• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So GAF, what is your experience with drugs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hertog

- I really hate THC, smoking hash or weed just makes me feel slow and tired. And one time it made me so paranoia I thought I was already dead :( I'll never use it again.

- Mushroom are very good, I actually made peace with the death of my grandma during one trip. But it can also be very fun or philosophical. I use them about 1 or 2 times a year.

- MDMA is fucking awesome, great high and I never experienced the MDMA-hangover where you feel depressed for 2 days. Just pure happiness and bliss. Also one or two times a year

- LSA was also quite good, though confusing and I've had a lot of trouble sleeping after it. The fun part was actually controlling your hallucinations. I could make my room into the bowels of a pirate ship :) But I;m not sure if I'll actually use it again.

- Kratom is the reversed coffee. Makes you relaxed and you don't care about anything anymore. Great relief during stressful times.

Goron2000

best junior ever
so you're already physically addicted in some way?

damn.

Pretty much, but i have enough control over it that i can prioritize other things. Last year though i didn't work and did it all day and every day, i got extremely agitated when i didn't have it.

Bentles

You do know you don't have to "smoke" weed if that's what concerns you right?

And the poisonous berries comparison, is one of the worst comparisons I've read. Since when is weed poisonous? Since when can it kill you?

Yes I know. I also knew that was coming :/ it's the line of thought I'm equating not the actual properties of weed.

Basically use what we know about something over some vague assumption that "nature" makes things not be harmful.

To be honest I don't know what we know about it. What the exact effects on your health are of consuming it in one way or another. I'd be interested to see. I know it's not as bad as it's presented to be. I have a friend though who tells me he can stop any time he just doesn't want to. Yeeeeaaah. Though that's very anecdotal.

KtSlime

General advice about LSD: Clear your schedule. As one of my friends said: "You aren't getting other people's shit done on acid." It lasts fucking forever. About 10 hours for me every time I've taken it. And time starts being a prick too, so it might seem like forever.

Other advice: Get a lot of music. You thought you liked music? You don't know SHIT about music until you've listened to your favourite albums on acid.

This is very good advice. I'd also recommend people try to stay off the phone. Using phones is like rocket science. Especially when the person on the other end is also tripping.

Wimps

I smoke weed about 1-2 a week, sometimes more, sometimes less.

Did XTC(MDMA/LSD whatever you want to call it) about 15 times now I think, only at techno parties/raves. Going to a party and just going completely mental gets another fucking dimension when you're on it. Seriously. You haven't seen shit yet. First time was at a 3-day festival and I had the time of my life.

I don't want to do it that often, like once every 2 months or so. When I'm on it, it just elevates me to another level, I can't really explain the happiness you get from it. You just feel so amazing you want to share it with everybody.

Have to say that doing XTC really opened my eyes about drug use and such, I'm definitely not doing shit like heroin/coke/ghb. But it's all happening right under your nose, people are offering you it all the time. It made me very aware of the fact that the line is thin. And that I don't want to cross it.

Fyi, I'm Dutch.

Onemic

Yes I know. I also knew that was coming :/ it's the line of thought I'm equating not the actual properties of weed.

Basically use what we know about something over some vague assumption that "nature" makes things not be harmful.

Ok, fair enough

Zona

It's the Appeal to nature fallacy and it annoys the hell out of me too. Arsenic is Organic, Belladonna is a herb.

krrrt

I don't really do drugs anymore except for lsd and 2c-b every few months and moderate use of alcohol and weed.

In the past I have done a shitload of psychedelics (shrooms, acid, dmt and lots of psychedelic research chemicals), experimented with stimulants and strong prescription opioids.
Also been addicted to ketamine, benzodiazepines and heroin for short periods of time.

Only drugs I would take again are those I still use and the common psychedelics.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I smoked weed daily for almost a decade up until about 2 years ago, and now I just do it about once or twice a month. Personally, I stopped because I wanted the extra money to be able to do things like go out more or go on holiday abroad that usually I wouldn't have been able to afford (and instead I went and bought a house and still have no spare money... bullshit trade!).

I love it though, love getting really stoned and talking shit with my wife or friends, or watching a movie or putting on some headphones or playing games. I think the best thing about being stoned is that it gives you crazy patience so you can do shit like marathon a game for 8 hours or watch all the Lord of the Rings movies. Nothing particularly productive sure, but it's a fine way to spend a weekend.

Also did a bunch of ecstasy and mushrooms in my early 20s and that was hella fun too. You don't really know someone (or yourself) until you are tripping balls and gurning your face off or terrified from watching too many kung fu movies (long story...). I didn't do ecstasy for about 7 years until new years recently when I had a bit, and that was wonderful too. Lots of hugs and dancing and fun.

