• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time - Pulling The Heist trailer

If you read vinterbirds second comment.. I feel the same way.

It's easy to see the "negatives" on this game. It's seems to follow the typical Sly formula (at least from 2 or 3):

- Very light on platforming despite being touted as a platformer.
- Heavy on minigames (a la sly 3)
- Probably will feel more like a puzzle game than a platformer for most since most of the challenge comes from knowing what to do instead of doing it at the right time.

I liked all of that on the previous games and the characters and ambience are second to none so it's a must buy for me day 1.

Gematsu has a few more details: A new demo (The Paris Prologue) will be available on January 22 for PS+, January 29 for everyone, and apparently the PS3 version is $40 and the Vita version is $30.

It's easy to see the "negatives" on this game. It's seems to follow the typical Sly formula (at least from 2 or 3):

- Very light on platforming despite being touted as a platformer.
- Heavy on minigames (a la sly 3)
- Probably will feel more like a puzzle game than a platformer for most since most of the challenge comes from knowing what to do instead of doing it at the right time.

I liked all of that on the previous games and the characters and ambience are second to none so it's a must buy for me day 1.

Watch the IGN Livestream; there's a lot more platforming than you give it credit for.

Top Bottom