• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sneakers |OT| Hypebeasts We Know About Ya

DCr8edJW0AA4kd-.jpg:large

EQT 93/17
Triple Black
November 24th

:dogwhew:

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Thoughts on Adidas BW army.

- I can already tell that the MM replicas have much better quality of materials, but these are pretty ok at being $300 less.

- Sockless looks eh but I love it with socks.

- Would probably have gone for white if 80% of my shoes aren't white or some sort of light colour already.

- Will probably get some MM replicas at some point because I like this styling a lot.

Pardon the laces.

Thoughts on Adidas BW army.

- I can already tell that the MM replicas have much better quality of materials, but these are pretty ok at being $300 less.

- Sockless looks eh but I love it with socks.

- Would probably have gone for white if 80% of my shoes aren't white or some sort of light colour already.

- Will probably get some MM replicas at some point because I like this styling a lot.

Pardon the laces.

I love these

Anything all balck is always so hard to get

Triple black ultraboost
Triple back pureboost
This eqt boost

Why so hard? I dislike white soles on a black shoe

Yeah sucks,they should be making more pairs. On another note I got those pure boosts in and not sure if Im feelin them completely,they are more brown in person. Not sure what id rock em with besides khaki/brown shorts. Love the black boost but still on the fence.

30,000+ zebras for Adidas US and EU, each.

Hmmmm may try for some,id rather have the Breds tho.

Yeah sucks,they should be making more pairs. On another note I got those pure boosts in and not sure if Im feelin them completely,they are more brown in person. Not sure what id rock em with besides khaki/brown shorts. Love the black boost but still on the fence.

cop the zebras, trade for breds

Oxn

Oh yea? I knew it was brown going in. Brown is actually one of my favorite colors lol.

Mine delivers tomorrow, but i'll probably see it on Thursday because it goes through processing at my work place which takes them a day.

Oxn

30,000+ zebras for Adidas US and EU, each.

So can someone tell me what i need to do to cop a pair? I mean the process of it all.

Do i dl the confirm app? What i need to do? and what time? How much are they anyways?

ive never done anything like this before.

I mean id rather have the Grey pair coming in fall, but i guess i wont mind giving these a shot.

for refernce

DCiLaPmWAAE6Ah9.jpg

Oh yea? I knew it was brown going in. Brown is actually one of my favorite colors lol.

Mine delivers tomorrow, but i'll probably see it on Thursday because it goes through processing at my work place which takes them a day.

Got such a great price on em Id hate to lose that dicount. What are you gonna rock em with?

Oxn

Got such a great price on em Id hate to lose that dicount. What are you gonna rock em with?

The thing is even though the upper is brown, you dont really need to have other brown clothing to match it with. As long as the clothes you are wearing are neutral colored. You don't (or atleast I dont) want to overload on brown. The sneaker can stand out on its own and the brown wont be too overpowering. Although i do have brown skinny chinos, and brown slim shorts.

But mainly, i have a jet black taper chino. The black will match the sole and accent of the shoe. And i believe this type of shoe opening works bets with a tight leg opening, such as joggers, tapered pants, skinny jeans etc.

I also have neutral colors slim shorts as well. Black, white camo.

And yea the price is good for such a unique colorway. I dont have any boost sneakers so this is a good way to try them on, without paying 200+ for the triple black ultraboost.

So can someone tell me what i need to do to cop a pair? I mean the process of it all.

Do i dl the confirm app? What i need to do? and what time? How much are they anyways?

I mean id rather have the Grey pair coming in fall, but i guess i wont mind giving these a shot.

for refernce

DCiLaPmWAAE6Ah9.jpg

You can TRY the confirm app, but you have to be in specific cities to even use it.

They're $220 retail.

I'm trying to find out the time as well.

Oxn

You can TRY the confirm app, but you have to be in specific cities to even use it.

They're $220 retail.

I'm trying to find out the time as well.