I think really I'm just a drug-person. I don't really like to drink since I'm not too fond of the buzz (and especially not the hangovers) but I have a very psychedelic personality and enjoy indulging it and getting a bit weird. Really, if I had the money for it I would still be a daily stoner, but that shit is expensive and I have other priorities for my cash. But when I get it, I enjoy it, and I think this is a healthy way to enjoy substances.

And personally, for me and mine, this is the most common story. Most of the time drugs don't ruin your life at all. If you have your head screwed on mostly straight and have good people around you then you can have good times and get out with nothing but crazy stories and fond memories.

Kapura

Banned
Any members here with experiences on Meth?

meth-sink-outdoor-gr.jpg

Not even once.

I barely drink alcohol.
I tried weed with friends once when I was 19. Nothing happened. I never took it again.
I've been taking prescription drugs since 1996.
Ambien makes me trip.

That's it.

Fracas

#fuckonami
No drugs/alcohol here. I know a LOT of people that smoke weed, though. I see how messed up they get, kinda why i don't do it, lol. But it is fun to mess with people that are high.

I smoked pot every day for a solid 3 years, but only smoke a couple times a month now. Just got too burned out on it, and it seems to be more meaningful and enjoying to do it on certain occasions.

Done a fuck load of ecstasy at a lot of dance music shows. I still go to those shows but dont do E anymore, I just stick to the bar and have a few drinks.

I cant even tell you how much oxycontin I have snorted in my life. I;m sure it would easily be over 10K worth on the black market. I'm fortunate enough to have never been physically addicted to it, and I have to admit I loved the way it made me feel. I am glad I kicked that a long time ago though.

Had many trips on Shrooms. Easily the most eye opening experience with any drug I have had. I can't take them anymore though because I constantly fall back into a bad trip I had one time and it just is not worth it anymore. Before that bad trip though I fucking loved mushrooms.

Coke was fun but definitely not worth it. You feel like complete shit after you come down and you have to constantly snort a line to maintain the high.

When I was completely hammered off Jager at some party a guy talked me into taking a hit of meth. Instantly went sober. Hated my life, seriously the only regret I have. Never touched that shit again.

Had countless trips off DXM. Crazy fucking drug.

The only time I tried acid it turned out to be bunk.

And that is about the extent of my drug history. Oh and alcohol.

Stet

Banned
Coke is fucked because it's so psychologically addictive. An integral part of the high is that as soon as you do it you want to do more. That said, the best way to not do it is to not have any. Unless you're surrounded by it, it's easy to stop just by depriving yourself of it.

akira28

Green outs and all that wierd stuff that happens to some people...I think it's due to people adding stuff to the pot, while growing it or transporting it. It's illegal so it's not like they care to be organic or healthy. That's definitely not a good thing. I would like for it to become legal and for there to be standards in growing and what products are safe for human consumption.

Of course we're more interested in being hypocrites and 'protecting the kids' when it's so easy for the kids to get it, and they're more motivated to try it because it's cool and counter-culture, while illegal. .

mr Miller

Neo Member
No drugs/alcohol here. I know a LOT of people that smoke weed, though. I see how messed up they get, kinda why i don't do it, lol. But it is fun to mess with people that are high.

I've smoked multiple times every day pretty much since university started a year and a half ago and have a sparkling GPA and am in good physical shape.

Please elaborate on how "messed up" they get. That is just ridiculously false. Maybe someone loses sight of their priorities or spends too much money, but your description sounds like some mid 20th century propaganda b.s.

VASPER

Banned
I smoke weed everyday, i love it and yes i have a little smokers cough. Its the price i pay for feeling really good every night, contemplating getting a volcano so i can fix this problem.

Onemic

I've smoked multiple times every day pretty much since university started a year and a half ago and have a sparkling GPA and am in good physical shape.

Please elaborate on how "messed up" they get. That is just ridiculously false. Maybe someone loses sight of their priorities or spends too much money, but your description sounds like some mid 20th century propaganda b.s.

He's probably talking about weed newbies. Because that's definitely true.

I've done it four times and am not at all hooked. For life.

I've also done crack, once.

I think I may be fortunate in that I do not have an addictive personality, as I have always been able to take or leave cigs. But yea, just my anecdotal experience to counter your generalization.

colour me surprised. I always though of crystal meth as the one drug where if you do it, you're pretty much hooked. One of my former friends did it and said she had that exact feeling.

stravinsky

Neo Member
Psilocybin mushrooms are terrific when the time and place are right. So strange and creative and emotionally and spiritually cathartic. Also enjoy alcohol or weed, but only at pretty low doses. And not together. Fuck that.

