• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So, Bioshock Infinite looked pretty rough. (VGA showing)

zkylon

zkylewd
Yeah that stuff wasn't too good. Framerate was console crap, but how it was put together was pretty amateurish. Random cutscene, then random blasty gameplay, it was pretty bad when you compare it to past E3 showings and whatnot.

Cudder

So the framerate actually was that bad? I was streaming the show on my phone on the train on a shitty 3G connection on the way home from work and I said, "naw, must be the connection" lol

Hypron

The gameplay video looked like a complete clusterfuck, it was hard to make out what was happening on screen. Explosions everywhere... The enemies still look like freaking bulletsponges (one of the thing I hated about Bioshock) as well, some of the enemies got headshot several times and still weren't dead.

Apart from that, the art direction looked really solid. The game will be pleasing to the eye that's for sure (even though it still looks like an UE3 game). It's also weird to hear the MC talk in a Bioshock game, but that's not a criticism at all, I was just not expecting it.

QaaQer

I played three hours of the PC version this week. It was astounding, and exceeded every one of my expectations.

I was concerned about the game, much the same as many in this thread, but I am not anymore.

and your relation to the company?

Daft_Cat

It really didn't look very good, and the framerate was kinda crap at the beginning. Seems they've heavily downgraded the whole zipline thing too. Didn't look too hot.

I think the thing with the zip-lines is that speed is either controlled by the player, or it's context sensitive depending on the location of the rail.

I'm fairly certain Booker will be able to move faster on the rails than he can on his feet.

kurahador

What is happening at 1:13-1:18? There's some explosion and the guy gets pelted with bullets while his HP barely moves.

The guy was guarding someone on the back maybe? Seems like he was setting up something.
And presumably from ppl that was on the flying boat. I remember this game was about warring faction.

YagizY

Looked good to me. Everyone loves to hate on Bioshock after Bioshock 1 so I'm not worried. Looked better than Bioshock 1 and 2 visually speaking as well and combat looked more satisfying.

This is coming from someone that loves Bioshock 1 and 2 though so whatever.

Beth Cyra

To be fair, some of the later section of Bioshock 1 had some of the worst frame rate I've ever dealt with, but that didn't stop it from being a masterpiece.

bounchfx

holy crap was I pleasantly surprised after reading all this gaf feedback. You guys know optimization is pretty much the LAST thing that happens on a dev cycle right? Even if it shipped like this I didn't see anything unplayable, and the gameplay part itself looked fun if not a bit frantic. The cut between the key and the next shot was jarring though, yikes.

though to be fair, I'm surprised they showed it at that state.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
The gunplay was the worst bit. Seems like it really hasn't improved at all since Bioshock, and makes it look antiquated.

Framerate is iffy but that could change. Everything else looked pretty interesting though.

imjust1n

Banned
I didn't really see that and I thought it looked bad ass.

It's one of my most anticipated game of next year by far.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
I think it looks interesting, no idea why people are freaking out.

Framerate can suck in a demo, who cares.

Talent jumps ship from studio.
Game is delayed.
Rough gameplay trailer is shown.

The writing is on the wall.

I may be wrong but wasn't most of the talent that left worked on the pre-production/ early production team? Meaning that their job was done way before they even "jumped ship"? Let's not jump to conclusions until the final product ships.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
It'll run at 60 on my PC, pretty sure.

ironcreed

Banned
It is not often that you will find me talking shit, but this game looks like it fell straight off a cliff, and yet there is another delay? Yeah, canceling my pre-order. It is what it is, and this looks like a trap.

tkscz

Trailer. http://kotaku.com/5966800/confronting-the-handyman-in-bioshock-infinite

Outside out of the rough framerate at the beginning, I think you guys are definitely overreacting.

qOusl.gif

Over reacting is par for the course.

Health bars. Fucking health bars.

I know, it's awesome! I love health bars. Actually needing to get health.... oh wait you're saying it as a negative thing? Well then sir we are at a disagreement!

Haunted

That intro cutscene was real shaky in terms of framerate, yeah.

Gameplay part was a pretty crazy fight, I liked that Bioshock was a bit more strategical, but it's too short a clip to judge anything from, really. Should come out soon, though, the engine doesn't get any younger.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I guess this is the reaction you get when you don't bring a CG or in game cinematic trailer to the VGAs.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I remember being fairly impressed with what I saw when they announced this two years ago, but yeah, that video didn't look all that great.

antitrop

The frame rate was bad. That was the very first thing I noticed.
I'll be playing on PC. So all I'm worried about is whether the game is really good or not.

Although the first BioShock was famously a PC gaming nightmare and is still broken in some areas to this day. Let's see if they learned anything.
BioShock 1 is literally unplayable with a mouse in the menus and the puzzles.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I guess this is the reaction you get when you don't bring a CG or in game cinematic trailer to the VGAs.

Looked worse than what they showed at E3 2011, in my opinion.

Could be because of the platform? I dunno.

blackflag

Impressions from the recent media showing were great. Jeff Canata(sp?) said if the 2 hours he played we're released this year it would be his game of the year.

I'm not going to worry yet.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Enemies need to have health bars because they're bullet sponges; otherwise you would think all of them are invulnerable and turn off the game in frustration.

Jackl

Watched trailer.

The base mechanics/plot look solid and have potential, but I can't help but feel something is off.

Delay it until summer, I can wait.

Loxley

Just watched the video and yep...you guys are overreacting. I agree the frame rate was ass at plenty of points, that much was obvious. But I thought the overall gameplay was decent.

Some of you are acting like the game looked like Robocop for the Xbox -levels of terrible.

Zarx

Had to be the 360 version. Which makes me think the PC version must not be doing too well.

As far as I know they have always shown the PC version up until now.
Also they had the PC and X360 versions available for their recent preview event.

I’ll get this bit of reassurance out of the way: Infinite runs perfectly. Our demo PCs were admittedly above average: an AMD FX-8120 (an octo-core CPU) and a single card in the AMD Radeon 7900 series (I didn’t have time to verify which one), alongside 16GB RAM on Windows 7. With that considered, I didn’t experience any hiccups, frame rate dips, no texture pop-in, or crashes.

PC Gamer

I think it looked nice, but Im really disappointed with the animation and AI. I really thought they were going to improve on those fronts,

Top Bottom