• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNES Classic Preorder Shitshow Discussion (Please Read Rules in OP)

Amazon shipped one of my orders.

Had another one set to ship today and delivery by 18, but I changed the address and it changed to delivery by Oct 24. So yeah changing address at this point can push your date farther.

jyoung188

GameStop shipped my bundle order! It'll be here on the 18th, so hyped.

I checked my local target here in Yuba City (NorCal) and they apparently had like 20 in yesterday.

Alex

Love seeing peeps local :)

I love in Roseville, work in Folsom - finding these rarer things are always a nightmare here - wouldnt think they would be, but there must be many more gamers here, than I thought.

We recently move to Folsom too.

We moved here in early August, always lived in WA. I like it, although the jokes about CA drivers ain't just jokes. I've already seen more accidents here than I ever have, lane changing is a competitive sport here and turn signals are seemingly a sign of weakness.

StAidan

I got mine at Target around 9PM last night. They got 20 of them in yesterday, just a handful left when I got there.

My Walmart order is now canceled, so thankful that I don't have to deal with the preorder any longer.

Zodzilla

No one around seems to have it. So angry at Walmart for their mismanagement of my 8/22 pre-order right now.

In the meanwhile, worried to even contact them about how furious I am in fear that they'll cancel it.

What a fucking mess that company is. Never again.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Mine moved up a couple of days to Tuesday. Still no explanation. Still no change in the weird order text. Still no communication from Bozos.

Walked into a Central NJ Target today, and they easily had 30+ of these things.

0lne9mR.jpg

Zodzilla

Walked into a Central NJ Target today, and they easily had 30+ of these things.

0lne9mR.jpg

Holy Moly! Thanks for putting this up. Went to Target here in DC/MD and they ended up getting their shipment today as well.

Was finally able to purchase one just now.

Eff you Walmart and your 8/22 preorder idiocy! It's like a weight off my back.

Best of luck to the rest of you who have preorders in and are waiting. It sucks man.

Yes, I think we're having better luck with the SNES mini than with the NES mini due to more availability of stock and because retailers maybe smartened up and learned to enforce an allowance of only 1 unit per person/household.

I remember reading horror stories about the NES mini in stores where people would be given out tickets and one of the first people in line would buy up like all 10 of them and turn out to be a scalper.

This thing was still difficult to try and get but it was still only a bad dream in comparison to the nightmare that getting a NES mini was.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
well of course Target gets a restock in my town the day that Amazon ships mine out. Oh well, at least this proves that Nintendo is indeed shipping more units out. Now I just hope the NES Mini restock next year is this good.

WAIT WTF

I just checked my door and two of my SNES Classics arrived from Amazon!

My last order still says on Wednesday

AMAZON YOU SLY SONS OF BITCHES. I still love you

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Nice to see some Amazon orders are coming through, as well as physical restocks.

Hopefully the restocks keep up the pace for a little while.

I'll note in advance that I already found one for myself at a store on launch day, so no tears need to be shed for me. But I was holding on to this preorder for a friend of mine who didn't, and I must say that I continue to be impressed with how good of a job Walmart.com has done here. Really, great work.

2oCpH3Y.png

Do we know what the maximum number of orders for this amazon.com ended up honoring/letting people keep? I know they initially reduced all orders with multiple units in the same order to 1, but beyond that I don't remember anyone saying they cancelled orders for people who ordered a bunch/ton of them in separate orders of 1 each.

Didn't a GAFer order like 68 of them from Amazon? Lol

Do we know what the maximum number of orders for this amazon.com ended up honoring/letting people keep? I know they initially reduced all orders with multiple units in the same order to 1, but beyond that I don't remember anyone saying they cancelled orders for people who ordered a bunch/ton of them in separate orders of 1 each.

Yeah, I had two orders on one account that both arrived today, but they were on separate orders. IRRC some were initially reporting cancellations for multiple separate orders per account, not sure if mine flew under the radar since I only had two.

Yeah, I had two orders on one account that both arrived today, but they were on separate orders. IRRC some were initially reporting cancellations for multiple separate orders per account, not sure if mine flew under the radar since I only had two.

I have three on the same account and none were cancelled. Two have shipped already. So two orders is definitely not the maximum that they honored, and I doubt 3 is either. Just wondering how greedy one could have been and still got away with it :p

Zonic

Gives all the fucks

I had two orders, one SNES each for me & my friend, & Amazon honored both, combining both orders into a single shipment.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I got an email from Walmart today about my Aug. 22nd order, stating that my credit card was having issues and if I don't fix it in 24 hours, it's getting canceled.

I login, check my order--I can't even change my credit card. Everything is fine. No issues whatsoever.

I think they just want to cancel and are being deceitful in the way they are going about it.

Went to a 2nd Target and saw 11 left. I really suggest that if you want one today, go to your nearest Target. Looking it up on their site and all my local locations have Limited Quantities. Didn't get a 2nd unit, but really wanted to see if the amount at my original store was an outlier.

PSFan

Came up empty handed at Target yesterday but they did indeed have them today, so I grabbed one. Not bad for Friday the 13th lol.

Mine from Amazon just arrived adding to the shitshow more or less...

Was shipped in a sleeve packaging like you'd see for a game, not a hard box.

Packaging for the snes was completely fucked so I gave my pals at Amazon a phone call. They said they can't replace the unit given demand so I was just refunded 100% and told to keep it.

Luckily I didn't buy this to shove it on a shelf, so I'm happy more or less. I've been on Amazon for 8 years as a prime member and never returned or refunded anything so I'm sure that helped my case.

Hopefully everyone else gets there's properly packaged (or not if you just want to play the thing and get a nice credit).

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Updated my order to say it shipped and will arrive Monday. Which is a day earlier than they said but apparently shantosh forgot he promised me one day delivery. And the order still has that weird "digital" wording. Poor show all around Amazon and still no clear explanation.

Peagles

Updated my order to say it shipped and will arrive Monday. Which is a day earlier than they said but apparently shantosh forgot he promised me one day delivery. And the order still has that weird "digital" wording. Poor show all around Amazon and still no clear explanation.

Yeh that wording is strange.

What’s even stranger is that around the end of August when we first got the delay email, the wording on mine changed to something normal, but later changed back!

Just got charged though, yay!

jrock

I got an email from Walmart today about my Aug. 22nd order, stating that my credit card was having issues and if I don't fix it in 24 hours, it's getting canceled.

I login, check my order--I can't even change my credit card. Everything is fine. No issues whatsoever.

I think they just want to cancel and are being deceitful in the way they are going about it.

I got the same email today. Card I used is fine and has available funds beyond the $86 charge(s) already pending for the last 2 months or so.
Shady AF.

Top Bottom