Kapura

Banned
Does anybody here who has taken acid regret it? Everybody I've talked to always thinks that it was a good thing to have done.

drkOne

Weed 4-5 times a week. Relaxes me, makes everything funnier. I enjoy being high while watching TV, movies, playing games, random conversations, etc. with a group of friends.

I bought some Salvia when I bought my bong. I remember taking a hit and starting laughing uncontrollably, then getting really depressed once I realized I wanted to stop laughing and couldn't control myself. It was pretty weird, but none of my friends experienced the same, so I don't know how usual that is.

I also do alcohol if I'm in a partying mood, but it's my least favourite.

Would consider doing shrooms under the right circumstances.

Onemic

Psilocybin mushrooms are terrific when the time and place are right. So strange and creative and emotionally and spiritually cathartic. Also enjoy alcohol or weed, but only at pretty low doses. And not together. Fuck that.

I've done it together a few times. It actually isn't that bad, but then again I never get "drunk" and smoke weed at the same time.

stufte

Did acid in (and during) high school. Fucking loved it. I wouldn't do it these days though, what with the wife and kids and career, etc. But man do I miss it.

KtSlime

Does anybody here who has taken acid regret it? Everybody I've talked to always thinks that it was a good thing to have done.

I don't regret it. There were a couple of "bad trips" I had, that I think have caused me to not really do it very often, but I think the experience as a whole, both good and bad is worth having and has given me a bit of insight into myself that I might not ever have been aware of had I never tried it.

Onemic

Did acid in (and during) high school. Fucking loved it. I wouldn't do it these days though, what with the wife and kids and career, etc. But man do miss it.

I will say if there was any drug I'd do other than weed/shrooms it would be acid and maybe extc

Oh boy, let’s see…

Weed: Loved it at first and used to smoke ungodly quantities. Was AMAZING for a ton of different activities including sitting down and playing video games, watching movies, playing basketball, doing chores etc. Later on it started to affect me differently. First it would make me lazy and unable to get any work done. Later on, I started to get extreme paranoia and anxiety and was unable to be around people when high. Quit shortly after.

Ecstasy: Amazing.

Cocaine: Made me feel like I was king shit. Felt confident enough to do anything (approaching girls that were out of my league, etc.) Amazing, but there were certain times when it made me really violent and aggressive for some reason.

Crack: Didn’t like it the first several times, but was amazing after a while

Mushrooms: Fun, fun times. Tripping the fuck out with a bunch of other people who were also tripping the fuck out was trippy as fuck.

Acid: Did it maybe 3 or 4 times and it never affected me at all. All my friends who I did it with were tripping the fuck out though. Weird.

Valium + Alcohol Mixture: I've lost entire weeks of my life that I can't remember at all thanks to popping several valium pills and going on drinking binges. My jaw drops in utter disbelief when people tell me some of the things I did while on the yumes and liquor (none of which I can remember). It was a pretty wicked high though.

Never tried Heroin, Meth or MDMA, although I did take Aderall (which is basically meth in pill form) once.

I’ve been 100% drug and alcohol free for the past 7 years

mr Miller

Neo Member

I dont regret it, but, just like all my other drug experiences, it was just an event. Something I did. I can't lavishly describe some grand, life-altering experience or anything like that. You trip out for about 8 hours, but I wouldn't go into expecting to be reborn (like someone earlier in this thread said of either acid or shrooms, I cant recall which.)

Almond

No drugs or alcohol for me. I'll only take something for a cold or headache if it's really bad.

I'm not interested in any recreational use.

Oh boy, let’s see…

Weed: Loved it at first and used to smoke ungodly quantities. Was AMAZING for a ton of different activities including sitting down and playing video games, watching movies, playing basketball, doing chores etc. Later on it started to affect me differently. First it would make me lazy and unable to get any work done. Later on, I started to get extreme paranoia and anxiety and was unable to be around people when high. Quit shortly after.

Ecstasy: Amazing.

...Never tried Heroin, Meth or MDMA, although I did take Aderall (which is basically meth in pill form) once.

I’ve been 100% drug and alcohol free for the past 7 years

Ecstasy should be primarily MDMA, IIRC.

squidyj

Kids around here are dying from bad Ecstasy, PMMA instead of MDMA.

Anyways I haven't done that much outside of occasionally smoking weed, a salvia trip one time, and a couple of times I got high on amphetamines, dex to be specific.

Stet

Banned

Nope. The come down is fucking shit and sleep is utterly impossible, but I don't regret it. The only thing I've ever done that I regret is salvia. But it's a soft regret. It was an awful experience but I'm over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom