• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sneakers |OT| Hypebeasts We Know About Ya

Oxn

Adidas.com is having a 30% off site wide sale, exclusions apply to ultraboost and pureboost ltd.

Considering the pureboost. Should i get this for $119?

CG2986_04_standard.jpg

Bought em.

shira

I want to get these. But i've found out that i'm a 4E (yep, i have wide ass feet, so much so i had to send back my Vapormax)

Does anyone how wide they are ?

Please.
They will be thin as fuck. Maybe wait for a custom order or ask someone who is Nike sponsored for a custom size

Fowler

I think these sold out really fast in NA

Damn. I like these enough that I honestly don't mind braving eBay... except, I haven't worn adidas in ages or Ultraboosts ever, so I'm not confident enough in a good fit. (Returning eBay packages to the US from HK is always a pain in the ass.)

Still, hope they do more stuff similar to this!

Oxn

The hell? They were part of the promo right? If it happens to me too gonna have a word with CS.

Yep.

If i have it correctly, only Pureboost LTDs on the pureboost line shouldn't work.

However i believe this specific colorway is improperly listed. Because it has the blackboost, it really shouldn't be a normal Pureboost. hell this is the most expensive pureboost being sold at $170.

Even the LTDs are 160.

If you call them please let me know if it works out for you, and what you told them if they don't cancel yours.

^ Just got a shipping confirmation on those Pure Boosts. I'd call CS and ask what's going on,possible the card was declined? Or if ur outside the US maybe a US only promo? Maybe the size sold out? 800-982-9337 is the addidas CS number. Call em and ask what's up,if they try n refuse,escalate to a manager. Also mention why they'd choose to lose a loyal customer because of their screw up. Bottom line you ordered fair n square through them and you'd like them to honor it.

Oxn

^ Just got a shipping confirmation on those Pure Boosts. I'd call CS and ask what's going on,possible the card was declined? Or if ur outside the US maybe a US only promo? Maybe the size sold out? 800-982-9337 is the addidas CS number. Call em and ask what's up,if they try n refuse,escalate to a manager. Also mention why they'd choose to lose a loyal customer because of their screw up. Bottom line you ordered fair n square through them and you'd like them to honor it.

I actually did call them after i made that post. CS said they do not know the reason why they would cancel it.

Seeing as how you got yours shipped i do have an idea on what happened.

So yesterday i made a purcahse of that same shoe early in the morning. I decided to call them to change the shipping address to my work address because i wont be home. They said they cant do it, and to just cancel it and reorder, so i said ok. When i went to reorder, it wont let me reuse the code, cause its one time only. So i had to start another account and make the order again, which i did using the same CC info and everything. I think they thought i was trying to find loopholes in using it twice.

So now i reorder again for the 3rd time, using my paypal account as a guest. Lets see what happens.

If they cancel again then fuck it, i dont really wanna pay $130 for a sneaker anyways. But they look so hot.

Edit: if i need to do a 4th try i'll just use my sisters CC and home address, so nothing can be connected back to me.

Ahh I see. If anything u could also call CS back and let them know of the situation and order direct through them. Ur right tho these shoes are fire. The pair I got last week took a few wears to break in,all comfy now.

I actually did call them after i made that post. CS said they do not know the reason why they would cancel it.

So yesterday i made a purcahse of that same shoe early in the morning. I decided to call them to change the shipping address to my work address because i wont be home. They said they cant do it, and to just cancel it and reorder, so i said ok. When i went to reorder, it wont let me reuse the code, cause its one time only. So i had to start another account and make the order again, which i did using the same CC info and everything. I think they thought i was trying to find loopholes in using it twice.

So now i reorder again for the 3rd time, using my paypal account as a guest. Lets see what happens.

If they cancel again then fuck it, i dont really wanna pay $130 for a sneaker anyways. But they look so hot.

Edit: if i need to do a 4th try i'll just use my sisters CC and home address, so nothing can be connected back to me.

Shouldn't be that difficult? I actually forgot to put the code in when I bought the NMD R2s and I called CS and told them so, and they said they would refund me the $51 in 3-4 business days.

Hopefully you can get it resolved, or the shoes really weren't meant for the promo, and the other poster got lucky.

Oxn

Shouldn't be that difficult? I actually forgot to put the code in when I bought the NMD R2s and I called CS and told them so, and they said they would refund me the $51 in 3-4 business days.

Hopefully you can get it resolved, or the shoes really weren't meant for the promo, and the other poster got lucky.

I would think it shouldnt be this difficult, but i think these CS reps arent given alot of access based on my 2 calls to them and based on your response.

My first call, they cant adjust my shipping address even though i just made the order 10minutes earlier. And based on your respinse of how they have to refund you the money as opposed to just adjusting the order to reflect correct confirms my thought.

My 2nd call, they do not get given a reason as to why an order is cancelled. Just know that it is cancelled.

Any thoughts on these from a fit/comfort standpoint?

15-02-2017_adidas_tubulardoom_white_black_ba7554_mg_1.jpg
21-02-2017_adidas_tubularxpk_solidgrey_utilityblack_bb2380_sh_1.jpg

I own both of these silhouettes, the Doom I accidentally got sent a .5 size down and they fit fine, the X I have TTS but they're not the PK version. Both are standard comfort wise. Not boost but not awful. The dooms I have a little trouble driving with because on the sole and they way I rest my foot on the peddle. It's got a decent gap in it.

I own both of these silhouettes, the Doom I accidentally got sent a .5 size down and they fit fine, the X I have TTS but they're not the PK version. Both are standard comfort wise. Not boost but not awful. The dooms I have a little trouble driving with because on the sole and they way I rest my foot on the peddle. It's got a decent gap in it.

Agree with the driving bit, especially if you drive stick.

I have a pk tubular x half a size up and I love it when I am not driving. (Or maybe I'm just enamored of it glowing in the dark).

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
If it's anything like the Y-3 Qasas I find them pretty good. Not boost but honestly I feel like they'll last far longer than boost do. Once you go through the webbing thing that's separating the boost from the floor the shoe is pretty much done.

MrS

Banned
ooh, Adidas recently released its own version of the GAT.

Now to get these or pay 5x the price for the Maison Margielas.

edit: Fuuuuuck I might actually need to get the black gats. I'm missing black sneaks anyway which is kinda weird.
Only a fuccboi would buy Adidas gats. Do the honourable thing and buy the Margiela's. I'm on to my 4th pair.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Only a fuccboi would buy Adidas gats. Do the honourable thing and buy the Margiela's. I'm on to my 4th pair.

In all honesty, if i had the money i would, but i don't. :p

Besides, for MMM i prefer the future lows and the laceless replicas.

b3b0p

First time in Sneakers. Don't collect or anything, but I do like a nice pair of kicks once in a while. I just wear them until they die.

I've been wanting another pair of Reebok Pump Axt. I went through 2 pairs when they were available. I loved them. One of the few Reebok I liked. I had the teal. I wish Reebok would re-issue them.

Oxn

Thirds times the charm. Got my shipping confirmation.

I wanna cop some Filing Pieces or Common Projects from the End sale but the biggest they have is a US 12 and I am a 13. Can anyone speak for sizing?

Top Bottom