• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Snipperclips |OT| Make Friendshapes Anywhere, Anytime, with Anyone

TheMoon

snipotemk9q.jpg

Developed by: SFB Games (with support from NST)
Published by: Nintendo
Platform: Nintendo Switch
Release Date: March 3, 2017 (eShop-only)
Genre: Geometry Puzzler
Players: 1-4 Players (Co-op / competitive)
Multiplayer: Local only
Handheld Mode: Yes (in singleplayer)
Tabletop Mode: Yes
HD Rumble: no
amiibo support: none
Demo available; Yes
Supported controllers: up to 4 Joy-Con (No Pro Controller support)
Languages: Japanese, English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Dutch
eShop version file size: 994.05 MB (EU) | 948MB (JP)
EU eShop: https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Ni...nipperclips-Cut-it-out-together--1173331.html (19.99EUR/17.99GBP)
NA eShop: http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/snipperclips-switch/ (19.99USD)
JP eShop: https://www.nintendo.co.jp/switch/baawa/index.html (1,667Yen)

snipmodesc1jhj.png

World Mode (1-2 players)
Co-op or singleplayer story mode. Reunite Snip and Clip with their children and do wacky shapes by cutting each other.

Party Mode (2-4 players) | Trailer
Cooperative mode expanding on puzzles from World Mode. Up to four players can play.

Blitz Mode (2-4 players) | Trailer
Competitive mode: Score hoops, get the puck into the goal or have a 1v1 face off where you try to cut each other up as fast as possible

CI_NSwitchDS_SnipperClips_AlleyHoop_GIF1.gif

CI_NSwitchDS_SnipperClips__AlleyHoop_GIF2.gif

DjRalford

My daughter actually spotted this game originally and was amazed by it, shame we have to wait until the 10th for the Joycon bundle to be delivered, but it'll be worth it.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
I'm getting it with 2 joy-cons for 84€ on Fnac.com.

That's good value, it seems fantastic.

Fireblend

Banned
I really want to know how long this game is, as in amount of stages. I really hope it has a ton of them.

Instapurchase regardless, this looks like a ton of fun.

RobotHaus

Unconfirmed Member
Already got the digital copy from Amazon, code delivered tonight. Gonna be some fun with the girlfriend and the 4 player mode looks like a blast.

ryanofcall

Is it local or wireless local with 2 systems, too?
I can see it being a bit messy when playing in tabletop mode with four people.
Will get it either way though :)

Lan Dong Mik

And why would I want them?
The OT I've been waiting for! Awesome job btw.

Would love some solid gaf impressions since there are no reviews. I'm probably going to get it regardless but I've heard nothing but good things.

Plum

If I can get online tomorrow I'm definitely buying this ASAP. Looks like such a better choice than 1-2-Switch in terms of a launch portable local MP showcase.

Great OP title by the way, cracked a grin when I saw it.

Plum

Still curious how the single player is going to work but I'm totally buying this tomorrow.

It works like Trine or Pikmin 2/3 in that you swap between the two characters on the fly. The actual content of the puzzles don't seem to change at all seeing as the concept kind of makes that impossible.

It works like Trine or Pikmin 2/3 in that you swap between the two characters on the fly. The actual content of the puzzles don't seem to change at all seeing as the concept kind of makes that impossible.

Ah gotcha, seems kinda clunky then. Oh well, I'll just have to play this with the wife!

Ah gotcha, seems kinda clunky then. Oh well, I'll just have to play this with the wife!
Developers talk about single player mode
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...ith_nintendo_to_create_a_switch_co-op_classic

As this game can also be played in single player, can you talk about how this is implemented?

Adam: You can push a button to swap between the two characters at any time. We added a few subtle features which make this experience work quite well. At SFB Games, we obviously needed to play single player a lot during development, so we're very used to it! The game is still a lot of fun by yourself. Some might say it's harder since you have to manage both characters, but I could argue that it's easier, since there's no-one around to contest your puzzle-solving ideas!

It will be a few weeks before I have a co-op partner available for this, but I'd be curious to hear about replayability. The developers did encourage playing it through with multiple partners to arrive at multiple possible solutions, and in that vein, I wonder if a two-player experience in the two-character mode would still be fresh if you've already seen the puzzles solo.

Top Bottom