• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sneakers |OT| Hypebeasts We Know About Ya

Fjordson

Yeah, literally saying Gore Tex on the inside is a little weird.

Also not really like the gum sole ones. WTB a restock of the original grey city sock =[

I really want the black city sock with the gum sole.

I'll also anticipate taking the L on the black and red yeezy. Not feeling the zebra one that much so I won't even bother. Too much going on for me haha

zrutaoq05sby.png

lol found jordan 4's in re7

Hitta93

Banned
Should I even bother trying to get this new V2s releasing in February without a bot? Going to try my luck with both but really want the Zebra CW.

bPod

Should I even bother trying to get this new V2s releasing in February without a bot? Going to try my luck with both but really want the Zebra CW.

heard stock was going to be more limited than the previous 4 colorways recently released.

If i had a bot, i would definitely use it for these upcoming releases

For all y'all that are into GAINZ...Nike Romaleos 3 weightlifting shoe:

http://store.nike.com/us/en_us/pd/romaleos-3-mens-weightlifting-shoe/pid-11255894/pgid-11464924

These look really good, but I think Nike kinda missed the boat not getting them out before the 2016 Olympics to really promote them.

I'd get them but I already have the Romaleos 2s I got a couple of years ago which are still in great condition. I also like the Metcon 3s that just came out too but the 1s I got a while back are still good, even though I use them at the gym all the time. I'm finding these kinds of gym shoes are very durable and don't need to replace them often.

Fjordson

What sizing did you go with. Same as what you wear in pk's?
Nah, I went up to my true size and could probably go up a half size even from that. Yeezy's have stiff PK and this weird material on the inside of the toe box so it's a pretty snug fit. I wouldn't size down at all.

For all y'all that are into GAINZ...Nike Romaleos 3 weightlifting shoe:

http://store.nike.com/us/en_us/pd/romaleos-3-mens-weightlifting-shoe/pid-11255894/pgid-11464924

These look really good, but I think Nike kinda missed the boat not getting them out before the 2016 Olympics to really promote them.

I'd get them but I already have the Romaleos 2s I got a couple of years ago which are still in great condition. I also like the Metcon 3s that just came out too but the 1s I got a while back are still good, even though I use them at the gym all the time. I'm finding these kinds of gym shoes are very durable and don't need to replace them often.

i need a deep discount on these. my adipower are still going strong

Hitta93

Banned
For those who might own all three types of UBs, what's the major differences between the 3?

Found a pair of Triple White 2.0s for a really good price.

For those who might own all three types of UBs, what's the major differences between the 3?

PK pattern really is the main difference really. Never owned the 1.0s, but the 2.0s have a gradient pattern while the 3.0s are more uniform in the knitting. The knitting though in the 3.0s did cause me to go half a size down as it's more... refined than my 2.0s.

acohrs

1.0 to 2.0 not much difference minus aesthetics and 2.0 having continental soles, which are more durable.

3.0 has a stretchier prime knit and wider foot entrance.

However, the differences are pretty small and I would argue any version is great, mainly just depends on aesthetic preference.

The 2.0s though will probably be had at bargains now given the 3.0 release, a lot of resellers that couldnt sell will probably try to offload so good time to pick em up

Reckoner

How do the Ultra Boost perform at the gym?

I'm debating if I should buy a pair of Supernova Glide 8 or Duramo 7 for the gym or just go with my 2.0 and buy the black 3.0 for casual wear.

acohrs

I'm debating if I should buy a pair of Supernova Glide 8 or Duramo 7 for the gym or just go with my 2.0 and buy the black 3.0 for casual wear.

Use my 2.0 red gradients at the gym, work absolutely fine. Some say don't use for legs day but I've had no problems

Use my 2.0 red gradients at the gym, work absolutely fine. Some say don't use for legs day but I've had no problems

depends on what you are doing for legs, if squatting heavy heavy weight, it isn't a good idea due to the boost/bounce, but other than that, you should be fine. it is a ymmv type of deal.

What are these called and when are they out? GiS didn't come up with anything and I didn't see these in a quick Sneakernews search.
Both Asics Gel Lyte Vs. The ones on the left are 'Peach Beige', the ones on the right are 'Birch Peach'.

