• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Snipperclips |OT| Make Friendshapes Anywhere, Anytime, with Anyone

Skyzard

Banned
I hope there are a lot of levels for this, from watching it looks like it would be so fun with another chill person.

But I don't want to really enjoy it and then we have to wait for DLC to add a handful of levels or something as I'm not sure about replaying the same levels again.

Would be good to know how many levels there are for 2 players.

Ideally they'd release a level editor and let you download their top selections or something like that. Though that may be asking too much... But if it's got like 100 levels I'd be good with that.

maxcriden

I hope there are a lot of levels for this, from watching it looks like it would be so fun with another chill person.

But I don't want to really enjoy it and then we have to wait for DLC to add a handful of levels or something as I'm not sure about replaying the same levels again.

Would be good to know how many levels there are for 2 players.

Ideally they'd release a level editor and let you download their top selections or something like that. Though that may be asking too much... But if it's got like 100 levels I'd be good with that.
From the last page, it appears there are
45 main levels and additional content to then unlock in party mode.

Skyzard

Banned
From the last page, it appears there are
45 main levels and additional content to then unlock in party mode.

Oh thanks, I must have missed that.
That seems okay, maybe a little short. Seems like fun to be had now for launch owners at least. Hopefully takes a while to get through.

maxcriden

Oh thanks, I must have missed that.
That seems okay, maybe a little short. Seems like fun to be had now for launch owners at least. Hopefully takes a while to get through.

My pleasure! If you PM C00kie M0nster they should be able to give you an idea of how long that takes. I'm interested to check it out also.

Phatmac

‪Playing this game with my dad and my switch purchase is justified. We're having so much fun! Best gaming experience ever.‬ He rarely plays games, so it has been a revelation for him!

Skyzard

Banned
My pleasure! If you PM C00kie M0nster they should be able to give you an idea of how long that takes. I'm interested to check it out also.

On second thought a completion estimate would vary wildly I think.
45 isn't a bad number especially for the price. But I do hope they add more to it as
it looks like one of those special games you can share your hobby with someone you like and have a good time. And if it finishes too soon...they aren't going to be prepared for Mario Kart etc ;)

‪Playing this game with my dad and my switch purchase is justified. We're having so much fun! Best gaming experience ever.‬ He rarely plays games, so it has been a revelation for him!

That's pretty cool to hear. I don't think my dad would go for it but others in my family would I think.

Phatmac

On second thought a completion estimate would vary wildly I think.
45 isn't a bad number especially for the price. But I do hope they add more to it as
it looks like one of those special games you can share your hobby with someone you like and have a good time. And if it finishes too soon...they aren't going to be prepared for Mario Kart etc ;)

That's pretty cool to hear. I don't think my dad would go for it but others in my family would I think.
Yeah he's pretty goofy so it's been working great. We keep yelling at each other and high fiving whenever we beat a tough level.

My fiance and I beat it in two sittings actually (roughly 3 to 3.5 hours of total playtime). I personally thought we unintentionally cheesed our way through a lot of the levels (especially the final level) but it was a great experience.

I was surprised when the credits rolled but was happy to find out that
10 or so party levels were added
. I'm hoping that when we complete all the party levels, we unlock more blitz levels but we'll see.

wiibomb

oh that amount is much more than I thought, nice to know there are a lot more than the 15 I initially saw on stream.

and there is also the 2-4 player mode which could accommodate another 2 player session if needed

PikkonX

This game is great for those whose significant others don't play games. For the first time ever, I got my gf to pick up a controller and enjoy it. Her friend told her she'll probably enjoy Overcooked too. I'd never heard of it, but can't wait for it to drop on Switch.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
I'm shocked this game receives little attention. It's the second game to buy on the Switch after Zelda. I had a ton of fun with the demo and went ahead and bought the full game.

Crazyorloco

This game is my second favorite game on the switch.

My sisters and my daughter had a blast and were laughing all night with this. It's creative and fun. We also played just dance which is also good with groups.

The Switch is the party system in my home right now.

When everyone leaves, I play Zelda.

JavyOO7

Incredible game. Apparently I never got the 20 percent off from the BOTW amiibos I got from Amazon so they refunded me the 20 percent last night. Used it to get this game this morning... its incredible. I'll give it an 'A' so far.

