• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNSD and K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ranvier

banal trash talking

attitude shift we're proposing

Jr High-level maturity.

The "who is the best?" question and discussion comes naturally to anyone faces with so many wonderful objects of attention, but this extreme and endless trash-talk is built over time by an isolated group with a shitty sense of humor and whatever attitude it is that makes sports fans so damn obnoxious.

The fact that you think sports fans are obnoxious makes me think you were that kid that always got made fun of by the jocks in high school and thus, have a chip on your shoulder about trash talking.

The problem here is that you've completely missed the point of this thread and the reason why it made it to 400 pages and that is...all the pictures and gifs. The trash talking simply rolls the "picture wheel" that keeps this thread moving. I say shit about Yoona, Alta1r posts some pics, Sal comes in with some Fany and then you bust in out of left field with some Wonder girls. It's all good, keeps things going. You want this thread to be something it's not, where we all gather round sipping our scotches as we calmly discuss the merits and intricacies of Kpop. Where Sal posts a pic and we all either go "jolly good show chap" or "the structure of her face does not suit mine eyes. I for one prefer the visage of this other kpop idol". In the end, this thread keeps moving on because of the awesome pics and gifs. They are the structure upon which this thread was built. Trash talking helps facilitate those two things.

Most people in here do some-form of trash talking, the 4 of us are the rule, not the exception. The people complaining about the trash talking are free to talk about other things, no one is stopping you. I don't find it particularly interesting when you guys talk about what producer is working with so and so Kpop group or about any sort of male Kpop group. In fact, sometimes I find it annoying because it takes away from my main reason for looking at the thread, the purty pictures (
also the reason why MOST people look at this thread
). But you don't see me bitching about it.

Hell, lets try no trash talking for one week and see how interesting the thread is. Just because a person's opinion on finding a girl attractive or liking a song is not the same your own doesn't mean you need to start personally attacking their character. I simply think you can't take it when someone makes fun of a group or song you like and so you start saying they are juvenile or immature. A big part of this thread is dedicated to grown ass men looking at pictures of Korean girls shake their moneymaker while they sing a song. Let's not be delusional here.

That's the difference between expressing your views and arguing.

Anyway, my main point is that the apparent soshi dominance here is an illusion. They may make up the largest slice of the pie, but they are still slice-sized in the grand view of things here. Some may find it the best part, or even the only reason they post in this thread, but ones personal focus on a single aspect doesn't change the broader reality of what the thread is for others.

I agree, SNSD is just a slice of the pie. Like I said before, I don't care if SNSD is in the title or not. This new thread is going to remain essentially the same as this one. I like SNSD so the majority of my posts will be related to them. You like other groups so you post about them which is good because most of the songs I like come from the non-SNSD posts. Some people are acting like we (I) talk too much about SNSD but that's exactly the point of the thread. To talk about shit we like and most of the time, I like Hyo and Yuri's ass so that's what I talk about. But you are right in the sense that this is no longer just about SNSD, which I think is a very good thing.

I think the amount we talk about the different Kpop groups perfectly reflects their real world popularity. SNSD is probably the most popular Kpop group so they are overall talked about most in this thread. Wondergirls, Kara, T-ara, Hyuna are all pretty popular too so they are also at the forefront of most discussions, just not so much as SNSD. Someone whose a statistician/unemployed should see the percentages the different groups are talked about in this thread and compare it too their overall popularity throughout the world. I have a pretty good feeling they would coincide pretty closely.

If some of you guys are sick of SNSD that much just start another thread titled "Kpop: No SNSDs allowed". I guess you guys can have that cunning Maknae since you are allowed one SNSD.

Also just saw Trouble Maker. Hyuna has definitely gotten hotter in the face compared to her IY days but yeah, she needs to get that Bubble Pop body back. Oh yeah, the song was aight, the whistling was indeed the best part. I wonder how it would work live. It would be tough shit if they made the poor guy whistle live too. If you have a nervous, dry mouth, you'd be fucked.

Alta1r

Catchy song. I like that whistling in that background too. And dayam that 1080p is good on her. Are those backup dancers in teh MV the rest of 4minute?

