• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Snipperclips |OT| Make Friendshapes Anywhere, Anytime, with Anyone

mstevens

I hope they add more levels to it, this is one of the best couch coop games ever

Seriously. I hope it does well. My girlfriend is a verrry casual gamer (she mostly plays pokemon, professor layton and picross on my 3ds) but she keeps asking me to play this. She said it's her favorite game ever.

If you're on the fence about this game, get it! One of the best couch co op game experiences I've had since I was a kid.

Farmboy

Had an absolute blast playing this with three (semi-casual) friends the other night.

For anyone looking for a fun, beer-fueled party game experience on the switch: I honestly feel Snipperclips Party Mode is currently your best bet. It's not really different from the main game, but the four player aspect makes it extra fun and the puzzles are challenging enough to keep you entertained for hours.

It's filled the Nintendo Land-shaped hole in the line up for me, better than 1-2-Switch or Bomberman. Won't last forever due to the limited number of stages, but it's hilarious while it lasts.

Pried myself off Zelda for a few hours and played the first 10 levels with my little brother. Theres a real satisfaction in completing the harder levels.

I really hope it does well. Its a fantastic game and I was smiling the whole time.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
If you remove the co op half of this, how does it stack up to something like Pushmo or Box Boy? Not as worth it if you'll don't think you'll ever play with two people?

When I showed this to the guys last week I didn't expect it to catch on so fast

OgEvz4E.jpg

I'm loving Zelda but man I'm glad I bought Snipperclips

DavidDesu

About to buy this game tomorrow for a fun drinking night in with the girlfriend... the demo was cool and definitely got me on board with this, I'm just wondering roughly how much longevity it has. How long does it take to fire through the levels. Is this an hour and you're done kind of game or is there more to it than that? I'm just dubious about the price (£18 in U.K.) and might not buy if all the content is exhausted really quickly..

duckroll

About to buy this game tomorrow for a fun drinking night in with the girlfriend... the demo was cool and definitely got me on board with this, I'm just wondering roughly how much longevity it has. How long does it take to fire through the levels. Is this an hour and you're done kind of game or is there more to it than that? I'm just dubious about the price (£18 in U.K.) and might not buy if all the content is exhausted really quickly..

There are 3 two player worlds of 15 stages each. You also unlock a total of 21 bonus stages that support 2-4 players (stages with 4 clips so two players control two each with swapping, and four players control one each). There are also 3 versus type modes for two players. One is basketball, one is ice hockey, and the last one is dueling where you literally try to cut each other to death.

I would say the length of the game for finishing everything is about 4-6 hours depending on what you get stuck at and how much random messing around you do.

DavidDesu

There are 3 two player worlds of 15 stages each. You also unlock a total of 21 bonus stages that support 2-4 players (stages with 4 clips so two players control two each with swapping, and four players control one each). There are also 3 versus type modes for two players. One is basketball, one is ice hockey, and the last one is dueling where you literally try to cut each other to death.

I would say the length of the game for finishing everything is about 4-6 hours depending on what you get stuck at and how much random messing around you do.

Thanks for the info. Sounds good! Was worried it was a handful of levels and over too quickly! Sounds substantial.

duckroll

If you remove the co op half of this, how does it stack up to something like Pushmo or Box Boy? Not as worth it if you'll don't think you'll ever play with two people?

This isn't a game designed to be played single player. Single player works as a compromise, so it's possible to do it that way, but not ideal. Co-op isn't just an option in this game, it's how the game was made to be played.

me0wish

It took me around an hour and a half to finish most of the levels alone. Finished most of the coop levels in around 45 minutes, so overall I'd say the game is around 3 hours max.

For 20$, I was expecting it to last more, I think it should of been a 10$ game. Everything in the game is top quality though, and I really enjoyed my time with it, still, I'd recommend waiting for a discount.

kyle-777-

My gf is really casual and does not play a lot of games, she even struggles with 3D games because she can't understand how to move. However this weekend we finished the 2 players mode and she was really disapointed because it did not have more challenges. I would legitimately pay for more levels, 2 days playing for not so long seats and the game was over.

Really hope the game sales are good and Nintendo realease more worlds.

BDGAME

Finally I play that game on my friend's switch. What a fun puzzle game it is.

That game sells well the idea of the native multiplayer of the Switch too.

But I can't seeing myself playing it alone. It is a game made for multiplayer. A amazing game to play with friends or family.

RatCupcake

Neo Member
Only played about half of this so far but it's really nice to play with friends and family. It's a neat little game, but I've heard a lot of people say that it's really short. Hopefully Nintendo will bring out more levels.

NuKERxyz

I would happily pay for dlc of this game, it's one of the best games in the launch window of any console I bought and it's great on switch cause we didn't even need to buy a second controller for it. Perfect game for this console.

Only played about half of this so far but it's really nice to play with friends and family. It's a neat little game, but I've heard a lot of people say that it's really short. Hopefully Nintendo will bring out more levels.
Don't worry about the length until you reach the end yourself. Just enjoy it.

MGrant

Code:
[img]https://scontent-tpe1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/18620610_10208398365466652_6953921438941967468_o.jpg?oh=f808cf4976df4fc8b6bae689b400557a&oe=599C00C3[/img]

Bullshit.
The roommate and I eventually got it, but this one was so picky.

Necro900

Has anyone experienced choppiness during gameplay? I've tried the demo today and there's a quite noticeable stutter when moving about on screen. It's immediately apparent even during the tutorial.. Is this just a demo issue?
This occurs in both portable and docked mode, and both after a fresh start of the console and after playing something else.

TheMoon

Has anyone experienced choppiness during gameplay? I've tried the demo today and there's a quite noticeable stutter when moving about on screen. It's immediately apparent even during the tutorial.. Is this just a demo issue?
This occurs in both portable and docked mode, and both after a fresh start of the console and after playing something else.

CHOPPINESS

HA

HA

I SEE

WAT U DID

(I had nothing like that in the demo)

Sorry for the necro bump but I didn't want to make a thread for this. I've noticed that some of the levels have heavy frame drops, only the goop ones I think. Has anyone else noticed this? Also, this is normally running at 1080p60, right?
It's built in Unity so yes: frame drops, and I doubt 1080p60

Platy

Can anyone tell me if an extra pair of joycons is needed to play this in 2-player? Or does each player use one joy-con?

Also, it is good to remember that somehow this game ONLY supports joycons.

No pro controller support, which is really weird

Platy

If they release the back cover maybe we can see if they will implement pro controller support on the expansion....

-shadow-

Kind of annoyed they're only now doing physical since I brought the game at launch, but oh well. Will get it regardless. Loving the packaging!

Top Bottom