• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skyrim: New Screenshots (Races)

johntown

Banned
Drazgul said:
It's probably just a plain regular orc with a poor choice for hair - the Kotaku article mentions it's the player character with randomly picked attributes (so the char gen picked hair 'meant' for human races).
Ok so someone wanted their Orc to look ridiculous. I can accept that.

Marleyman

Banned
Ninjimbo said:
Why are all of them so ugly? Makes me not want to play the game.

Edward-Norton-Closing-Laptop.gif

Ooccoo said:
Human
http://i.imgur.com/VbHBc.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
That's a Nord. :p

[QUOTE=Visceir]Is this the 360 version or something? The first Khajiit screenshot looked much better...[/QUOTE]
They're ALL 360 shots.

Artadius

Ninjimbo said:
Why are all of them so ugly? Makes me not want to play the game.

Did you play Oblivion or Morrowind? Must not have because these are better looking than those games.

And if that's the case then I guess Elder Scrolls just isn't for you, sparky.

Speevy

Banned
Every pic of indoors makes me suspect that they've once again decided not to include house and shop loot you can steal.

Wood Elf:

179223d1313173664-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim-skyrim.jpg

Edit: Hi-res version

Edit 2: If you look at the eye color, this might actually be a Dark Elf...

Edit 3: Confirmed to be a Wood Elf, thanks racemixing!

Ledsen

God damn, now I instantly have to start up my fully modded out Oblivion. Want to finish before this awesomeness :)

Speevy

Banned
disappeared said:
You could steal/sell (fence) any item that wasn't nailed down. Or are you talking about NPC inventory stuff?

I'm talking about actual loot. NPCs carried scaled weapons and there was scaled loot in dungeons, but houses consisted of spoons and crap.

In Morrowind I could visit the Vivec treasury or a shopkeeper and go to town.

Sennorin

Banned
Hm, I could never play with anything other than a human. Guess I need it for immersion purposes.

But as someone who doesn´t know much about the TES-games, elves seems like such a non-fitting race for the style of this game. Can´t really tell why, though.

The two Khajits and the Bosmer are custom created characters from game journalists. So I think it's likely the rest are custom as well. Unless someone else knows their source.

Drazgul

Speevy said:
I'm talking about actual loot. NPCs carried scaled weapons and there was scaled loot in dungeons, but houses consisted of spoons and crap.

In Morrowind I could visit the Vivec treasury or a shopkeeper and go to town.

I know what you mean, I really liked the challenge of those House treasuries in Vivec. If you did manage to get yourself in, you got some really good loot for your efforts.

That archer dude looks great too - gonna be a bit silly tho if everyone, including rich merchants and poor beggars, will use the same musclebound body type.

MaddenNFL64

Limanima said:
I'm actually looking forward for this game. And I don't care about the graphics.

The graphics look very good. I don't even get why people bitch. It looks leagues better than Oblivion.

Seeing this game in motion is glorious.

PewPewK

God they all look so much better than Oblivion...

I can't wait for the millions of mods that are going to come out for this game!

Boogdud

Speevy said:
Just what I said. Wasn't in Oblivion, having doubts it's in Skyrim.

Someone should tell all of those guards that arrested me in Oblivion that the loot I stole from the shops wasn't even there.

I was wronged!

edit notte: well nevermind I know what you mean now speevy. I agree

Luthos

People are seriously hating on these? ughhh... they look really good, I don't know why people are complaining.

Also, why do people not like the orc? I prefer these new ones to the Shrek-like orc of Oblivion.

Ashkeloth

Definitely miles better than Oblivion's terrible designs of "let's take a human face and then change it to be fatter = orc, skinnier and longer = elf etc."

Still not sure what Race I'm going for on my first playthrough though. I like stealth, but hate the idea of playing as a catman or talking lizard.

Haha, I remember my dad cracking up when I was playing oblivion because the characters looked so damn ugly...these are looking like a big improvement

Top Bottom