EDIT:
Don't want to fan the flames again, but dayam Ranvier,
clap.gif

And this part made me lol.
Ranvier said:
where we all gather round sipping our scotches as we calmly discuss the merits and intricacies of Kpop. Where Sal posts a pic and we all either go "jolly good show chap" or "the structure of her face does not suit mine eyes. I for one prefer the visage of this other kpop idol"

Raiku

Don't fight duders......you're breaking my heart.

Does it really matter if Soshi is in the title or not?
It'd be cool if you guys would post what you would post in the OT thread over here though, so we can just have one big thread. I'd definitely see where you're coming from if you would want that separated though, but for convenience's sake. I've gotten some quality stuff from that thread.
Anyways, hope that Sal is back for the thread.

Y1yP2.jpg

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
The fact that you think sports fans are obnoxious makes me think you were that kid that always got made fun of by the jocks in high school and thus, have a chip on your shoulder about trash talking.
Nope. Some of my best friends in highschool were top athletes. They were some of the nicest people I've ever known and they weren't near as obnoxious about sports and what team was winning as the fans who didn't play were. I just find rivalry stuff an annoying load of bullshit.

The problem here is that you've completely missed the point of this thread and the reason why it made it to 400 pages and that is...all the pictures and gifs. The trash talking simply rolls the "picture wheel" that keeps this thread moving.
I'm pretty sure it's us seeing attractive girls that makes us want to share them, not other people trash-talking said girls. I'm not trying to prove anything when I post Kara or Apink. I just think they are gorgeous and I know some people here do as well. It does occasionally happen that someone will say something dumb like Sunny is ugly and we will get an influx like we did just a bit ago, but that is definitely not the main force behind the thread. It is far more self-motivated than reactive.

(
also the reason why MOST people look at this thread
).
I'm not even sure that's true anymore. If we're all posting pictures, that means we all have outside access to find said pictures. It may be a social aspect to point out some particularly nice images to the group, but I don't think many of us treat it as a primary source in the way that you apparently do. That's why we like talking about stuff like who produced their latest song and whatnot, as you say.

Just because a person's opinion on finding a girl attractive or liking a song is not the same your own doesn't mean you need to start personally attacking their character. I simply think you can't take it when someone makes fun of a group or song you like and so you start saying they are juvenile or immature.
Again, not true. Most of the mudslinging that goes on around here is about girls I don't even care about. It's the fact it's all so played-out that is annoying.

Also just saw Trouble Maker. Hyuna has definitely gotten hotter in the face compared to her IY days but yeah, she needs to get that Bubble Pop body back.
Unfortunately she is covering up her beautiful light brown eyes with blue circle lenses again.

Everyone here needs to lighten the fuck up. Jesus. Go sit at the kids table!

On topic: I like Trouble Maker, but the MV is fairly uneventful. Hyuna looks great, the dude looks comical.

Peru

Trouble Maker video/song is hot. I like her rap verse. She doesn't rap fast or hard but she knows how to put panache into it. Underrated sense of how to work the beat.

Dice

coming from the guy who backed up the haters saying G .NA has an ugly face.....
Yo dawg, not even joking or exaggerating... Real Talk™... It's not just a "not my type at all" kind of deal, but she actually makes me want to look away with the single exception of that ONE picture with Namjoo backstage at some Cube thing where she looked like a different person.

filler

Banned
Dice is full of shit, he likes talking smack about the girls he doesn't like, just as much as anyone. All the while professing his love for that wet mutt looking Ham.

Dice

Dice is full of shit, he likes talking smack about the girls he doesn't like, just as much as anyone. All the while professing his love for that wet mutt looking Ham.
You mad b/c I don't like Hyoyeon. BUT... unless a major bomb is dropped, I have been silent about her pics. I certainly cried bitter tears with the IY2 announcement, but that had nothing to do with you guys.

The g.na thing is on another level. I can't help that she freaks me out. It's definitely not a "traditional ugly"
like Lim /honestWGfan
but I can't stand her face.

filler

Banned
While I was banned, I spent my time away trolling the comments section on kpop youtube videos. I ended every comment with "kara sucks", regardless of the content. There were a lot of hateful messages sent my way, it was great.

(._.)

Banned
Yo dawg, not even joking or exaggerating... Real Talk™... It's not just a "not my type at all" kind of deal, but she actually makes me want to look away with the single exception of that ONE picture with Namjoo backstage at some Cube thing where she looked like a different person.

you can talk trash all you want

don't try to act like you're above it though calling it dumb

Kuno

Made a HyunA gif from the Trouble Maker MV:

i27q3H0PrdCYe.gif

Edit: Took orangecaramel's advice and edited out the other two slightly nsfw hyuna gifs. Sorry!

vanty

Speaking of Perfume, last night I listened to Jelly by Kyary, then I was like "this is a capsule cover yea?" and listened to the original capsule version, which led me to realising it's on the rmx album then I listened to that remix version like 5 times today ahah.

So my conclusion is that Yasutaka Nakata should make every pop song.

Card Boy

Banned
I literally discovered SNSD aka 'Girls Generation' acouple weeks ago after watch a couple HoN streams.

I'm mildly amused. I really like 'Trick'

filler

Banned
Sal is absolutely killing it on his tumblr right now. Who are the girls in that photoshopped picture?

salbaby--The tumblr’s name is unfkoreangirls. I guess they are Korean girls. Unf.

I thought the photoshop part meant they were idols photoshopped onto the bodies of someone else.

ramyeon

The Trouble Maker MV is too much of Hyuna trying to be sexy by being as risqué as possible without actually just being sexy. Not sure if I want, I'm torn.

Peru

Ah but she is sexy. And even if she was just trying, it'd be preferable to the grown women acting like children in the A-Pink videos.

ramyeon

Ah but she is sexy. And even if she was just trying, it'd be preferable to the grown women acting like children in the A-Pink videos.
Shots fired. Yeah don't really care and considering their average age is like 17? Do not want them acting like that.

She's trying too hard, she is sexy yes. I never said she wasn't. But she doesn't need to amp it up like this to be sexy, she can be sexy while remaining classy.

EDIT: A Pink's concept is pretty much FinKL anyway. Their music brings me shit tonnes of nostalgia every time I listen to it - it's awesome. And hey, it's something different in today's industry at least.

panda21

i think i prefer it being the SNSD thread, with other kpop stuff too. SNSD is such a gateway drug, and arguably what most of the people here are into, I think it makes more sense that way, and is a clearer entry point for newcomers.

ramyeon

A Pink just seem like a typical jpop girl group with all the overly cutesy stuff, except they have dental care.
Like I said, nostalgia factor. I don't expect you were listening to kpop when FinKL and SES were promoting so I don't expect you to have that same feeling towards them, whatever.

Doesn't change the fact that they're overly sexing Hyuna up for no reason. She doesn't need the borderline ridiculous grinding to be sexy.
i think i prefer it being the SNSD thread, with other kpop stuff too. SNSD is such a gateway drug, and arguably what most of the people here are into, I think it makes more sense that way, and is a clearer entry point for newcomers.
Why should the thread be made for newcomers?

Peru

She doesn't NEED it, but when she's in that mood, it doesn't hurt.

New A Pink single is good and def w/ SES vibes, and the video is a step up but those close ups have put me off watching it again.

ramyeon

watched Trouble Maker mv in hd over breakfast, what a glorious way to start a day.

totally worth the hype for once!
I wish the song had the same attitude the video has though, it needs a bit more oomph.

I do love the whistling parts and that repeating melody though. Good stuff.

That was my initial reaction also but listening to the leak last night the song grew on me somewhat.

I like how hyunseung shows no sign of sleaziness, he's pro throughout, what a dude.

giri

FYI, i think sal's ban expires on the 2nd (USA time).

0_o also, to fan the flames! I only found out about the rest of K-Pop because of SNSD. if SNSD wasn't in the thread title, i wouldn't have ever found out about Rainbow / 2NE1 etc etc.

Just saying.

(Though i don't see why the title isn't exactly the same as the current one?)

Also, for those wondering, i don't think you have a choice, this thread has to go into communities. The other K-Pop thread would be moved here if it was more popular.

The only communities that are allowed over in Off Topic are the sports-gaf threads, and thats just because they've been there for ... ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom