• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dissidia Final Fantasy NT launches January 30

Golnei

I hadn't seen Kuja's new alternate costume yet - I really like it, even what they've done with the hair.

tumblr_ouas0gn7o71trelp1o1_540.png
tumblr_ouas0gn7o71trelp1o2_400.jpg

Lightning always front and center leading the forces of good.

DDxuUacVYAEWtC3.jpg

Maybe later they'll put a sticker in the corner says "Featuring Noctis from FFXV: A New Empire".

hsop.gif

Also respect your King. No one here brings up any of the multitude of mobile games Lightning is shoved in...

Hostile_18

Banned
Not knowing much about this game I was looking forward to it. Just saw the trailer on the PSN store and MY GOD it looks to be the most intrusive HUD I've ever seen in my life.. like almost parody levels. Looked to be more text on screen than game lol.

SilverArrow20XX

Walks in the Light of the Crystal
They said it won't have a story campaign mode like the previous games but that there is still story that happens as you fight.

I thought this meant like how most fighting games do story, where every character has their own scenes and ending as they go through the tournament mode or whatever. Maybe scenes just unlock as you rack up wins or something. They need to be more clear.

theofficefan99

They said it won't have a story campaign mode like the previous games but that there is still story that happens as you fight.

I thought this meant like how most fighting games do story, where every character has their own scenes and ending as they go through the tournament mode or whatever. Maybe scenes just unlock as you rack up wins or something. They need to be more clear.

I agree with needing to be more clear. The fact that they aren't kind of troubles me. Both sound lame to me unfortunately. I wouldn't mind each character having a little tiny story mode but I'd want something like a "final story route" after clearing the stories of all the characters. I'll also miss the Secret Report stuff from Duodecim.

I hated Dissidia's story mode, like LOATHED, but I actually really enjoyed Duodecim's. From what I remember, the lore was interesting, the story mode didn't overstay its welcome (took about 12-14 hours, minus post game content), I enjoyed the World Map, and I actually liked how CG cutscenes were sprinkled throughout. It was a nice experience. Only complaint was that the post game content was way too hard. I couldn't unlock the last few reports.

SilverArrow20XX

Walks in the Light of the Crystal
So the prime 20% doesn't work on the Steelbook edition huh?

Looks like it. The 20% discount used to apply to all videogames, special editions included. Looks like they're trying to stealthily remove it. I originally started buying from them because of no shipping and tax. Then tax got added, but it was still worth it for the Prime discount. I had heard that CEs were being excluded, but I didn't think that would apply to simple preorder editions.

Guess I'm finally moving to Best Buy. This shit would have been $18 cheaper on Amazon 9 months ago.

Vashzaron

Quick search of twitter. Today was the day they were supposed to be sending out the codes so people could pre-load the beta for the start of it.

I dont think that's happening now since it seems like you can only activate the code when the beta it self starts.

I'm in day one. Huge Final Fantasy fan but never bothered with the previous Dissidias, will not make the same mistake now. I just hoped they would go back to the classic "white background with logo" box art.

Has this been mentioned yet?

The Season Pass includes the following:

- Access to six characters not in the base game, along with their default weapons and costumes
- Two colour variations of each of those characters' default costumes
- Two additional weapons for the above characters
- Digital Mini-Soundtrack

It is possible to obtain certain items from the season pass in the base game, but you will receive gil for any items you already possess.

Not sure if I'm big on the Season Pass including things that are in the base game, and I have no clue what those items could be considering that all items listed, excluding the soundtrack, are for characters not included in the base game.

Has this been mentioned yet?

Not sure if I'm big on the Season Pass including things that are in the base game, and I have no clue what those items could be considering that all items listed, excluding the soundtrack, are for characters not included in the base game.

Probably the weapons, if gil is being mentioned.

Aren't the weapons still character-specific cosmetic items? It seems weird that you'd be able to obtain weapons (and/or costumes) that you have no way of using ingame.

You can probably still earn stuff for characters you don't own if you don't buy the season pass.

Just got my beta code for PS4 straight from S-E, I signed up for the beta on their webpage and haven't pre ordered the game.

Says the closed beta will be downloadable starting fri @ 9pm PDT and run until Sept 3d, 9pm PDT

SheHateMe

Just got my beta code for PS4 straight from S-E, I signed up for the beta on their webpage and haven't pre ordered the game.

Says the closed beta will be downloadable starting fri @ 9pm PDT and run until Sept 3d, 9pm PDT

I got a beta code from SE, and I pre-ordered nothing.

Huh.

Can't wait to tool around in it.

BiggNife

For a closed beta it sure feels like they're giving away a shit load of keys. Kinda surprised they didn't just make it open.

Top Bottom