• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sly Cooper Movie - First Details

Jesus, I mean yeah Sly is the only one of the three IPs (Jak and Ratchet) to not have a more realistic rendering style, but SURELY they could use the same design but with a realistic touch?

They Yogi Bear and Alvin & the Chipmunked him (live action versions of course), way too realistic at least Sly himself IMO.

Jesus, I mean yeah Sly is the only one of the three IPs (Jak and Ratchet) to not have a more realistic rendering style, but SURELY they could use the same design but with a realistic touch?

They Yogi Bear and Alvin & the Chipmunked him (live action versions of course), way too realistic at least Sly himself IMO.

Yeah, he looks impressive from a technical standpoint, but it really clashes with the art style he has in the games.

Chris_C

For crying out loud. Why do the models look so bad? I understand these are relatively low budget, but you'd think thet,'d have more talented lead modelers.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
THAT'S what Rainmaker is doing now?
Man I'm kinda glad that ReBoot reboot fails to happen every time.

tumblr_lms7eoctIz1qdsvrf.gif

Because if it's not, Jesus Fucking Christ why would you do that to Sly Cooper, a series that already has a great, clear artstyle to go with? Why make it look like every other CG animal movie crapped out by every other studio?

Wonder if they're gonna sex up Carmelita.
Oh god

Uh, she's always shown off cleavage, and had THO in the Japanese intro. Acting like she wasn't "sexed up" before is silly.

Bishop89

Wow, unexpected.
Ratchet, now Sly.

Whats next, Jak?

I laughed out loud when I saw the murray design. But.... sly 1-4 murray was very irritating to stare at.

This really should've been done in the style of the cutscenes of Thieves in Time. That would've been beautiful. Those character designs are horrendous.

If it's in it's own world, it has a chance.

But... if they decide that Sly should be up against humans or live action actors... then it will be pretty awful.

I like the games, but I just looked at this and shrugged. Eh. I'll probably rent it.

THAT'S what Rainmaker is doing now?
Man I'm kinda glad that ReBoot reboot fails to happen every time.

It's happening again, they revived the Mainframe name and confirmed the old characters are coming back.

Now will they get key folks for the new show? Who knows, but they have like 70 folks from the old days still in the company the president said.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
For some reason I just really like Sly Cooper. I've never played any of the games and would never want to but I just really like the character and brand.
Yeah, same here. I've never played the games, but the character really stands out as likable to me.

Wozman23

Sly actually looks pretty cool, but I'd much rather have a cartoon like the Thieves in Time cinemas. I really hope Sanzaru doesn't try to follow suit and get away from the cell shaded look. Thieves in Time was beautiful.

Silky

Banned
...So it's by the ReBoot/Beast Wars team.
Written by the TMNT 07 guy.

Alright. I'm in. Just.../fix/ Murray.

Sly looks great but WTF did they do to Murray? They must have hired the same character designer who did Carmelita's in-game model in Sly 4.

What's wrong with your faaaace??!

I wish they'd gone with 2-D animation though, this looks like every other mid-budget CGI animated movie from the last decade.

I'm the biggest Mainframe fan in the world and even I struggle to call them that anymore. SO MANY people left, from the creators to writers to directors, etc.

A LOT of them ended up at Nerd Corps, who made Storm Hawks, that's a Mainframe heyday show!

Frumix

Suffering From Success

It's by the company that bought them out, but I wouldn't call it the same team, most if not all creative talent behind their best shows in the 90s have long since left.

Silky

Banned
Murray is clearly the "urban" character of the group. Folded arms, wifebeater, saggy jeans. Now all he needs is a voice by Lester Spright (Cole from Gears of War)

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
sly would work better as a hand drawn tv show imo

oh, its by the guys who made ReBoot? they can do no wrong.

Blu(e)

Uh, she's always shown off cleavage, and had THO in the Japanese intro. Acting like she wasn't "sexed up" before is silly.

I was only basing it on the recent Sly Cooper giving her a short skirt and seemingly accentuating her chest and curves
they looked more prominent to me at least
. But I guess I'm over here acting like she wasn't sexed up before and being silly.

Artorias

Banned
Oh wow, that is horrific. Should have used a cel shaded style of some kind. The faces are the worst part, and Sly's proportions are just confusing.

Loudninja

Sly looks good,I hope they fixed Murray he does n look weird.

Also I would like to see an update on the Ratchet and Clank movie as well, that looked awesome.

Loudninja

I wonder if Sucker Punch or Sanzaru is involved, Ratchet movie is written or have input by the writer of the game right?
Yep, same voice actors as well.

We’ve been looking for the right partner to help us bring a Ratchet & Clank movie to life, and we’re thrilled to announce that Blockade Entertainment and Rainmaker Entertainment are currently in production on Ratchet & Clank’s first cinematic adventure. Insomniac is honored to play a hands-on role with the film’s production, screenplay, character development, and animation consulting. Furthermore, our own Ratchet & Clank writer, T.J. Fixman, who has written all of the recent Ratchet & Clank games, is writing the script for the film as well.
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/04/23/first-video-ratchet-clank-movie-hits-theaters-2015/

Top Bottom