlocked the ascension atlast last night. Like, if I just click "find path" and follow the nodes to berserker, am I okay? Will my paladin be weak as crap?

See below, yep and nope.

Once you have the ascension atlas opened, you will start earning class specific sparks (in your case Paladin). As opposed to doing missions for them like you do for colored sparks, these will drop from both mobs and bosses, with obviously bosses yielding more.

This allows you to continue gaining power, skills and abilities as a paladin, while the nodes you unlock in the ascension atlas with colored sparks, apply to all classes. So basically you can progress in both atlases at the same time.

One thing I've said a few times already earlier in the thread is to max your starting class even if you've just unlocked another you really wanna play. The Paladin gets an essential symbol for tanking, and like maxing all classes, you get 2 extra symbol slots, which is worth the time alone

Got a chance to play it today, really enjoying it so far, definitely reminiscent of TERA. Which is good as it has the best MMO combat out there. Unlocking the job previews so quickly is great.

Edit: Is the Collectors Edition a good deal in terms of bang for your buck or are you better just buying the premium currency in game?

I think the CE is only worth it if you are interested in Alchemist or Knight, those are the biggest thing in the CE. Beyond that you can pretty much just buy everything else except the costume. I thought it was great value because I really like Alchemist and Knight seemed pretty cool.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
huge update august 11th

Allods Team, Obsidian Entertainment and My.com are excited to announce the Skyforge “Crucible of the Gods”, the first major game update, which will arrive to Aelion on August 11th. This massive update includes bug fixes, new content and feature enhancements as well as the ability to unlock the divine form granting players access to high-end activities including Invasions, Raids, and much more.

Following Skyforge’s launch into Open Beta last month, the development team has been working hard to deliver this major update intended to bring players new high level challenges to undertake with like-minded allies and Pantheon members. These additions offer a variety of content to complete, ensuring there’s always a different activity available.

Crucible Of Gods

Unlock your divine form!

Crucible of the Gods will include:

Divine Form: Certain heroic deeds are beyond the abilities of both mortals and immortals alike. For these activities, you will need to ascend to your rightful place as a God and progress through the newly unlocked Divine Atlas. Players will need to complete the "New God" Storyline quest which becomes available at ~30,500 Prestige to unlock access to the Divine Form.

Distortions: Using their special dedicated analyzer, Pantheons can mark spatial distortions on the tactical globe of the divine observatory, allowing a group of ten players from their Pantheon to instantly teleport to the enemy's lair. They will be faced with four powerful opponents, one after another, in an ancient arena. As a reward for their triumphant victory, these groups receive unique Epic weapons, other valuable trophies, and also advance towards the next stages of their character’s divine form. You can discover more about distortions here.

Invasions: While Pantheons seek out hidden hostiles in Distortions, the enemies of Aelion prepare their own invasions! Every able-bodied defender will now be involved in keeping the ruthless Invaders at bay as invasions are large scale events that affect all players. Successfully battling through each stage of the invasions will allow significant progress to be made through the Divine Atlas due to rewards and bonuses which are not counted towards the weekly limits. Learn more about Invasions.

Anomalies: Anomalies are activities for five players and take place in a large open area that can be accessed by several groups at the same time. Tessa's Sanctuary acts as a rallying point near the Anomalies as well as a place where gods wishing to join in on these adventures congregate. Anomalies can gain players Ether Resonators which in turn are converted into Sparks for the Ascension Atlas or a number of other Epic rewards. With this new challenge, an essential stat comes into play - Tactical Sense. This statistic is used to triumph over the enemies powerful defenses. Learn more about Anomalies.

Raids: Ten valiant gods will explore two unique and incredible Adventures designed to test them against the strongest creatures on Aelion: The Mechanoid Ship and Operation Isabella. Raids are serious challenges for players seeking high-end PvE content, epic rewards, and act as a source for increasing the Tactical Sense statistic. Learn more about Raids.

In addition to the high-end content the “Crucible of the Gods” update brings multiple bug fixes and improvements to the game. The full list of bug fixes will be posted on Skyforge.com ahead of the update.

The “Crucible of the Gods” update is just the first step towards Allods Team, Obsidian and My.com’s future plans for Skyforge without continued content expansions and improvement across all aspects of the game thanks to the ongoing feedback from the community and efforts from the development team.

Players can dive into Open Beta right now on the Skyforge official web-site and choose one of the Collector’s Packs to get a more exciting start!

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
holy shit

Stay tuned for the full list of patch notes! (Now spilling over into 16 pages...)

being able to manage orders online is coming with this patch too

DrAg0nBoY

Oh well if someone can come online in the next 5 - 10 minutes for an invite, please let me know. If not, perhaps next time.

Vex_

Banned
Nothing on controller support yet? :/

Kinda hard to play for extended periods of time with m/kb. Still cant get used to it. Hurts...

Top Bottom