I passed on the new EQT boost today. I love the profile, but the colorway held me back. Now this..... Much better
Adidas needs to stop messing around with ugly ass patterns on their sneakers. Nothing wrong with keeping things simple...

I will never understand the appeal of Yeezy, and then boost to a degree. Huge, eye-sore soles. Basically look like hoverboats. Ugly.

But I like Jordans, which also not everyone likes, so eh. Can't really talk.

I passed on the new EQT boost today. I love the profile, but the colorway held me back. Now this..... Much better

Same, it's my first time trying a boost today and I love the feel but I'm not a fan of primeknit. The casual look is nice and all but I wouldn't find much use for it outside of weekends that I'm not busy.

Anyone have any recommendations for classier looking shoes that have boost?

Woohoo Nike+ came with the 8 reservation. :D

I will never understand the appeal of Yeezy, and then boost to a degree. Huge, eye-sore soles. Basically look like hoverboats. Ugly.

I'd say it's more an acquired taste like most fashion trends are. I used to hate on yeezys because they looked so dumb but then I started seeing people where them "right" ...

It was over lol

Fjordson

I'm basically done buying shoes without boost tbh. And have been for some time.

I still wear Nike when I play bball, but for just day to day wear it's all Adidas.

Aesthetics are subjective so I can't really argue that, but the other half of the appeal, at least for me, is the feel and comfort of boost shoes. Wearing anything else after my first ultra boost just doesn't feel right.

Like my only recent non-boost purchase is the Space Jam 11's. I like how they look, but they feel like stiff bricks on my feet compared to all my Adidas shoes.

acohrs

True, but what was everyone wearing before the Adidas craze?

Just a general question.

Converse all stars as a teen, Nike free run 2s, and Nike sb dunk lows. Still wear my dunks from time to time.

That response was more a question about whether there are many peeps that dont like Jordans. I never have had any and don't plan to but I respect jordans and like the silhouette

Fjordson

Jordans are still iconic to me, problem is I don't like anything past the 12. That's a 20 year-old shoe. So I still pick up the occasional retro that I want, but Jordan hasn't done anything interesting in a few decades imo.

Hitta93

Banned
Jordans are still iconic to me, problem is I don't like anything past the 12. That's a 20 year-old shoe. So I still pick up the occasional retro that I want, but Jordan hasn't done anything interesting in a few decades imo.

Still a ton of CWs I want to own personally, some of which haven't retro'd yet(Cool Grey IVs and Flint 12s). Just don't have the funds to supply that habit yet.

Converse all stars as a teen, Nike free run 2s, and Nike sb dunk lows. Still wear my dunks from time to time.

That response was more a question about whether there are many peeps that dont like Jordans. I never have had any and don't plan to but I respect jordans and like the silhouette

Converse are cool. Never really going to SBs like that and not a fan of Free Runs. I understood what you meant, just feel Jordans were the premier shoes to own in any sneakerhead collection before Boost took over.

I'm basically done buying shoes without boost tbh. And have been for some time.

Aesthetics are subjective so I can't really argue that, but the other half of the appeal, at least for me, is the feel and comfort of boost shoes. Wearing anything else after my first ultra boost just doesn't feel right.

Yeah. It's boost or bust for me, as far as new shoes goes. Maybe a rare non-adidas buy will happen in the future, but boost is just too damn comfortable to not want to keep buying.

I work out in my 2.0s when I'm too lazy to change into my Nike Lunar Cauldras (which is fairly often). Running more than a mile in them is garbage - hate how the Boost feels oddly - but if I have to do sprints or strides, I'm okay with them. Doing dead lifts or squats is fine but again, the Boost feels too squishy.

It's a really ymmv kinda thing on how you feel about working out in them, but you can work out in them no problem.

Fjordson

I just noticed the 350v2 soles aren't one whole piece...

If this sole splits into two imma be mad lol
Bruh I noticed that also when I got mine lmfao.

But they seem pretty solidly constructed. My cousin won two raffles for Belugas back when they came out and despite wearing one of his pairs constantly since he got them they look basically brand new.

Fjordson

Yeah, just saw the gum pack got delayed.

Don't mind tbh, gives my wallet some relief. Already trying for two pairs of ultra boosts on Feb. 1st.

Top Bottom