• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Snipperclips tops Nintendo's Switch japanese download chart for first half of 2017

1. Snipperclips - Cut it out, together! (Nintendo)
2. Minecraft: Nintendo Switch Edition (Mojang)
3. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Nintendo)
4. Kamiko (Fly High Works)
5. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Nintendo)
6. ACA NeoGeo Metal Slug 3 (Hamster)
7. ARMS (Nintendo)
8. 1-2-Switch (Nintendo)
9. ACA NeoGeo The King of Fighters '98 (Hamster)
10. Othello (Arc System Works)
11. Voez (Fly High Works)
12. Super Bomberman R (Konami)
13. Frontier Days: Founding Pioneers (Arc System Works)
14. Blaster Master Zero (Inti Creations)
15. ACA NeoGeo Metal Slug (Hamster)
16. Human Resource Machine (Fly High Works)
17. Flip Wars (Over Fence)
18. Shovel Knight (Yacht Club Games)
19. Ultra Street Fighter II: The Final Challengers (Capcom)
20. Maison de Maeva (Moebius)
21. Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap (DotEmu)
22. Secret of Mana Collection (Square Enix)
23. Puyo Puyo Tetris (Sega)
24. Mighty Gunvolt Burst (Inti Creations)
25. Thumper (Drool)

Source: http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/snip...download-chart-for-first-half-of-2017/0184336

maxcriden

Incredible sales for a very clever and unique game. Hope it pushes Nintendo to more 2nd party experimental content, as Toadthemushroom understandably laments the lack of in this thread.

Awesome.

Nintendo needs to keep making smaller games like this. Where's my new Picross w/ local multiplayer competition? What about my sequel to Pushmo/Crashmo or a new Word Searcher? Still waiting for my chess game, too. Plenty of room for smaller snacks.

Hero

Incredible sales for a very clever and unique game. Hope it pushes Nintendo to more 2nd party experimental content, as Toadthemushroom understandably laments the lack of in this thread.

This. Can't believe people seriously believed the Nintendo isn't interested in experimental stuff from that one interview the other day.

Hey, Kamiko is pretty high up there too.

Makes sense - it's cheap, it's one of the highest-profile Japanese indie games on the eshop, and it's a really solid game with a great atmosphere and aesthetic. What a great little game it is.

Is it over a million worldwide yet?
Seems like it's easily over 500k.
Especially since it was like 1/5 of the sales of the worldwide total of 350k at the end of March.

Kyuur

Great game but a bit short. I was left longing for more, sequel pls.

That being said I didn't do the 2-4 player puzzles since I only have one co-op partner. Are those worth doing with only 2 people?

It's a great game, and it shows off the Switch's best feature (having 2 controllers ready for co op at all times)!

I really want DLC or a sequel for it.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Both are western games being released in Japan, it's pretty good for them to even chart.

Also does anyone know if these charts are by units or revenue?

Based on the fact that Kamiko is so high, Im gonna assume its by units.

yyr

Kamiko beating Zelda is quite surprising haha.

I'm just going to speculate that the majority of Zelda was sold physically over there rather than digitally.

Played the demo of Snipperclips on my sister's Switch this past weekend. It's really charming and fun. Definitely a winner.

Zedark

Here are the Famitsu digital estimates for Switch, credits to mpl90:

mpl90 said:
Switch Japanese eShop Top 30 First Half of 2017 {2017.03.03 - 2017.06.30}

01. SnipperClips: Cut it out together! (Nintendo) - 113,287*
02. Minecraft: Nintendo Switch Edition (Mojang/Microsoft) - 59,886*
03. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Nintendo) - 43,065*
04. Kamiko (Circle)
05. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Nintendo) - 41,697*
06. ACA NeoGeo: Metal Slug 3 (Hamster)
07. Arms (Nintendo)
08. 1-2 Switch (Nintendo) - 9,688*
09. ACA NeoGeo: The King of Fighters '98 (Hamster)
10. Othello (Arc System Works)
11. VOEZ (Circle)
12. Super Bomberman R (Konami) - 5,387**
13. New Frontier Days: Founding Pioneers (Arc Ststem Works)
14. Blaster Master Zero (Inti Creates/ Sunsoft)
15. ACA NeoGeo: Metal Slug (Hamster)
16. Human Resoruce Machine (Tomorrow Corporation)
17. Flip Wars (Over Pence)
18. Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove (Yacht Club Games)
19. Ultra Street Fighter II: The Final Challengers (Capcom) - 1,682*
20. Unholy Heights (Petit Depotto)
21. Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap (DotEmu)
22. Seiken Densetsu Collection (Square Enix)
23. Puyo Puyo Tetris (SEGA) - 1,482**
24. Mighty Gunvolt Burst (Inti Creates)
25. Thumper (Droll LLC)
26. Disgaea 5: Complete (Nippon Ichi Software)
27. Dark Witch Music Episode: Rudymical (Circle)
28. World of Goo (Tomorrow Corporation)
29. Nobunaga's Ambition: Sphere of Influence with Power-Up kit (Koei Tecmo)
30. ACA NeoGeo: Samurai Showdown IV (Hamster) > 1,305***

* = as of May 28th, 2017
** = as of April 30th, 2017
*** = as of March 26th, 2017

This. Can't believe people seriously believed the Nintendo isn't interested in experimental stuff from that one interview the other day.

To be fair, Giles' comments were misconstrued. He wasn't talking about Nintendo, but Nintendo's relationships with second party devs and they definitely weren't greenlighting the same kinds of experimental games on the same scale as they used to.

Snipperclips is a great sign that they are still on the lookout, though.

Here are the Famitsu digital estimates for Switch, credits to mpl90:

Holy crap, Snipperclips broke 100k??

God damn. Just imagine if it had a physical release.

Those numbers for BOTW and MK8D also look pretty solid since Japan still has a pretty high physical>digital ratio from what I've read.

Zedark

Holy crap, Snipperclips broke 100k??

God damn. Just imagine if it had a physical release.

Those numbers for BOTW and MK8D also look pretty solid since Japan still has a pretty high physical>digital ratio from what I've read.
Yeah, BOTW and MK8D are both over 500k physical already (see the latest Media Create Sales thread).

And at this point Snipperclips has had another month of sales, so it could be over 130k (my spitballing, no sources for that I'm afraid). Great performance by that little game!

I want dlc for snipperclips, they could keep adding to that game forever, don't know why they haven't added more to it yet because it's super fun to play with people.

Good idea well executed but far to expensive for the amount of content it offers.
Nevertheless I'm pleased to see it doing well, I don't necessarily want more but more 'experimental' games in a similar vein would be appreciated.
This was a great choice for a launch title in retrospect.

Luigison

Well deserved. Snipperclips is by far my family's favorite multiplayer game on the Switch so far. I'm not counting Mario Kart 8 because we already own it on Wii U with all the DLC. Speaking of DLC, I hope Snipperclips gets some and/or a sequel this year.

Top Bottom