Oof, I was expecting 80-100 levels. The Canadian price is $28.19, so that's a bit steep for something that can be cleared in 3 hours or so. I may reserve that cash for Blaster Master and Snake Pass instead. :/

jariw

Oof, I was expecting 80-100 levels. The Canadian price is $28.19, so that's a bit steep for something that can be cleared in 3 hours or so. I may reserve that cash for Blaster Master and Snake Pass instead. :/

If you have many different people to play with, those levels can extend quite a lot. It's very different to co-op with different players.

I just 100% the game. It took us around 4.5 hours in total. Again, solving puzzles and the time it takes will vary from person to person. My fiance and I are pretty avid gamers which is why it didn't take too long. As far as unlockables go for beating the main game and all the party levels
including the unlockable party levels, you don't get anything else

It's still fun but now that I know how to beat every puzzle, the replayability lies in playing with a new person and the surprisingly fun blitz levels.

Seik

Banned
I played the demo with my GF yesterday and she had fun and laughed all the way.

She wants me to buy it...I'm impressed, it's the first game I tried to make her play that she liked like that, she usually never play games or give a shit about them, haha!

Is there a lot of levels and content? Will probably end up buying it next time she comes here.

maxcriden

My fiance and I beat it in two sittings actually (roughly 3 to 3.5 hours of total playtime). I personally thought we unintentionally cheesed our way through a lot of the levels (especially the final level) but it was a great experience.

I was surprised when the credits rolled but was happy to find out that
10 or so party levels were added
. I'm hoping that when we complete all the party levels, we unlock more blitz levels but we'll see.

I just 100% the game. It took us around 4.5 hours in total. Again, solving puzzles and the time it takes will vary from person to person. My fiance and I are pretty avid gamers which is why it didn't take too long. As far as unlockables go for beating the main game and all the party levels
including the unlockable party levels, you don't get anything else

It's still fun but now that I know how to beat every puzzle, the replayability lies in playing with a new person and the surprisingly fun blitz levels.

Thanks for the info! That is good to know and it sounds like you had a great time with it.

I played the demo with my GF yesterday and she had fun and laughed all the way.

She wants me to buy it...I'm impressed, it's the first game I tried to make her play that she liked like that, she usually never play games or give a shit about them, haha!

Is there a lot of levels and content? Will probably end up buying it next time she comes here.

See the posts on this page. ^^
45 + 10 bonus levels.
How long it takes will vary significantly person to person, though.

Captain Failure

Neo Member
Played this with my dad a restaurant while waiting on food. Was tons of fun and I think it will become a regular thing for us to bond over.

Marcoos

I watched videos of this before launch and didn't really get it.

Downloaded the demo tonight and me and my girlfriend just played through it. What a brilliant game, we both loved it. We both really got into it and didn't come to blows!

I will definitely be getting the full version tomorrow!

octopiggy

Just beat all the last level in World with the gf but need to go back and finish one level that has us stumped.

Just checked all our completed levels and noticed some have pink ticks and some yellow. What is that? Just who selected the level?

bibs

Want to echo the comments prior about this being a seriously amazing game. Glad Nintendo picked it up and pushed it as a launch title really shows off the potential of the switch well. Zelda, Snipperclips and FAST RMX are 3 amazing titles that have kept me occupied since the Switch launch

Just beat all the last level in World with the gf but need to go back and finish one level that has us stumped.

Just checked all our completed levels and noticed some have pink ticks and some yellow. What is that? Just who selected the level?

On my save, the same two boxes are ticked a different color in each world so I just assumed it was by design. No idea why though.

duckroll

Finished off the co-op stages today. Turned out we only had 3 left since Silly Science was the last world. I was hoping for 5 worlds or so. Oh well.

But then we tried out the Party mode and the VS modes. Wow. There's still quite a but of content to enjoy. The VS mode is surprisingly fun for something that's clearly kinda throwaway and meant to be a time waste played for lulz. I'm glad it exists. The Party stages though, are basically another 21 new stages, just meant for 4 avatars instead of 2, and they support 2-4 players. Good stuff.

Hope the game sells well and they are motivated to add new worlds to it!

ElfArmy177

I'm confused, I see no option to enable 4 player mode, I have all 4 joycons enabled and paired.. what am I doing wrong

I'm confused, I see no option to enable 4 player mode, I have all 4 joycons enabled and paired.. what am I doing wrong
You don't enable it as such, there are even options that state they're for 2-4 players.

You literally can't miss the option as you proceed with starting a level.

I think you have to do the First World to unlock it?

Top Bottom