• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNES Classic Preorder Shitshow Discussion (Please Read Rules in OP)

Tevious

I gave up and got a famicom mini unopened on EBay for $117 including shipping from Tokyo: it's easy enough to "convert" to English versions if you're into that sort of thing and it's so much cooler looking than the NES.

I did this too (except I bought it from Play-Asia). I'm modding mine to have controller ports hanging out the back made from extension cables so I can use different controllers.

Somewhat pissed I didn't see the NES bundle until it was too late, though
I would have only gotten it to resell it, sue me

---

Waiting on GS to put up pre-orders so I can just
unload all my credit into these

---

At least you're honest. I can respect that. We all need to make a buck somehow. I do not begrudge you that.

At least you're honest. I can respect that. We all need to make a buck somehow. I do not begrudge you that.

Yeah, I would expect reasonable people to see a difference in the one off who will buy a console or two to sell from the shady business that will buy hundreds, if not thousands, to resell en masse, but you never know.

No interest in owning NES, but I would like to keep an SNES. Never played any of those games; particularly interested in Super Metroid.

tesqui

image.php

Right you are, Mr. White.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue

---

Your Name on these forums seems to be quite apropos ;) I can't wish you well in your endeavor, but I respect your honesty. I hope we beat you to getting these, but all is fair in this warzone.

On topic, today/tomorrow are the days Wal-Mart reps claimed in those chat sessions they were supposed to begin preorders. Let's see what happens and let's see if other retailers do as well.

LosDaddie

Banned
My SNES Classic preorder update for today is that there's no update. Still processing.

Checked at 8am for my 2 preorders here in Orlando. Here's hoping 🤞

I fully believe the narrative that they accidentally put it up, but also think they backtracked on the response. Initially, they probably panicked and decided to cancel all the orders, but then stopped.

Agreed. I said basically the same last page or so. I do believe Walmart's preorders went live early, but at the end of the day, they're Walmart and Nintendo isn't going to force them to cancel anything. For Walmart, it's simply easier (and cheaper) to let these preorders remain.

Walmart could still be verifying their launch inventory to see how many preorders they can keep. But even if they don't have enough for all of them, Walmart could still keep the preorder and ship the rest after launch.

ErbilT

One of my friends texted me the link on Friday and I pulled over into an Arby's parking lot to secure my preorder. No cancellation, so I think I'm good.

Whish I could have got a NES Classic yesterday. Had it in my cart, but it sold as I was putting in my credit card info.

JJH

Our four pre-orders are still saying processing. We pre-ordered about 15 mins after the Walmart thread went up.

I started the Walmart thread and I'd imagine I had to have been one of the very first people to jump on a preorder.

My order still says processing and has not been cancelled. I'm thinking we're safe, guys.

Darklor01

One of my friends texted me the link on Friday and I pulled over into an Arby's parking lot to secure my preorder. No cancellation, so I think I'm good.

Whish I could have got a NES Classic yesterday. Had it in my cart, but it sold as I was putting in my credit card info.

So, the real question is, did you buy anything after at Arby's?

Gotta have dem curly fries to celebrate

DarkKyo

What is it supposed to say after processing? The next step is shipped and its obviously a bit early for that. My order is still processing so im wondering whats next, and when it will change.

Darklor01

What is it supposed to say after processing? The next step is shipped and its obviously a bit early for that. My order is still processing so im wondering whats next, and when it will change.

It will stay at processing until it is either cancelled, action is required regarding your account/payment information, or you are charged and the item ships. If you choose Store Pickup, I'm not sure if you are charged until you pick up at store, but otherwise, same thing.

dmann

Do you get an email from Walmart when they cancelled?

Just checked my preorder and it's still alive. Hope it sticks.

Morts

My Wal-Mart order has not been canceled yet. I'm fully expecting it to be cancelled in late September when they start shipping and realize they don't have enough.

Lucent

My Wal-Mart order has not been canceled yet. I'm fully expecting it to be cancelled in late September when they start shipping and realize they don't have enough.

Well I feel like they shouldn't cancel. Just backorder and send when they can. NES did periodically come back in.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yesterday or so, the pending charge was removed for 2 of the 3 orders, but there's still a hold on one more. Either way, all 3 orders are still processing for me.

It will make me so happy if Walmart comes through & I can get both of my friends one of these, especially my best friend since we have such childhood ties to the SNES.

Edit: & of course, mere minutes after typing this post, I got the email saying the order was cancelled.....

DFr4A4wXkAI5df4.jpg

shanafan

Just got the cancel e-mail from Wal-Mart. Paid for it with a credit card, so nothing unusual with payment options.

//ARCANUM

The dream is dead. From Walmart via my inbox:

"Thank you for your interest in the Super Nintendo Entertainment System – Classic Edition. As you are aware, this is a highly sought after console that will launch later this fall.

Unfortunately, due to a technical glitch, the Super Nintendo Classic Edition was mistakenly made available last Friday evening ahead of the official release date. We, regrettably, will have to cancel this item on your order. We know that this is incredibly disappointing to you, and we're truly sorry for this mistake.

In regards to the cancellation of this item, if you paid by credit card, your card has not been charged. Any authorization holds placed on your account will automatically expire in accordance with the card issuer's policy. If you paid through PayPal or with a gift card, your payment will be refunded when the order is cancelled.

The official launch date for this item is 9/29, please check the product page on Walmart.com prior to that date for any updates.

I do hope you'll give us another chance to earn back your business."

Both my orders are still listed as processing on the site (I had 2x orders of 1x each). And I received one of the emails.

Walmart: you suck.

Top Bottom