• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNES Mini Classic Thread | No preorder or shipping discussion here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Persona7

Banned
I don't have a pre-order (US) and I get off of work at 7am Friday morning. It's a 45 minute drive to BB/Gamestop and about 50 minutes to TRU. Which retailer do you think I'd have the best chance of grabbing one by waiting in line for 2 hours? They open at 10am.

Best Buy or TRU. Gamestop gets very few units per store of anything. Often times each store receives the number pre-ordered or even less.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
My continued checking of my Amazon preorder is now firmly in the unhealthy territory. I don’t even care that much about the object, now the order status is what I care about.

So it's 720p again. Damn Nintendo, do you know what year this is? This dampens my enthusiasm quite a bit.

That seems rational though. It’ll give you a 1:1 pixel ratio on most displays, and is a lot less wonky than a custom resolution. Not sure why I’d need 1080p or 4K UI either.

cordy

Banned
Amazon doesn't get their orders ready until 1-2 days before the product officially drops so all that checking people are doing won't matter until tomorrow at the earliest. Hell even 1 day most cases from what I've seen with my orders. Whenever I do release day shipping they always get my order ready a day before.

jmizzal

Gamestop in store wont sell my preorder right?

I want to go pick it up on my lunch break at work and not in the morning

They better keep mine in the back

Anyone else have their Amazon order upgraded from 2-day to 1-day shipping? Just noticed this upon checking my order status and I did not change it myself. I did contact Amazon CS earlier today to ask whether or not the order would be going out on time, so maybe the rep took it upon themselves to upgrade it without notifying me. Either that, or like cordy talked about, this allows Amazon to get orders ready on the 28th for arrival on the 29th.

mrkgoo

Superior US package only.

It's a usb cable that connects to an ac adapter which is included in the US

Just USB I believe. You can get a USB plug if you need to plug it into an outlet.

Wait, the US version ships with the adapter?

Yeah it was the US one I was reading. Stink, I would've liked an adaptor haha. oh well.

Does the Wii U power the USB ports even when off? Like can I plug this into my WiiU?

Cynn

My continued checking of my Amazon preorder is now firmly in the unhealthy territory. I don’t even care that much about the object, now the order status is what I care about.

That seems rational though. It’ll give you a 1:1 pixel ratio on most displays, and is a lot less wonky than a custom resolution. Not sure why I’d need 1080p or 4K UI either.

Because sending a non-native signal to many modern screens kicks in scaling and input lag.

Not to sound bitchy, but do you know how many of those damn USB adapters I have lying around? I don't need anymore, especially on something I'm probably just going to plug into the TV... Well, seeing as I don't have a preorder, there's a good chance I don't end up with one anyway, so I guess it's a moot point.

Anyone else have their Amazon order upgraded from 2-day to 1-day shipping? Just noticed this upon checking my order status and I did not change it myself. I did contact Amazon CS earlier today to ask whether or not the order would be going out on time, so maybe the rep took it upon themselves to upgrade it without notifying me. Either that, or like cordy talked about, this allows Amazon to get orders ready on the 28th for arrival on the 29th.
Still Two-Day Shipping here. The CS rep probably changed yours.

btrboyev

Has anyone who got there’s or anyone online test to see if the nes classic hack works? Nintendo would be foolish to make that USB port able to carry data again.

ASaiyan

Banned
So, what are the odds I could walk into a store on Friday morning and get one? I have a Walmart online preorder, but I would rather cancel it and get one in-store somewhere day one. But I'm nervous that if I do so I'll miss out and get nothing, lol.

btrboyev

So, what are the odds I could walk into a store on Friday morning and get one? I have a Walmart online preorder, but I would rather cancel it and get one in-store somewhere day one. But I'm nervous that if I do so I'll miss out and get nothing, lol.

Should be easy, but don’t cancel your preorder until you have one in your hands.

My amazon UK order went from global standard to global expedited

cordy

Banned
People who have a US Amazon preorder...

anybody's date still say "not yet shipped" with no date? I was one of the first who preordered early in the morning when that weird link came up but it's got no date on it so I wonder.

styl3s

People who have a US Amazon preorder...

anybody's date still say "not yet shipped" with no date? I was one of the first who preordered early in the morning when that weird link came up but it's got no date on it so I wonder.
Everything i order from amazon ships 1 day before release (with release day shipping) because i live in TN and between Georgia, Kentucky and where i live there are like 30 amazon warhouses. If mine ships in the first batch "crosses fingers" i won't get billed till the 28th most likely.

Boo, no budging on my orders at all...

Think the wireless Hori controller is worth buying? Can it be used for anything else (e.g., PC)?

cordy

Banned
Everything i order from amazon ships 1 day before release (with release day shipping) because i live in TN and between Georgia, Kentucky and where i live there are like 30 amazon warhouses. If mine ships in the first batch "crosses fingers" i won't get billed till the 28th most likely.

Yeah the same for mine. I was just confused about there being no date yet but it makes sense.

Iced Arcade

I live in a small Canadian city and a friend of mine said they got a crazy amount in stock so I shouldn't worry about being there to early.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom