• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sneakers |OT| Hypebeasts We Know About Ya

Fuck. I ordered the 13s for my coworker and now I think he got fired. Hasn't shown for work two days in a row...

Sigh. Oh well. Returning them won't help me since it'll take a week at the least to get money back onto PayPal and then that'll take another 2-3 days. Bout to finesse my own pockets lol.

Whats the best site for figuring out if there is hype behind shoes?

It's pretty hard to guage hype honestly. Only thing you can really do is look at preorder prices and see if those are even selling.

Also take into account "tax season" lol

Acrylic7

These drop today. I hear no type of hype but they look so dope I'm going to try and get them.

packer-asics-glv-gtx-scarycold-9.jpg

BumRush

Question for the folks in here that (seem to) get new sneakers every month or so: do you keep all of them or do you trade them / sell them / etc.

I have like 5-6 pairs of sneakers in rotation at all times and my wife thinks I'm crazy when I get a new pair.

Could be worse, could have won a raffle for yeezy 950 boots!
That sounds more like a loss than a win.

I'll see what they're like when they arrive, the look really nice in some pics but I think I may have ordered half a size too big...

Only thing is I can't really afford the royalties next week now...

Sold out of my size. Was waiting to see if they would sell out a little. smh
Gotta trust my gut next time.
You should never wait. If it's something you want then you try as quickly as possible to checkout. Especially on a collab (And Asics collabs are known for small quantities of stock).

suplex

Lotta shoes released this weekend I would have loved to get, just got no sneaker budget right now.

I typically don't really like Jordan 8s, but that take flight colorway is nice.

Never owned a pair of flyknit racers either, but I really liked that year of the rooster colorway.

And that Asics x Packer collab is great. Honestly if I wouldn't have forgotten about those I would have found a way to buy them. Size is sold out though. Hopefully resale isn't too bad.

Fjordson

Question for the folks in here that (seem to) get new sneakers every month or so: do you keep all of them or do you trade them / sell them / etc.

I have like 5-6 pairs of sneakers in rotation at all times and my wife thinks I'm crazy when I get a new pair.
I only buy shoes to rock 'em. Never sold a pair. If I don't think I'll truly wear something on the regular then I pass on it.

Of course that still means I have way too many shoes at this point, but it limits it at least somewhat.

I always buy what I like although I don't have much time to wear them. My philosophy is get them for retail if you can, never know when resell will jump (ex. 2013 shadow 1s).

I have a bunch of shoes I haven't even worn yet since my go to are the Oreo v2, creme UBS, bred 1s, and common projects. But I get the peace of mind that I have something I want and didn't pay a premium down the road.

BumRush

I only buy shoes to rock 'em. Never sold a pair. If I don't think I'll truly wear something on the regular then I pass on it.

Of course that still means I have way too many shoes at this point, but it limits it at least somewhat.

I always buy what I like although I don't have much time to wear them. My philosophy is get them for retail if you can, never know when resell will jump (ex. 2013 shadow 1s).

I have a bunch of shoes I haven't even worn yet since my go to are the Oreo v2, creme UBS, bred 1s, and common projects. But I get the peace of mind that I have something I want and didn't pay a premium down the road.

This is what I love to hear...both great responses

soultron

Banned

GF thinks I'm crazy too, even though she has more shoes. Hah.

I usually donate when I get tired of a shoe. Not in it to make any money on resell and the shoes I usually go for don't have resale potential anyway -- I don't do limited releases at all.

I usually keep 5ish pairs in my rotation, changes every season. Some shoes I keep for more than a year, with this system.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Some recent pick-ups...

15802597_363535750673509_6211319220290977792_n.jpg

My friend from the UK was able to score me a pair of the Air Max 95 DW Rabbit signed by Dave White himself!

15802618_229151937554699_1816004140883509248_n.jpg

Picked up a fresh new pair of the Adidas EQT. This is by far the hottest colorway in the pack. The 3M pink and milky white heel design got me good.

16123296_100136423836850_7614921211297923072_n.jpg

OG NMDs and OG Royal Foamposite Ones!

golem

That's a lot like me. I hate paying resell but also hate not having the ones I want. So I try to buy what looks interesting within reason and send back those I don't like. Have a pair I need to haul back to Finishline on my car seat right now lol. Used to get a bunch of skate sneakers for free so pretty used to donating ones I get tired of too.

15802618_229151937554699_1816004140883509248_n.jpg

Picked up a fresh new pair of the Adidas EQT. This is by far the hottest colorway in the pack. The 3M pink and milky white heel design got me good.

How are the EQTs on foot? Comfy?

acohrs

To the guy asking about sneaker pick ups, I get a new pair every few months. Got 4 UBs, an SB dunk low, and 2 PBs in the last half of last year. Now I find it very hard to justify another sneaker pickup atm, would have to be something I love

Hitta93

Banned

Don't like to trade because most people don't like to offer up equal value when doing so and only sell when I need the money or it was a bad purchase to begin with.

I'm an impulsive buyer since I'm all about price, don't mind if the shoe is used as long as it's in good condition. Good and bad thing because I miss out of some of the more expensive releases often.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
So for the Adidas Confirmed app do I need to be in the zone when attempting to buy at launch or just when reservations open?

I'm just outside the London zone but I don't mind driving but if I've gotta be in it when they release I'm not going to bother.

Fjordson

So for the Adidas Confirmed app do I need to be in the zone when attempting to buy at launch or just when reservations open?

I'm just outside the London zone but I don't mind driving but if I've gotta be in it when they release I'm not going to bother.
When the reservations actually go live, you have to be in the zone.

It only takes like 4 seconds for the system to decide whether you won or not, but for that small chunk of time your device has to be within the reservation zone.

Speaking of, the black / red Yeezys are already up on the confirmed app, February 8th is the cutoff for signups. Since I got the oreos I'm not expecting to get lucky on a Yeezy release ever again, but gonna try for these anyway.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
When the reservations actually go live, you have to be in the zone.

It only takes like 4 seconds for the system to decide whether you won or not, but for that small chunk of time your device has to be within the reservation zone.

Speaking of, the black / red Yeezys are already up on the confirmed app, February 8th is the cutoff for signups. Since I got the oreos I'm not expecting to get lucky on a Yeezy release ever again, but gonna try for these anyway.

Sorted it and signed up, kinda amazed that it only has London as the zone for UK. Thought it would have somewhere North like Manchester.

How do people keep there shoes clean here?

I saw a post in the initial post for this thread about suede shoes but it didn't really mention other materials. I've been using water+paper towels and sponges+water+dishwasher soap for the longest time to clean my shoes over the years because frankly I never bothered to look into the correct way of cleaning shoes. I do however want to learn how to clean different materials. Figured SneakerGaf would know best

I just bought a pair of the EQT ADV Turbo Reds which I want to keep clean as I plan to use it for jogging for the most part.

I bought a pair of the Kozoko Low blacks(they haven't arrived yet). It says it uses TPU and leather for it's materials. I know how to clean fully leather shoes but have never had to clean partially leather shoes but I've never owned a pair of shoes that use leather plus other materials on the top/sides

I have a pair of Tubular Invaders that I want to clean as well as I notice I have some scuffs on them but I assume I can follow the suede tutorial in the OP for that. However the bottom back(the plasticy part) is fairly dirty. What would be the best materials/method to clean this

How do people keep there shoes clean here?

I saw a post in the initial post for this thread about suede shoes but it didn't really mention other materials. I've been using water+paper towels and sponges+water+dishwasher soap for the longest time to clean my shoes over the years because frankly I never bothered to look into the correct way of cleaning shoes. I do however want to learn how to clean different materials. Figured SneakerGaf would know best

I just bought a pair of the EQT ADV Turbo Reds which I want to keep clean as I plan to use it for jogging for the most part.

I bought a pair of the Kozoko Low blacks(they haven't arrived yet). It says it uses TPU and leather for it's materials. I know how to clean fully leather shoes but have never had to clean partially leather shoes but I've never owned a pair of shoes that use leather plus other materials on the top/sides

I have a pair of Tubular Invaders that I want to clean as well as I notice I have some scuffs on them but I assume I can follow the suede tutorial in the OP for that. However the bottom back(the plasticy part) is fairly dirty. What would be the best materials/method to clean this
Jason Markk.

hwalker84

Print a picture out and hold it because that's the closest any of us are getting.

You know whats sad. I was in Buffalo for the Steelers game and this dude is in front of me. With legit Yeez's on walking in some nasty conditions. I'm like bruh I can't even cop for shit and you're wearing them like they're new balances.

Top Bottom