• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sly Cooper Movie - First Details

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Yeah dismissing an entire studio's output based on crappy posters is pretty stupid. The "Dreamworks face" bullshit only applies to the marketing, which IS lame, but it's not indicative of the movies at all. And as for Sly I don't know WTF people are seeing, there's no DW face here. Sly winks/salutes at the cops as he escapes... ok...
yeah. i know, it's just annoying being used as a rebuttal.

Gagaman

I think I'm in the minority that think the character designs for the movie are a improvement. I always thought in-game they were always pretty unappealing, though they looked ok in artwork. That 2D animation from the latest game is barely good enough for TV, let alone a feature film. Obviously a slickly done 2D film in the style of the game artwork would be neat but no one would fund that unfortunately, and the CGI looks good enough for this franchise to me.

pariah164

There's so much salt in this thread I can feel my feet swell up.

In all seriousness, that trailer was amazing. I loved the voices. I loved the designs. Murray needs a little work, but overall? I'm in.

Questionable character designs aside, I feel like the trailer looks pretty snazzy:

iuDoxrvqqlVLr.gif

ibx5oQTlSr0nxE.gif

ibjxgiBV0cxmjZ.gif

i01DuNe9zjPLC.gif

Looking more into it

I got use to Sly's design for this movie (still prefer the older models)

but Murray still needs revisions

Kaswa101

Looks good. Although I doubt this will do well commercially, I'll definitely give it a go. A Jak film could be even better imo, if done right.

PaulloDEC

Looking more into it

I got use to Sly's design for this movie (still prefer the older models)

but Murray still needs revisions

I think Sly's face actually looks really good. Very different to video game Sly obviously, but a good kind of different.

My main issue with Sly is how weirdly human his body looks, especially compared with the very stylised Murray and Bentley.

You can now watch the Sly Cooper movie in 3D providing you have a proper 3D display to show it. You need to select "Side-By-Side" in the 3D options. At the end of the video, it shows the trailer went through a Stereoscopic conversion. The 3D is quite good, at least on my 24" PlayStation branded 3D display.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wT3SXLGDXN4

Top Bottom