• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So how bad is the Switch stock situation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frostman

I don't think is the case on a national level and may simply be localised to your Asda/Tesco.

It's consistently sold out online and any restocks seem to sell through pretty quickly.

stockinformer.co.uk is a pretty good indicator of availability.

Yeah, online isn't the place to easily get one. If you visit your local, depending on location, they are usually easy to pick up.

Usually...that is.

The Goat

So I've been able to score 4 Switches so far! Trying to find 2 more for friends. The thirst for Kart is real. Need a stable group for a minimum 4 player racing.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
I'm seeing the phantom stock stores where their counts have been messed up for a while (including one that has humorously shown 19 on stock since mid March). No restocks today or they stopped updating like you guys

Yeah Walmart is back on the istocknow map for me. Must have just been a temp glitch.

Stock is still weird for me, Brickseek is showing some stores as "Limited Stock" and 0 units while istocknow is showing them as having a single unit. I kind of wonder if they're holding stock for Mario Kart now

http://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-sw...kart-8-deluxe-bundle-ships-by-05-05-17/146488

Anyone think this is worth? I don't really care for MK8 but I could sell it

That would be over paying about 20$ compared to getting those items at retail, up to you to decide if it's a big deal or not. If you have to go with Gamestop then this might be a good way to get the system in a reasonable time frame, but it seems like people here are being more successful scoring them at walmart/target/best-buy.

corn_fest

iStockNow/Brickseek's numbers are nonsense. Went to a Walmart that supposedly had 2 (they had none) and a Target that supposedly had 12 (had none, of course). Don't waste your time.

angelic

Banned
There's loads in the UK, argos, GAME, grainger, CEX, tesco, all have them near me. No need for a 300 quid zelda player myself but they're out there for sure. Scratch my screen if this is well known.

JonnyKong

I just looked at all the Argos stores around me (in Teesside in the North East) and there's not a single one in stock for either colour within five stores.

I'm genuinely a little bit gobsmacked this is still happening nearly two months after release. Nintendo must be struggling to keep up with the manufacturing pressure.

angelic

Banned
Thats weird, well GAME get them in all the time, sainsburies, CEX have em, Grainger Games have em in the Galleries Washington, they're everywhere.

CEX want 300 quid, the fannies.

iStockNow/Brickseek's numbers are nonsense. Went to a Walmart that supposedly had 2 (they had none) and a Target that supposedly had 12 (had none, of course). Don't waste your time.
There is something strange going on with the inventory numbers in the last couple of days. They were pretty on point prior to this

Dubz

I did it! I convinced my wife that the Switxh would be a good purchase. The problem is, I can't find any in stock. Anyone have a bead on in stock Switches?

BajiBoxer

Banned
That would be over paying about 20$ compared to getting those items at retail, up to you to decide if it's a big deal or not. If you have to go with Gamestop then this might be a good way to get the system in a reasonable time frame, but it seems like people here are being more successful scoring them at walmart/target/best-buy.
I almost pulled the trigger, but couldn't justify the extra expenditure + tax + over $20 shipping.

hatchx

Banned
Anybody in Brampton,Canada have any luck in finding any?

Lol, I'm from Mississauga. My friend in Toronto looked everywhere and had a friend drive him one he found in Owen Sound (3 hrs from Toronto).

I think the point is, maybe call stores in smaller more rural areas? Brampton isn't so far from Caledon, Orangeville, etc.

Poketune

Lol, I'm from Mississauga. My friend in Toronto looked everywhere and had a friend drive him one he found in Owen Sound (3 hrs from Toronto).

I think the point is, maybe call stores in smaller more rural areas? Brampton isn't so far from Caledon, Orangeville, etc.

I totally would search around smaller stores, however the problem is I have $200+ credit at EB Games so I needed to get it there specifically to take advantage of it.

Thats weird, well GAME get them in all the time, sainsburies, CEX have em, Grainger Games have em in the Galleries Washington, they're everywhere.

CEX want 300 quid, the fannies.

