• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Nintendo Japan Store Launching January 23rd: Zelda Master Edition, FE: Echoes SE

Hedgey

Looks like Nintendo is keeping all the greatest goodies to itself in Japan.
The official "My Nintendo Online Store" will be launching January 23rd, with pre-orders for a special edition of Fire Emblem: Echoes, and Zelda: Breath of the Wild Deluxe.
LINK: https://topics.nintendo.co.jp/c/article/e0d77c5d-ccc9-11e6-9aaf-063b7ac45a6d.html

00000517_04.jpg

The Zelda: BotW Deluxe edition is a tad different from the North American set.
Instead of a carrying case, the Deluxe edition features a Link amiibo, a 20 Postcard set, and alternate cover artwork.
The Postcard set and Master Sword statue are Nintendo Store exclusives.
Priced at 13,870 yen

The Fire Emblem: Echoes Special edition will retail for 10,980 yen and include Fire Emblem TCG cards, a Soundtrack CD, an Artbook, some DLC, and a Bluray disc.
Details can be found here
Pre-orders go live January 27th, not January 23rd when the store opens.

Another exclusive to this store is the ability to customize the colour of the joycons AND the straps that you receive with your console.
It will carry the same cost of retail Switch consoles, 29,980 yen + tax.
You'll receive 300 Gold My Nintendo points if you buy from the My Nintendo Store, and 100 Platinum points for visiting the online store when it opens.

Exclusive cases.
These carry 5 game carts, and have room for two joycon grips.
They also each contain one screen protector for the system.
Black will be found on store shelves, but red and blue cases will be exclusive to the store.
1,980 yen

Also exclusive to the site, if you buy both a Nintendo Switch and one game, you'll get a 6-piece set of B2 size poster/calendar hybrids
(At the bottom of the example, there is a small number line with months and dates.)
This ships in a flat box, so be very careful about getting these if buying from this store.
I'm sure shipping overseas will be incredibly expensive.

I would LOVE to see some of the stuff featured here in North America as well.
Heck- I'm tempted to cancel my NA Pre-order and try and get a Japanese console.

Toki767

Yeah, online only.
Absolutely no idea if they ship to North America, I might look into some sort of shipping service. Red joycons and straps too good to pass up.

Man...I doubt they ship to North America, but the USD to JPY exchange rate means these would potentially be cheaper than buying them in the US lol

Dystify

All red / all blue Switch in the West are only possible by purchasing the matching Joycon set (which is another $80). Wish we had this over here too.

Man...I doubt they ship to North America, but the USD to JPY exchange rate means these would potentially be cheaper than buying them in the US lol

Might be possible to use a fowarding company to ship these to countries outside JP, but of course that'll tack on extra fees.

Still, I'd love to get all blue joycons and straps. C'mon NoA.

RRockman

Banned
I'm willing to bet they will get exclusive colors like triforce gold joycons or splatfest orange and blue. My salt levels have finally matched my hype.

Unless NOA steps up and offers the same store to us. But this I sincerely doubt.

Toki767

Might be possible to use a fowarding company to ship these to countries outside JP, but of course that'll tack on extra fees.

Still, I'd love to get all blue joycons and straps. C'mon NoA.

Well they do sell a set of blue Joycons and straps, but it'd cost you $88 + tax. Best Buy has the pages up but they haven't gone live yet.

kubus

Ah good, was surprised there wasn't a thread on this yet so I thought about making one later.

Couple things:

- Prices are before tax so people thinking about using a forwarding service should keep this in mind before ordering :p (8% consumption tax)

- Fire Emblem preorders start 1/27, not 1/23

- You don't get a corresponding poster but a poster calender (B2 sized). Looks like every month is a different game. Samples in the Topics article.

- A purchase nets you 300 gold coins

- Logging in once the shop opens nets you 100 platinum coins. One time only, you have until the Switch launch to grab the coins.

- Payment method is credit card only

I'm gonna try and order a Switch and Zelda there. I hope they have plenty of stock and the site doesn't crash ._.

KtSlime

I hate that they are launching the store on a Monday, I will be at work so won't be able to preorder. Looks like I will have to order from Amazon tomorrow.

Hedgey

Ah good, was surprised there wasn't a thread on this yet so I thought about making one later.

Couple things:

- Prices are before tax so people thinking about using a forwarding service should keep this in mind before ordering :p (8% consumption tax)

- Fire Emblem preorders start 1/27, not 1/23

- You don't get a corresponding poster but a poster calender (B2 sized). Looks like every month is a different game. Samples in the Topics article.

- A purchase nets you 300 gold coins

- Logging in once the shop opens nets you 100 platinum coins. One time only, you have until the Switch launch to grab the coins.

- Payment method is credit card only

I'm gonna try and order a Switch and Zelda there. I hope they have plenty of stock and the site doesn't crash ._.

Thanks, added corrections to the OP.

LordofPwn

That poster looks dope, too bad it's got Nintendo branding all over it.

Also do we have dimensions for switch box art yet?

KtSlime

It's a Japanese service. Good luck to anyone that expects to be able to use their foreign credit cards.

I don't expect to be able to use my US card, not even amazon allows that, but you can use a US card on the Japanese e-shop, which is the only digital content service that I knows allows that.

I can't find anywhere in the press release where it says what time the store opens on Monday. Anyone have any idea?

Beckx

It's a Japanese service. Good luck to anyone that expects to be able to use their foreign credit cards.

you mean like i do for my baseball team's Japanese only online store multiple times a year? got it!

I don't expect to be able to use my US card, not even amazon allows that

this is wrong. amazon.jp happily accepts foreign credit cards. they do have products that require a Japanese address, however. your other point is really key, though: the existing nintendo Japanese eshop accepts foreign credit cards. they might always change things to do what Sony does, but there's no immediate reason to assume that will be the case.

KtSlime

you mean like i do for my baseball team's Japanese only online store multiple times a year? got it!

this is wrong. amazon.jp happily accepts foreign credit cards. they do have products that require a Japanese address, however.

I will have to try again, because I have had them deny shipping to my house (in Japan) when trying to use my US debit card.

Although I did read that a few years ago they started allowing people abroad to buy some things from Amazon Japan.

Totakeke

Japan knows that the Zelda case is ugly so that's why they're not including it.

Can you still pre-order the console in Japan?

Beckx

I will have to try again, because I have had them deny shipping to my house (in Japan) when trying to use my US debit card.

Although I did read that a few years ago they started allowing people abroad to buy some things from Amazon Japan.

maybe a debit card specific issue, though like i said there are products that require a Japanese shipping address. until recently, games generally required a Japanese address, so you could still use a foreign credit card as long as you used a forwarding service like Tenso. now they will generally ship games internationally. digital sales (e.g. book & music sales) still require Japanese address.

ar4757

So basically might as well import and get a bunch of cool options, and the price probably evens out accounting for exchange rate (which makes the price around $260) plus taxes (20$) and shipping (probably $20?).

But I have a gift card to Best Buy so no go for me

Love the idea of being able to choose yours joycons and wrist straps that you get with the Switch, actually looks a lot nicer when both joycons are the same color.

Also would be nice if that Fire Emblem: Echoes Special edition come to the west. I'm sure it would sell, and even then knowing Nintendo they would probably only make like 10 of them so it wouldn't be to hard to do that....

Totakeke

Man, double blue or double red looks better than I thought. I might cancel the red/blue joycons order for double blue.

What the hell is in the Fire Emblem Echoes blu-ray and goddammit, I want those carrying cases for switch! hopefully this is something that they're just testing in Japan for now and plan to launch elsewhere, cause I like this.

Kintaco

The all red and all blue look nice. Makes me wish I would have gone with the Neon Switch and ordered the Neon Joy Cons in order to have full red and full blue Switch configurations. Not really a fan of the gray now that I look at it more.

Hedgey

The all red and all blue look nice. Makes me wish I would have gone with the Neon Switch and ordered the Neon Joy Cons in order to have full red and full blue Switch configurations. Not really a fan of the gray now that I look at it more.

That's my endless struggle ;_;
Grey sucks.

Well just got out of work so might as well spend my time refreshing this. By the time I reach my apartment, I should be able to order one, right? .....

Really wish they just included a red and blue strap instead of just grey withe neon sku. Seems clear they're hoping for extra purchases of straps considering you can't buy a Joy Con without the wrist strap but you can buy wrist straps separately.

Hopefully they'll correct that in a future sku.

Top Bottom