• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skyrim: New Screenshots (Races)

Gravijah

Billychu said:
They need to put in a character that still looks like he's from Oblivion so everyone will run away in horror from him.

these are just npcs, wait 'til you get to the character creator. it'll be like oblivion 1.5 beta release candidate 3 alpha 2.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Billychu said:
They need to put in a character that still looks like he's from Oblivion so everyone will run away in horror from him.
The fan.

B5W9Z.jpg

Luthos

They all look so much better than Oblivion, obviously, but...

the Argonian is the one that really made me say wow.

cory021

Neo Member
I've got to remind myself to spend some extra time making my character. There is going to be so much more customization.

I'm really interested to see how the different species look like when they talk. Especially with the whole 'move around when you talk' feature.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
IdreamofHIME said:
It's not just how much better the people look compared to Oblivion, but how much better they are than Fallout 3/New Vegas.

Yep. I was pretty sure that the next Elder Scrolls (before we saw any information on Skyrim) was going to be only a little bit better graphically than New Vegas but man did Bethesda prove me wrong.

JoeBoy101

Looks great. I'm still going Orc Barbarian, but the Argonian and Redguard shots are giving me pause. Great face scars on the Red too.

psykomyko

Solo said:
I honestly expect it to be as poor as Oblivions. And, like that game, the Dark Brotherhood questline will be the game's saving grace.

Agreed. The same writer that wrote Oblivion's DB storyline is returning for this one too.

ZeroRay

For Oblivion, it seems like they made a computer randomize all the character designs.

It may be the same case for Skyrim but at least they upgraded the software ;p

Zeliard

Bethesda set the bar so low with character art in their previous games that there was no possible way to go but up.

Jerykk

Banned
Bethesda has slowly been getting better at faces. Everyone looked horrific in Morrowind and slightly less horrific in Oblivion, but they looked okay in Fallout 3 and look pretty good in Skyrim.

On a side note, whatever happened to High Elves? Were they a playable race in Oblivion?

ReaperXL7

Not sure if this has already been asked already, lots of pages to go through, but I am wondering if there has been any information on the marriage system. I ask mainly because i'm curious as to if we can have intrracial relationships in the game like an Argonian with a Kahjit, or an Orc and a high elf, stuff like that. It would be interesting to see a lizard/cat baby.

Also if anyone has seen the character creator in action, i'm curious if anyone knows how detailed the body modification is, I'd like to know if I could make a jacked Argonian Warrior, or a malnourished orc. Almost none of the previews have talked about the body mod aspect and it's something i always wanted in the Elder scrolls games.

Zeliard

viewtifulsub said:
...excuse me? The character art in Daggerfall and Morrowind were awesome

I'm talking about their more recent games with 3D models. And concept art always looks cool with most games. How it ends up depicted in the game is what matters. The faces have particularly suffered in past games, looking like terrifying blobs of putty and made worse with poor animation.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
SalsaShark said:
Man, so tempted to get on release..

then i remember its gonna be full of bugs

Come on man, bugs are part of the fun. Just quick save often and it's no big deal.

I couldn't imagine not buying this game at release.

kokujin

Banned
Snuggler said:
Come on man, bugs are part of the fun. Just quick save often and it's no big deal.

I couldn't imagine not buying this game at release.
Same here, it's worth it.Nothing can bring this game down.

Sblargh

Banned
Blue Ninja said:
There's ten races already. The lore doesn't allow for any new ones, and I'm glad.

Speaking of lore, I seem to remember dragon talking being a skill on Daggerfall, don't remember any dragons on there tho.

Sblargh

Banned
Well, Oblivion had a bad case of bloom, so I approve it being a bit darker this time around. I think there will be colors, like, on a bright day outside (tho the snow theme might tone even that down)

Hulud

Morrowind is probably the brownest game ever made and that game had incredible art/environments. Brown can look good, when it's appropriate. This more realistic look is far superior than the carnival-looking game that is Oblivion.

RyanDG

Sblargh said:
Speaking of lore, I seem to remember dragon talking being a skill on Daggerfall, don't remember any dragons on there tho.

IIRC there was a quest where you had to go out and kill a dragonling I believe... It's been a while.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Solo said:
I honestly expect it to be as poor as Oblivions. And, like that game, the Dark Brotherhood questline will be the game's saving grace.

Stop quoting Dark Brotherhood as something good.

It was good, until it became boring right after
you killed every colorful character in your base

Personally I like the Thieves' Guild much more.

I stare directly at the text and nothing else when talking to people in Oblivion.

Looks like I won't have to do that as much in this game. They aren't necessarily the best thing ever, but they're much more pleasing to the eye than Oblivion's that's for sure.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Also, they should make it so that the characters dont look like dead people when talking to them.

MrBig

PigSpeakers said:
I stare directly at the text and nothing else when talking to people in Oblivion.
Ookami-kun said:
Also, they should make it so that the characters dont look like dead people when talking to them.
Have you not been keeping up with any of the information on that or any of the videos involving speech?

MrBig said:

Have you not been keeping up with any of the information on that or any of the videos involving speech?

I would think that people would rather stare at my drawings than the faces in Oblivion, but maybe I'm the only one.

Uriah

ReaperXL07 said:
Not sure if this has already been asked already, lots of pages to go through, but I am wondering if there has been any information on the marriage system. I ask mainly because i'm curious as to if we can have intrracial relationships in the game like an Argonian with a Kahjit, or an Orc and a high elf, stuff like that. It would be interesting to see a lizard/cat baby.

Also if anyone has seen the character creator in action, i'm curious if anyone knows how detailed the body modification is, I'd like to know if I could make a jacked Argonian Warrior, or a malnourished orc. Almost none of the previews have talked about the body mod aspect and it's something i always wanted in the Elder scrolls games.

You can just admit you want to marry a lusty argonian maid. No one will judge you or anything.

ReaperXL7

Uriah said:
You can just admit you want to marry a lusty argonian maid. No one will judge you or anything.

lol, maybe......

No but i'm probably going to create a Roided out Argonian dragon warrior, and bang the cats. I guess the funny part is that i've never even been into the furry love, I just really want to see what the offspring of lizard and a cat would look like.

Probably like something from my nightmares.

Top Bottom