• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo confirms complete JP eShop launch line-up for Switch + wallet carry over

essenn

the Arcade Archives titles would make no VC hurt a little less

Hopefully SnipperClips is there for NA launch too

wildfire

Banned
Wait, they said no VC at launch but Japan is getting NEOGEO games on Day 1?

Seriously. All of sudden there are 11 games I never heard of being planned because I didn't keep track of the Japanese shop after the 2nd week of the Switch reveal.

m-night-shyamalan.jpg

No fast RMX in Japan? But Snipperclips?

Snipperclips is published by Nintendo. For some reason I think Nintendo made the dev team into a second party.

dmcAxle

Neo Member
I wish Puyo Puyo Tetris was a launch title in the west too :(

Since the Switch isn't region locked I can import it if I'm impatient, but I want to support localization.

I wonder what the holdup for Disgaea 5 being a launch title in the west is. That game should be almost completely localized from other systems but instead it's releasing in late May.

Epcott

Blaster Master Zero? I had no idea. And KOF 98 too?

I may be putting the "no region lock" to use sooner than expected, depending on if one needs to constantly switch regional settings to make use of it.

Maybe Puyo Puyo Tetris will have English option in the Japanese version and we can easily download it from the Jpn E-Shop :)

Highly doubt it.

But would be an extremely welcome surprise.

PPT was released on a few platforms in Japan already, and the version I played at the Switch presser in DC a month ago seemed like an identical port of the regular version.
If that's the case, then no, the JP version won't have any options for English. (PPT on Vita/PS4 don't, at the very least.)

Luigiv

NeoGeo games? Interesting, I guess we are getting some VC games at launch (or at least one region is).

Edit: Oh, not VC versions, double interesting. Wonder what will happen when NGVC does come to Switch.

duckroll

NeoGeo games? Interesting, I guess we are getting some VC games at launch (or at least one region is).

Edit: Oh, not VC versions, double interesting. Wonder what will happen when NGVC does come to Switch.

It won't. This is NeoGeo "VC" on modern consoles.

Juice

So I expect that this means I'll need a Japanese-based profile and a US-based profile to make purchases in either, similar to PSN?

yo, I want those Neo Geo games.

Hopefully buying stuff from JP Eshop isn't a huge headache, but I could see it being annoying juggling multiple accounts if the purchases only work on one account rather than any account on the system.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
Is there going to be any way for a US system to get Dragon's Quest 1-2, or would I need to create a Japanese profile and download there and log out of my main one/log into japanese one to get it?

boiled goose

good with gravy
What I really need to know.

What happens to our 3ds wiiu wii games?

Are digital purchases switch specific skus or tied to unfied Nintendo account?

Kouriozan

Is there going to be any way for a US system to get Dragon's Quest 1-2, or would I need to create a Japanese profile and download there and log out of my main one/log into japanese one to get it?
Apparently you just need to set your region as Japan in your account to access JP's eShop.

Apparently you just need to set your region as Japan in your account to access JP's eShop.

But do you have to switch your account to play games tied to that account? Or are they accessible from my US account? Not sure if this has been confirmed yet anywhere

Hopefully it's easy to buy off the Japanese store. Would like to grab KOF 98. Will PP Tetris have English at all? If I don't have to wait for the NA release, that would be great.

where is FAST and shovel knight?? It was confirmed for launch, but it is not there. what the hell?

Maybe just NA/EU launch.

Excited to see Blaster Master Zero come to Switch. I was bummed when I saw that it was only on the 3DS release schedule. Now no worries. Now it will be mine! Yay!

Top Bottom