• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Snake Pass on Switch is 40% off until July 4th (First Switch eShop Sale)

Chauzu

Handheld Snake Pass before first patch was appalling, and has since improved. You notice it is sub native res, and I certainly won't make it a regular occurrence to support such games, but the innovation and charm of Snake Pass makes it easy to look aside.

nubbe

I'm really liking this game, only played the first two levels but the game is neat and mellow.
Just what I needed for casual portable gaming

Doopliss

It's a good game. I love the novel platforming mechanics. It was satisfying to feel my improvement both in picking out better routes across obstacles and my ability to precisely control Noodle in order to actually traverse them.

I did find the handheld resolution to be a problem when searching for collectables. With extended periods of carefully scrutinising each scene the blurriness caused me eye strain and a headache. I would suggest only hunting for them while playing docked. Handheld mode has been ok when just rushing through levels, as I've been doing with the recent time trial patch, and their bitesized length makes them well suited for portable play.

J@hranimo

Banned
Oh wow, a SWITCH eShop sale?? Neat.

I can safely recommend this as the latest 1.2 update fixes a couple of the main issues I had with the game along with adding time trials to the Switch version. If anyone is remotely interested, take the plunge. It's a fun game.

Chauzu

Oh wow, a SWITCH eShop sale?? Neat.

I can safely recommend this as the latest 1.2 update fixes a couple of the main issues I had with the game along with adding time trials to the Switch version. If anyone is remotely interested, take the plunge. It's a fun game.

Slow camera was literally my only big issue and seeing it fix feels lovely.

Steiner

Banned
The press release says that the trailer hints at the upcoming DLC. Do any of you current Snake Pass players see anything that might allude to what's on the way?

Anyone know a site that sells eShop currency with a discount?

Every now and then some people in the B/S/T thread will have a surplus that they're off-loading at small discounts from 5-10% but I haven't seen them lately. And at 5% it's hardly worth it. You could walk outside and find in quarters what you'd save that way.

J@hranimo

Banned
The press release says that the trailer hints at the upcoming DLC. Do any of you current Snake Pass players see anything that might allude to what's on the way?

Every now and then some people in the B/S/T thread will have a surplus that they're off-loading at small discounts from 5-10% but I haven't seen them lately. And at 5% it's hardly worth it. You could wake outside and find in quarters what you'd save that way.

Well the ending did allude at
possibly more levels,
so it could be just that.

BizzyBum

I hated this game at first but the hardest parts were the first few hours. The controls and wonky camera take getting used to but once everything clicks the game is really great and honestly not that hard later on. Switch version was great thought it did suffer from slowdown however I got 100% before the latest patch which improves framerate and heavily speeds up the camera so it's even a better buy now.

Definitely recommended, but be warned it's a pretty tough game.

Approximatively how long is the game ?

Depends if you try to go for 100% and the newly added TT's. My Switch profile currently says I have 10 hours or more played.

LordKano

Depends if you try to go for 100% and the newly added TT's. My Switch profile currently says I have 10 hours or more played.

It can vary depending on your skill at traversing the levels and if you got all collectibles for 100%. If you just go for the main collectibles it's 7-8 hours but if you got for 100% it can add a couple more hours to it.

Thanks. That's fine then, I'll buy it once I'm done with Zelda.

Bomberman is also 40% off

Where ?

Md Ray

Just bought the game on Steam... ₹282 INR ($4.37 USD converted from INR) - 50% off.
Can't wait to try this.

EVH

40% off is a good discount when we talk about Nintendo eShop. Hoping this becomes common, because lack of relevant sales is a big problem of Nintendo.

Steiner

Banned
Bomberman is also 40% off

Is it? I went to the Nintendo sales and deals page on their site and didn't see anything about Bomberman.

I did, however, see that 3D Sonic 1 and 2 are on sale for 3DS for $3, so I grabbed Sonic 2, so thanks for that I guess. =P

3 levels in, all 100%, I'm liking this game but it is fucking tense! Don't let the cute characters and music fool you. I'm feeling for my JoyCon controllers, I'm pressing them like I'm holding for dear life from them lol

Stoze

The quick shot of the snake (Noodle) collecting the strawberry at the end is new, you don't collect fruit in the current game.

I didn't realize they had DLC planned, now I'm excited.

V3rt1go

What regions? And when? That's the sale I've been waiting for to be honest. EDIT: Ah I see above.

Damn, I'm about to buy 3 more games (GEM too) and it's not even month 4 yet. I think that's a total of 13 for me now.
EU. Says it Will end on July 8.

But the price is still €49,99

BizzyBum

Bomberman is great now, the only thing that would make it better is increasing coin gains or make it so it's possible to gain coins in local MP.

The grind for the shop sucks. The online ranking system is brutal, too.

J@hranimo

Banned
Snake Pass 40% off just went live on the NA eshop. There's a post in the News section. Doesn't seem like it changes the eshop layout in any way =/

Zedark

2 levels in, both 100%. Gathering those coins is NERVE-WRACKING, sometimes you see the tail slide and you just panic lol! Anyway, great game so far, definitely seems worth its asking price, and a steal at €12 imo.

Stoze

A tip: Don't frustrate yourself over getting all coins and wisps early on, you'll get way better by the end of the game and coming back to get them will be much easier. Also, you unlock an ability after beating the game that shows you where they are.

The unfortunate thing is when coming back you do have to finish the level for them to count as collected, but you'll have mastered the snake skills at that point so you'll be able to blow through the earlier levels.

As much as I'm looking for content, buying an inferior version of the game on Switch seems like a waste of money... Will get it on PS4 at some point...

Top Bottom