• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Nintendo Japan Store Launching January 23rd: Zelda Master Edition, FE: Echoes SE

It's a Japanese service. Good luck to anyone that expects to be able to use their foreign credit cards.

Thanks.
haul84s20.png

I really don't like how the red box with the Switch logo looks on the game covers. It clashes with every cover art I've seen and ruins any pleasing aesthetic they might've had.

Ninferno

Let's be fair, while that package looks absolutely gorgeous, it only works online with Nintendo's own store, because people going to Nintendo's own online store (mostly likely hardcore Nintendo fans) know exactly what it is. If this sits on the shelves of Walmart or Target alike, the average consumers will have very little idea what the hell that is. There's a reason why the retail box (both Japan and NA that is) has an image of the hardware on it and it's good that we have different boxes to serve different audiences and purposes, be it good-looking or self-explanatory.

Let's be fair, while that package looks absolutely gorgeous, it only works online with Nintendo's own store, because people going to Nintendo's own online store (mostly likely hardcore Nintendo fans) know exactly what it is. If this sits on the shelves of Walmart or Target alike, the average consumers will have very little idea what the hell that is. There's a reason why the retail box (both Japan and NA that is) has an image of the hardware on it and it's good that we have different boxes to serve different audiences and purposes, be it good-looking or self-explanatory.

Ideally, the retail art should be a cheap slip cover with the actual box being printed with this design.

Sony does something similar with their bundles.

Top Bottom