• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Snipperclips |OT| Make Friendshapes Anywhere, Anytime, with Anyone

weekev

Banned
Echo what everyone else is saying, this is an excellent fun little gem of a game. Seriously if you aren't living on your own at least try the demo.

Haines

Banned
I was surprised the game didn't use motion to tilt the characters.

Am I dumb for expecting that? Would it be a a horrible experience?

Rezbit

Cleared the first world earlier before going back to Zelda. This game is amazing fun as long as you have someone to play it with. Fantastic co-op experience and a way better introduction to what the Switch can offer as a instant pick up and play co-op portable machine anywhere anytime. Soooo fun.

Yep, my partner and I are really enjoying it. I love how it requires so much team work and communication between the two players.

Protip: do not tell your significant other "come on use your head"

Oh god, I've gotten close to saying stuff that bad when playing Overcooked, but if I said that out of frustration I'd probably fear for my life the second afterward. My girlfriend isn't great at video games but she always has fun and is always really fun to play with, but especially in timed scenarios it can get frustrating once in a while. That's why I'm really looking forward to sitting down with her to play Snipperclips. It seems so much more in her wheelhouse because we're both creative types, so I can see her getting the hang of it instantly. Also I think it'll open the door for more co-op puzzle games like Portal 2.

Vitacat

I did not get this game at all when I watched the trailers.

Then I got the demo on my Switch earlier today, and it's fun as heck. Now I get it!

Gonna try 2 players with my wife tomorrow, and if that goes well, I'll probably pick up the full version.

Theswweet

I picked this up along with Blaster Master Zero (JP eShop), the Puyo Puyo Tetris Demo, and Fast RMX. Lots of fun! Honestly a Switch killer app if you can play it co-op.

Mariolee

Played with a few other friends and it got kinda heated. One of my friends loves this kind of stuff while another oke never plays video games but anted to try it, so frustration began setting in.

Not the games fault obviously, just an observation on my part.

dno_1966

only been to able to play single player so far but it seems really great, can;t wait to try 2p as i imagine it really comes into its own then.

Slythe

Played the demo with my roommate, immediately purchased the full game to play with my girlfriend later.

Glad this game exists because my Zelda got delayed till Monday.

Taxman

My god that EZA stream. When they went to the 4-player Party mode... I think they love it. I love it... I just don't have anybody to play it with... :(

Marow

How does single player feel? Surprised you have to switch between the characters rather than using one for each hand. Is it awkward?

Waji

I plan on buying the game pretty soon but I'd like to know if someone has a rough idea of the contents.
Does the number of stages/puzzles seem good enough, counting every modes/worlds ?

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
My oldest girl is completely hooked, she plays it alone.

That's a family gem, but it also seem to work well in single player.

Flintty

I only bought one game with my Switch (I bet you can't guess which!) but I was keen to get something for my 9yr Son and had this in mind. Thankfully there was a demo and within minutes of playing together he was laughing and squealing with delight; it felt pretty special.

So I downloaded the full game and I'm currently watching him play with his 16yr old brother and it's hilarious to watch - even my wife is hooked watching them 😄

Definitely a day one essential.

duckroll

I only bought one game with my Switch (I bet you can't guess which!) but I was keen to get something for my 9yr Son and had this in mind. Thankfully there was a demo and within minutes of playing together he was laughing and squealing with delight; it felt pretty special.

So I downloaded the full game and I'm currently watching him play with his 16yr old brother and it's hilarious to watch - even my wife is hooked watching them 😄

Definitely a day one essential.

After they beat the first world, it unlocks addition modes which support up to 4 players! You can all join it!

Flintty

I'm not sure I haven't tested it yet. Just 2 players for now. Maybe someone else who tried it out can confirm?

I just tried it and couldn't get any reaction from the controller and it does have a picture of the pro with a line through it. I can't fathom why you can't use the Pro, it has the same buttons! Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but it's not looking good at the moment.

I don't want to buy more joycons just yet...

maxcriden

This is a bit off-topic, but in the same vein of emotionally fraught co-op as NSMBU Boost Mode Challenges and Snipperclips, has anyone yet reported trying Zelda in Joy-Con co-op? I'm avoiding Zelda threads but I thought there might be some overlap of Snipperclips players and people trying this. What I mean is, one person holds one Joy-Con and one holds the other and together you have some mildly crazy co-op Zelda.

TheMoon

This is a bit off-topic, but in the same vein of emotionally fraught co-op as NSMBU Boost Mode Challenges and Snipperclips, has anyone yet reported trying Zelda in Joy-Con co-op? I'm avoiding Zelda threads but I thought there might be some overlap of Snipperclips players and people trying this. What I mean is, one person holds one Joy-Con and one holds the other and together you have some mildly crazy co-op Zelda.

Like the 2-players-1-controller speedruns at GDQ? :D

tanuki

Can confirm this is amazing in coop.

Played through the first world with my wife, and so far it's been amazing, up there with the likes of Overcooked. Hopefully it can maintain that fun factor throughout the whole game.

Hazu

Played the first 10 levels or so, and I had lot of fun so far.

However, I just read that there are
only 45 levels in the game.
Can anyone confirm?

I wish there was a way to upload videos for each level and to compare with other people to see how they solve the puzzle, etc.

Really hoping to see a sequel in the near future, this game is just so good!

weekev

Banned
Just finished a 3 player session with my wife and daughter. If anything the 3-4 player levels are even more creative and fun than the 2 player levels. What a great little game.

BiggNife

I just tried it and couldn't get any reaction from the controller and it does have a picture of the pro with a line through it. I can't fathom why you can't use the Pro, it has the same buttons! Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but it's not looking good at the moment.

I don't want to buy more joycons just yet...
Yeah it's really really dumb that you can't play with pro controllers. Really my only complaint.

Hopefully they patch it in.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
I don't think I've ever played a communication game like that and I love it. What would you recommend in the same vein?

I just beat the game. It consisted of
worlds and you unlock
more party levels (2-4 player mode)

My fiance and I enjoyed it a lot and will now do the party mode with some friends. There were only a few puzzles that really had us stuck but we managed in the end! Great game. :)

wiibomb

I'm in love with the aesthetic of this game, but I need to know how many puzzles are in this thing, because I just saw 15 puzzles for 2 players and that is quite few for what I was expecting..

are there really only 15?

Eighthours

I'm in love with the aesthetic of this game, but I need to know how many puzzles are in this thing, because I just saw 15 puzzles for 2 players and that is quite few for what I was expecting..

are there really only 15?

I've already done about 40 in 2 player, so... no.

soultron

Banned
Was expecting my GF might last 30 minutes playing this but we were locked in for like 2 straight hours having a great time.

This game is a must-buy, IMO.

Top Bottom