• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Snipperclips |OT| Make Friendshapes Anywhere, Anytime, with Anyone

TheMoon

Can this be played Single player at all? And if so, is it any good compared to the multiplayer?

we're barely on page two, the OP has barely any text in it except the parts that tell you that there is single player, among very few other things.

edit: ofc this post is now on page 3 :D

NeonDelta

Played the demo and I really want it now, can you not use the pro controller? It Wouldn't let me start the game using it

Bionic

The game literally has you manipulating on screen characters in the shape of the joycons. Why would you play with a controller shaped nothing like them?
I agree! I only play games using controllers shaped like on screen characters. For example:

aLw33Rh.jpg

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
This freaking game. Lilith and I just played it while watching Star Trek TNG. switch on the table and each a joy-con.

Such an amazing little gem.

funo

I will admit something...
I had no hopes whatsoever for this game but Hot Dann after playing the demo I was totally hooked and immediately bought the full game.
It is so much fun in Coop, wow. It even got my non-gaming wife hooked and into the console

Mael

I was wondering where was the OT!

Bought it during lunch break today.
I can't play Zelda yet and so far no regrets thanks to this little gem.
Seriously haven't had fun like that in a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time.
Fantastic, so much anyone should play it.

Bought this on Amazon, will install tonight on Switch. Watching the videos it's pretty clear they used some Animal Crossing, cut music, some of those sounds and music effects are straight out of Animal Crossing.
I've never played any Animal Crossing but the music is by Calum Bowen. I guess the sound effects could be provided by Nintendo. SFB, the developers, are from London.

ckfy63a

Just played through the demo; great and charming little game, and I really like how the inevitable dialogue between the players to solve the puzzles fits in with Nintendo's trying to promote games that enhance player connectivity.

Okada

Me and my 5 year old had a great time with this today. We got to world 2 and had so much fun doing it.

I hope there's plenty more levels to come.

devonodev

Forget Mario Party, this is the new game to ruin friendships. It's so fun, particularly on 2 player Puzzle mode. Single player isn't great though, I definitely recommend play with a friend.

BraXzy

Played this with my girlfriend today after some 1-2-Switch. It's really fun so far, the perfect little couch co-op game. The price point seems about right for it.. happy with it so far!

I didn't realise it had more than 2 player modes either so that'll be sweet when I get more Joy-Cons.

alexbull_uk

Really loving it so far. Managed to get it for £15 which seems like the perfect price point. Definitely worth a try for anyone on the fence.

arimanius

My daughter who is 6 is enjoying this. She likes the cute characters and the cutting. Really surprised by this game. Lots of fun.

RoKKeR

Maybe I'm missing something but where do you find the demo for this? Want to give it a shot with my sister...Good to see people have had success with kids playing in here.

Clearos

Love this game. Zelda is stuck in amazon hell but now i dont care. I actually got my wife to play a game with me and she enjoyed it.

Excited to try the 4 player soon.

Nialrot

Been playing this with my wife, super super fun game! =)

I'm with you friend.

Had it setup with the kickstand out in the living room with the tv playing the bball game in the background.

Wife and I were almost in tears due to some of the cuts we had to make.

Well worth the $20 and the portability of the Switch is so awesome.

How is this game from a single player only perspective? You think its worth the $$ if you are only going to play by yourself?
Obviously the multiplayer is super fun and how the game is meant to be played, but all the levels are the same regardless if you're playing single or two player and the levels are all good so it really depends on how much you like puzzle games!

Played it with my wife and a friend while waiting for our pizza at a pizza place, like something out of a dang Switch commercial. Table top mod is aces for this one.

Skyzard

Banned
Watched it on the GiantBomb stream and thought it was a great game to have for switch. Looks like a lot of fun with the right person.

I'm curious if it has a lot of levels or if people think it will be over quite quickly?

jett

D-Member
Watching Easy Allies streaming it right now and this game is absolute genius. It's a party killer app for sure.

BiggNife

This game is wonderful. I brought my switch to a friend's place to play Bomberman and we ended up playing more of this instead. It's a super good party game.

I just wish you could use pro controllers in 3/4 player modes. It's kind of silly that you can't.

Crazyorloco

Me and my 5 year old had a great time with this today. We got to world 2 and had so much fun doing it.

I hope there's plenty more levels to come.

My daughter who is 6 is enjoying this. She likes the cute characters and the cutting. Really surprised by this game. Lots of fun.

Nice. My daughter is 5, we're going to play this together tomorrow. I can't wait.

Me and the wife and laying in bed trying to get a basketball in a hoop instead of fucking.

You win Nintendo.

Lmao

Haines

Banned
My wife said she doesn't want to pay 20 bucks for us to fight.

We might have been snipping each other a lot by mistake lol

Memles

Will be taking this to a larger social gathering tomorrow night, but had a lot of fun in co-op with a neighbor tonight—it's simple enough that a non-gamer could play it, but he and I (not non-gamers) still relied on a lot of trial and error, and I really appreciated the collaborative dynamics required to piece things together.

Looking forward to trying out the four-player modes.

Rokal

This is easily better than 1, 2, Switch and Bomberman, and at a fraction of the cost. Super glad a multiplayer game that is this fun is part of the launch lineup.

deejay

Going to try this later tonight. Got a voucher for this with the extra Joycon controller I ordered, which was pretty sweet because I didn't even knew they would include it in the first place.

ZServ

If you're on the fence about this one, don't forget that there's a demo on the e-shop. I intended my co-op purchase to be Fast RMX, but that demo was dope. So my roommate bought Snipperclips, and I got Shovel Knight when I found out it had co-op. TONS of couch fun to be had with Switch day 1.

Haines

Banned
I bet Nintendo felt smart holding this game in there back pocket for launch.

Is there any idea on game length yet

duckroll

Cleared the first world earlier before going back to Zelda. This game is amazing fun as long as you have someone to play it with. Fantastic co-op experience and a way better introduction to what the Switch can offer as a instant pick up and play co-op portable machine anywhere anytime. Soooo fun.

Top Bottom