What do you mean i can TRY the confirm app? Is there another way? I live in NYC btw so itll definitely work lol.

adidas.com/yeezy will have them.

they usually go up around 8 am mountain time

Is that the only place? Also do they do shipping or is it where you kind of reserve it in a store.

Too confused.

Edit: On 2nd thought i probably wont buy it anyways, not crazy about the color, but need the knowledge for future reference.

The thing is even though the upper is brown, you dont really need to have other brown clothing to match it with. As long as the clothes you are wearing are neutral colored. You don't (or atleast I dont) want to overload on brown. The sneaker can stand out on its own and the brown wont be too overpowering. Although i do have brown skinny chinos, and brown slim shorts.

But mainly, i have a jet black taper chino. The black will match the sole and accent of the shoe. And i believe this type of shoe opening works bets with a tight leg opening, such as joggers, tapered pants, skinny jeans etc.

I also have neutral colors slim shorts as well. Black, white camo.

And yea the price is good for such a unique colorway. I dont have any boost sneakers so this is a good way to try them on, without paying 200+ for the triple black ultraboost.

Ah okay,and I cant wear chinos or skinny jeans/pants cause my legs are too big,just doesnt look right lol. But yeah the colorway is unique which i like. These pureboosts are comfy although the soles have "holes" in them that look like the soles on the bottom of the shoe which feels a lil different if your not wearing thicker socks. I will probably get a gel insole to throw inside to boost that comfort a lil more. Ultra boosts are totally worth it imo and are a bit more squishy and comfortable than the pures. I also like how the Ultras breath a bit more so my feet dont get hot,the pures are a heavier material and dont breath as well. I almost like the looks of my pures more tho. But I love having both in my collection,cant go wrong with either!

These are the other pures I got,think I want another pair
Code:
[IMG]http://demandware.edgesuite.net/sits_pod20-adidas/dw/image/v2/aaqx_prd/on/demandware.static/-/Sites-adidas-products/en_US/dw175f2f64/zoom/S80703_01_standard.jpg?sw=2000&sfrm=jpg[/IMG]

Oxn

Ah okay,and I cant wear chinos or skinny jeans/pants cause my legs are too big,just doesnt look right lol. But yeah the colorway is unique which i like. These pureboosts are comfy although the soles have "holes" in them that look like the soles on the bottom of the shoe which feels a lil different if your not wearing thicker socks. I will probably get a gel insole to throw inside to boost that comfort a lil more. Ultra boosts are totally worth it imo and are a bit more squishy and comfortable than the pures. I also like how the Ultras breath a bit more so my feet dont get hot,the pures are a heavier material and dont breath as well. I almost like the looks of my pures more tho. But I love having both in my collection,cant go wrong with either!

Code:
[IMG]http://demandware.edgesuite.net/sits_pod20-adidas/dw/image/v2/aaqx_prd/on/demandware.static/-/Sites-adidas-products/en_US/dw175f2f64/zoom/S80703_01_standard.jpg?sw=2000&sfrm=jpg[/IMG]

Yea i did so much research between the nmds, pure, and ultras. Weighed all the pros and cons.

I do think the pures look better than the ultras. With stock photos the pures look pretty lame, but when i watch youtube reviews they look so much better on feet, even more so than ultras.

I will get an ultra eventually, unless i can get the eqt in fall.

uhnomoli

Neo Member
Nice seeing the pure boost talk. I got a pair of the white climas which seem to have more of an insole than the normal pure boosts and they look great too. I wasn't sure about the burrito tongue, but it's actually pretty nice.

Code:
[img]http://i.imgur.com/S8UnwIp.jpg?1[/img]

Oxn

Nice seeing the pure boost talk. I got a pair of the white climas which seem to have more of an insole than the normal pure boosts and they look great too. I wasn't sure about the burrito tongue, but it's actually pretty nice.

Code:
[img]http://i.imgur.com/S8UnwIp.jpg?1[/img]

I didnt receive mine yet, but if people can deal with the flappy tongues on converse all stars, i cant see this being a problem.

YuShtink

for refernce

DCiLaPmWAAE6Ah9.jpg

There are a lot of avenues but they are all fleeting and/or really convoluted. adidas.com/yeezy is the biggest single release. US drop is usually between 10am-12pm EST. There is a que system which you might randomly get through to choose your size and add to cart (which is a whole other sadistic game in itself). All comes down to random chance but usually there is decent amount of stock and I've copped with it before. Multiple instances/browsers/devices CAN MAYBE help with this but it's not 100% understood or agreed upon.

Confirmed is for in-store Adidas allotment. If you are within 20 or so miles of certain city centers you are in a ZONE. About a week before release registration opens for a day or two. If you register, AND if you are in a designated ZONE at the time of reservations (always 4PM EST the Wednesday before launch), you open the confirmed app and follow instructions to see if you won a pair. Again, it's all a game of chance. And chances are low lol.

Most big 3rd party chains like Foot Locker do get some but they pretty much all raffle them off through their apps now. Also has a bunch of tiered hoops to jump through for the best "head start" aka spend $300 in our store this year for a slightly better shot at a pair of Yeezys. Once again, it comes down to random luck in the end.

Small consortium stores get some too but they almost all do their own raffles, either online or through instagram or in store with tickets. Most of these are already closed for Saturday's release. 10 to 5 days before release is the best time window to be hustling for these raffles. Some do weird shit like arcade games, etc. but most are raffles. Following a lot of sneaker related stores and sites on Twitter is a lifesaver here.

I will leave you with one final lead, to which I will give no further details. But if you are dedicated and prepared it is without a doubt the most sure fire way to get a pair of Yeezys in North America: YeezySupply

acohrs

Others that love pure boosts, thought I was the only one! Love my ZGs and 2017s, shame it's impossible to find OG Pure Boosts anymore, would love to get a pair.

What's everyone thinking of getting this weekend, air vapormax, yeezys, or TB or MC UBs?

Oxn

Code:

So i got mine this morning and sadly im going to return it. I do like the color and i do like the sneaker, but i dont love it.

Visually it is not as versatile as i thought it would be. I think it goes best with workout clothes, whcih i dont wear, and shorts, which make it seasonal. Didnt look good with the skinny black chinos i had on.

Its was quite comfortable, but it doesnt make me a 'boost is life" believer. I understand the ultraboost should be more comfortable though, so who knows.

So overall, while i do like it, it wasnt versatile enough for my liking. It is like an 80%, while i expect a 90%, especially for the price. There are too many good sneakers out there and upcoming releases that i should force myself to stick with it.

A different sneaker that i feel would meet my need is the lunarepic flyknit low 2. This looks like an all around great sneaker. Perfect balance.

acohrs

Yeah, pures don't have as much boost as ultra boosts or eqt supports 93/17s. However lunarepics are pretty nice too and there's quite a few on discounts around the place now.

So i got mine this morning and sadly im going to return it. I do like the color and i do like the sneaker, but i dont love it.

Visually it is not as versatile as i thought it would be. I think it goes best with workout clothes, whcih i dont wear, and shorts, which make it seasonal. Didnt look good with the skinny black chinos i had on.

Its was quite comfortable, but it doesnt make me a 'boost is life" believer. I understand the ultraboost should be more comfortable though, so who knows.

So overall, while i do like it, it wasnt versatile enough for my liking. It is like an 80%, while i expect a 90%, especially for the price. There are too many good sneakers out there and upcoming releases that i should force myself to stick with it.

A different sneaker that i feel would meet my need is the lunarepic flyknit low 2. This looks like an all around great sneaker. Perfect balance.

Returned mine too today,just wasnt feelin em overall.

Oxn

Yeah, pures don't have as much boost as ultra boosts or eqt supports 93/17s. However lunarepics are pretty nice too and there's quite a few on discounts around the place now.

The model i want and posted i havent seen below $140. Once i can get like a 20% discount or so, im jumping.

Top Bottom