• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNES Classic Preorder Shitshow Discussion (Please Read Rules in OP)

Regarding preorders with Amazon, I would definitely start bugging customer service a day or two before release if a game hasn't shipped yet, since they may still be able to get it to you on time that way and my impression is their customer service is excellent while their preorder reliability isn't. I hope that helps.

Man their customer service has gone to shit too. I did exactly what you said when BOTW came out. My Master edition was never cancelled, but it was not shipping I called and everything.

Amazon ended up charging me the full amount, not shipping it and refunding me one week later. Everyone else got $10 buck for their cancellation I had the privilege to pay them for nothing. I am only pre-ordering with them because of the no charge thing because I can't afford a charge now.

In the past, they would give out a free month or make up some way.

Lol 69 pre orders
I remember I had two amiibos on two different accounts for my bro and I and we both got cancelled
Oh Amazon

Also remember people having 1 order of the zelda master edition and it got canceled

So inconsistent

Frayed

Banned
May I kindly ask the reasoning behind ordering so many consoles? I'm guessing you're trying to ensure the console don't go to scalpers, but just curious. (And eagerly in line for one of your consoles.) Thanks.

to combat scalpers as well as surprise strangers/friends when thye mention missing out.

Look at his post history and then ask yourself if he's an altruistic soul or a trolling flipper.

I'd be hesitant because he's a junior member but if he does ask for money, pay with fees
DONT PAY WITH FRIENDS AND FAMILY , YOU CANT GET YOUR MONEY BACK
Pay the extra $2 to ensure you get your money back if the deal falls through/ gets cancelled

By posting that pic / orders you'll see someone that lurks neogaf post it or complain to Amazon, this site gets lots of views

kingbean

Currently have 68 extra consoles, I will be helping people who missed out on a FCFS basis, and yes I will be helping them for retail, not scalper price.

Please Kind soul. I beg you for help lol.

I even sold my real snes and games in hopes of getting one when I had to down size. Now I've got a lack of megaman x in my life. I want him back :p

Currently have 68 extra consoles, I will be helping people who missed out on a FCFS basis, and yes I will be helping them for retail, not scalper price.

a quote worthy of being in this ad

7ZvaFEM.jpg

maxcriden

Look at his post history and then ask yourself if he's an altruistic soul or a trolling flipper.

It's difficult to do so on mobile. I can't tell which conclusion you're indicating is the case. The few posts I found weren't indicative of anything bad.

to combat scalpers as well as surprise strangers/friends when thye mention missing out.

Thank you so much for doing so. Hopefully I was one of those first 68 to PM you.

FTF

lol wow at Amazon not having a limit and that 69 unit order. It's nice that potentially 60+ gaf members are going to get one for list though.

R-User!

I will start replying to PMs once I am sure Amazon isn't cancelling these. Don't want to get people's hope up too early.

In the meantime folks should double down on their alt-tab>F5ing skills throughout today to raise their chances of scoring one from a retailer direct and in case all 68 of your extras get reduced to 1 per order; which you'd then have what 4 or 5 units total?

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.

Hook me up.

kingbean

I'm going to get caught refreshing pages on my phone at work.

Thank god I have a boring desk job that only requires constant output to keep the workflow going...

:/

jrcbandit

Amazon has reduced multiple orders to 1 before, although I think having multiple 1 console orders might be safe. So that 60+ could be reduced to 5 or however many orders it was.

Top Bottom