My Local GAME's haven't seen any real stock since launch. Argos and Second hand ones in CEX are the only stores near me which has had any

ColdPizza

Banned
I have a Switch but I'm visiting my parents right now in Naples, FL. No Switch in stock but they had plenty of Pro Controllers. Not sure if those are still hard to find.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
Apparently no more Switches in Switzerland till the fall. Even Microsoft treated us better, Nintendo.

Shambles.

Gotta second JoeM86 doubts.

I have a hard time believing a strategic, hot item like the Switch could go without any stock in a Western European country for 5 months.

brawly

Where did you hear that? Retail assistants in many places have made ridiculous claims like that and they have all been wrong

Gotta second JoeM86 doubts.

I have a hard time believing a strategic, hot item like the Switch could go without any stock in a Western European country for 5 months.

I have a hard time believing it too. But it's been two months without so much as a whisper of any stock. It's all vague dates.

sphinx

the piano man

on the other hand.... it's been almost 2 months and I've yet too see more than 1 (one) switch units here in Germany, any store, any day, anywhere.

Switch does not exist here.

I wonder how long can this scarcity thing keep on going, it's already ridiculous, maybe they divert units to other territories.

KevinG

I have a Switch but I'm visiting my parents right now in Naples, FL. No Switch in stock but they had plenty of Pro Controllers. Not sure if those are still hard to find.
I live just an hour north of there, and there have been plenty of Pro Controllers locally for a while.

The Switch is still scarce, but I did see one in the wild a week or two ago.

Kazoo

You guys might wanna check Best Buy on Friday when MK8 launches, Also check in on Monday for NES Classics FYI.

Giving you guys a heads up (Don't waste your time calling cause the phone system is shit now).

FWIW, I called my Gamestop (Hamburg, Germany) on Friday and he said that they'll have new ones in the system so I am pretty sure most places will get stock on MK8D release week and a week after.

Da-Kid

Never trust Nintendo when they say there will be no shortages. This is ridiculous. Why are they taking so long to ship more? Are they correcting the Dock flaw with the scratches and adding padding?

Like come on....

qko

I'll be able to tell the kids some day "and I waited half an hour to decide to preorder as everyone was so underwhelmed by the January Presentation, there were so many pre-orders available let me tell ya..."

Never trust Nintendo when they say there will be no shortages. This is ridiculous. Why are they taking so long to ship more? Are they correcting the Dock flaw with the scratches and adding padding?

Like come on....

They definitely won't be adding extra padding any time soon, since they're busy pumping out as many as possible for the console boxes as well as the standalone dock boxes.

Not entirely sure when we'll see the warping issue dealt with. It could already have been investigated and corrected, but it will be awhile before the newer docks end up in Switch boxes on store shelves since Nintendo first must use up its original batch.

My brother has been trying to get one for a few weeks now and today was supposed to be the day when everywhere around here was getting restocked... both Targets (with their Mario Kart 8 branding everywhere) had 1 each and Walmart had 2. That's it, he managed to get one of the two at Walmart but the stock situation is just plain bad in my town.

sphinx

the piano man
FWIW, I called my Gamestop (Hamburg, Germany) on Friday and he said that they'll have new ones in the system so I am pretty sure most places will get stock on MK8D release week and a week after.

I don't believe them.

I mean, sure, nintendo tells them "oh, there's demand? yeah will send you more" and the clerks at the store tell us that but nintendo is full of shit, they don't supply accordingly.

I've also asked around here in Bremen.

I don't believe them.

I mean, sure, nintendo tells them "oh, there's demand? yeah will send you more" and the clerks at the store tell us that but nintendo is full of shit, they don't supply accordingly.

I've also asked around here in Bremen.

Nope, I called them quite often, and they don't know when they get Switches until Nintendo tells them, and it seems like they did.

ramparter

Banned

Like come on....
Yeah I wonder they dont ask the genie to make a few millions more.

JoeM86

Like come on....

Because these things aren't just built in a day, it takes time. Plus, Nintendo were conservative with their plans after being burned with the Wii U to the point that in one quarter, they actually sold a negative amount of consoles in Europe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom