• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sneakers |OT| Hypebeasts We Know About Ya

ruxtpin

Banned
Not sure if I'm allowed to post this here or not, but I'm selling nearly new Nike Killshot 2 (11), Nike Waffle Racer (11), and New Balance 998 Toucan Colorway (10.5). I've got the listings going up on eBay on Monday, but can PM me if interested. All exclusive releases from jcrew.

Xion385

New "Milled Leather" Blacks:

Adidas-EQT-Support-93-17-Milled-Leather-Black.png

They're available on Jimmy Jazz.

Edit: Different pair. My Bad.

TheTurboFD

Just got my pride of the 70s Inikis. Man Inikis are starting to become some of my favorite shoes. So far I got the all red with white stripes and the pride of the 70s. Now I'm gonna have to get the navy, grey and all blacks.

Reg

Banned
Some of the cooler stuff that isn't too hard to find for retail right now are the new Wings + Horns NMD collaboration that has a light grey Primeknit NMD R1 and a dark grey Leather NMD R2. Thought they'd be really hard to get but they seem to be hanging around with all the other heat dropping recently(I picked up the primeknit):

adidas-nmd-wings-horns-681x437.jpg

How's the quality on these w&h primeknit nmds?

Fjordson

Did anyone order the gum sole city socks from adidas.com last week and get shipping yet? My black pair is still at "Order confirmed, waiting to be packed". Hopefully they aren't about to cancel 'em.

Did anyone order the gum sole city socks from adidas.com last week and get shipping yet? My black pair is still at "Order confirmed, waiting to be packed". Hopefully they aren't about to cancel 'em.

same here, and I was wondering about it as well. Still just have the order confirmed email. If it makes any difference I went with the cheapest shipping.

Fjordson

same here, and I was wondering about it as well. Still just have the order confirmed email. If it makes any difference I went with the cheapest shipping.
Actually just got my shipped email about 30 minutes ago. Arriving tomorrow.

You should create a login for Adidas.com. Gives you free expedited shipping on all your orders.

You should create a login for Adidas.com. Gives you free expedited shipping on all your orders.

Man ADC website is stupid. I logged in before the yeezy drop and I was logged out somehow when I placed my order. Lol.

Fjordson

Man ADC website is stupid. I logged in before the yeezy drop and I was logged out somehow when I placed my order. Lol.
Yeah, that always happens to me on my phone. I basically login right before a drop and then go straight to the product page lol. Seemingly the only way to make sure I'm logged in.

Got my shipped email as well. Though if I get free expedited shipping, I guess I should create a login. My order won't get here until thursday.

YuShtink

How's the quality on these w&h primeknit nmds?

Just got my pair in the mail last night. The knit is AWESOME, buttery smooth. Like silk. Same with the material on the inside for your foot to rest against. Definitely not normal primeknit, a cut above.

In just trying them on for a few minutes the one thing I noticed is that the top of the heel is more rigid and bent inward than on most NMDs. Not sure if it might cause discomfort on my heels after prolonged wear. I'll have to take them for a real test drive. Very excited, they look so cool and well constructed in person.

Fjordson

Yeezy fakes are basically identical at this point. Like just walking down the street seeing someone with them, you'd never be able to tell.

Yeezy fakes are basically identical at this point. Like just walking down the street seeing someone with them, you'd never be able to tell.

No one really bothers to either unless they're just some asshole hypebeast sneakerhead who lives and breathes calling people out behind a computer screen coughyeezybustacough

Besides, I think we're all adults here for the most part. That's all middle school and high school shit. Hell, celebrities wear fake jewelry and what not anyway, up and comers rent out exotic cars lol. Why can't us normal people wear cheaper shoes?

No one really bothers to either unless they're just some asshole hypebeast sneakerhead who lives and breathes calling people out behind a computer screen coughyeezybustacough

Besides, I think we're all adults here for the most part. That's all middle school and high school shit. Hell, celebrities wear fake jewelry and what not anyway, up and comers rent out exotic cars lol. Why can't us normal people wear cheaper shoes?

Yea the average person doesn't know what yeezys are, and most people who do know just assume they're all fake. If someone called me out I'd ask them to point the flaws out and whether or not they were able to I'd just tell them they are fake. Never run into anyone that's tried to call me out though lol, just the occasional "nice sneakers"

The question is

How comfortable are those identical fake Yeezys?

I don't have the newer fakes but they're almost the same. Not too different. They're not bricks, I can tell you that. Pretty close to that boost feeling. They claim they're made from the same boost material.

And to piggy back off this, where is a good place to get a pair?

I would start with this subreddit /r/repsneakers. There's usually people who buy and review. Some are paid but some are not. Either way, most of the really bad ones get weeded out.

I will say don't expect the good ones to be "cheap". There damn near the same price as retail. And then you have custom fees and what not depending on where you're shipping to.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I don't have the newer fakes but they're almost the same. Not too different. They're not bricks, I can tell you that. Pretty close to that boost feeling. They claim they're made from the same boost material.

I would start with this subreddit /r/repsneakers. There's usually people who buy and review. Some are paid but some are not. Either way, most of the really bad ones get weeded out.

I will say don't expect the good ones to be "cheap". There damn near the same price as retail. And then you have custom fees and what not depending on where you're shipping to.

Mmm, retail price is better than reseller price though which are crazy~

I don't care enough about yeezies to pay resale but if I ever feel the need I might be willing to pay reps at retail, especially if they're near identical.

Any good sources for the breds?

I wouldn't mind copping some rep Belugas.

xHiryu

my thing with reps is not only do they look almost 1:1, the scalpers that flip these kicks for 3-6x as much can eat a dick so better to get reps then drop a clean $1000 on kicks imo

at the end of the day who gives a shit, rock what you want and look fresh regardless. crazy how good these fakes have gotten tho

shira

my thing with reps is not only do they look almost 1:1, the scalpers that flip these kicks for 3-6x as much can eat a dick so better to get reps then drop a clean $1000 on kicks imo

at the end of the day who gives a shit, rock what you want and look fresh regardless. crazy how good these fakes have gotten tho

If they are using the exact same boost materials then that's pretty good.

Main concern would be foot/leg/back safety when wearing cheap shoes.

Top Bottom