• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So how bad is the Switch stock situation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone been to the Nintendo store today? Looking to pick up a Pro controller but not sure if they still have them in stock. Last time I called them, they said yes, I get there and they say "no, we've been sold out for a few days". I JUST CALLED, YOU ASSHATS.
I think someone posted a pic yesterday of the the shelves full of pro controllers

Seems my state is getting such low numbers, my chances of getting one in store is just way too low. This is me rationalizing that I bought one online for more than retail, but whatever, paying premium to not have to fight with this anymore... It will all be worth it, and honestly I am just trading money I would have spend on some PS4 games that I would have never played because Zelda lol.

ChuyMasta

Just checked a target in the Lakewood, CO area.
Already sold out :(

I guess I'll check others later, but the outcome is looking grim

uniform

EB Games all over Ontario, Canada received stock around noon. The 4 locations I visited from 12-1 were sold out within an hour. This was my first and last time trying to grab one of these at a store. There's too much demand with so little stock.

What time is everyone going to GS on Wed? I don't want to have to get there 5 hours before opening to get one.

That's if they even get them. Everyone keeps saying "Gamestop Wednesday" but that is only confirmed to be the earliest they will show. It might not be until Friday or Saturday for some stores.

I thinkn best option would be to call your local GameStop tuesday to see if they know.

milw00kiee

Neo Member
pretty sure the more official sounding stuff said 'by Wednesday' as in anytime this week through Wednesday. they'll all be gone by Thursday I would think.

poutmeter

I was really hoping the console would be readily available when my friend visits the US in early April, but I guess I shouldn't keep my hopes up.

AGITΩ

Dunno of this has already been stated. Just got an employee news article that most best buy stores will be getting a handful of grey switches between today and the 25th.

Kar L

rare re-stocks on in-demand items usually arrive to Gamestop on Wednesdays by UPS.

It has been a pattern of behavior from their distribution centers over the course of the last few years. Most likely because they are sent out on Mondays at the beginning of a warehouse work week and also because Wed. is a slow foot traffic day in stores.

Seik

Banned
Still a barren wasteland in Canada...;_;

Any good stores stock tracker worth looking at for Canadian retailers? I asked in my last post but didn't get any answer.

I'd like to get one before the QC - Ottawa road-trip with my GF to see my step father for the Easter week end...This gonna be a long 5 hours if I don't have one.

My wife confirmed that my Switch arrived from Spain! The last hour of work is going to be sloowwwwwww
AGITΩ;232438994 said:
Dunno of this has already been stated. Just got an employee news article that most best buy stores will be getting a handful of grey switches between today and the 25th.
Hmm, so Best Buy, GameStop, and Target have all had reports of restocks this week. And there have been reports of big shipments to Walmart "by early April." Things are looking up?

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
Still up but cant select the shipping option. In store only.

//ARCANUM

To those who grabbed one on best buy, what is your "get it by" date? Mine shows April 11th. (I'm trying to get one for one of my buddies FYI).

Here's what happened:

I ordered, and entered the wrong credit card info.

It said backordered (order status was on processing). Then they emailed me about the wrong CC info, I immediately corrected it and the status changed to "order received", but the date now shows April 11th. What date are you guys seeing?

JORMBO

Darkness no more
To those who grabbed one on best buy, what is your "get it by" date? Mine shows April 11th. (I'm trying to get one for one of my buddies FYI).

Here's what happened:

It said backordered (order status was on processing). Then they emailed me about the wrong CC info, I immediately corrected it and the status changed to "order received", but the date now shows April 11th. What date are you guys seeing?

I did next day shipping and it says "Get it by Wed, Mar 22."

Unicorn

Man, this fervor is going to just continue with the consistent release of games. It's going to be a struggle through summer as MK8, ARMS, and Splatoon all trickle out.

Grats to you all. Forgot my password on best buy so I missed out.

//ARCANUM

I did next day shipping and it says "Get it by Wed, Mar 22."

nice. yeah mine was probably an issue of entering the credit card info wrong. i got my order in there but I'm guessing it's acting as more of a "pre-order" now for a later shipment or something. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

oh well, if it goes through, my buddy gets one!

thatJohann

Here's what happened:

Mine says I'll get it by Thursday, Mar 23 with free shipping.

Man, this fervor is going to just continue with the consistent release of games. It's going to be a struggle through summer as MK8, ARMS, and Splatoon all trickle out.

Grats to you all. Forgot my password on best buy so I missed out.
I severely underestimated the hype for this system. Looks like Nintendo did too...

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Called local EB Games earlier, they said they had Switch in stock. Rushed over to the store, saw two guys walk out with Switches, had a little panic attack thinking they might have gotten thr last units but when I went inside they had 1 left which I picked up along with Zelda.

Now to finish Horizon and find a Pro Controller so I can get started on Zelda.

Futureman

dang... these go so fast it's insane. Like my zoolert email was 1 minute old when I noticed it and people in here were saying it was already sold out.

RootCause

Called local EB Games earlier, they said they had Switch in stock. Rushed over to the store, saw two guys walk out with Switches, had a little panic attack thinking they might have gotten thr last units but when I went inside they had 1 left which I picked up along with Zelda.

Now to finish Horizon and find a Pro Controller so I can get started on Zelda.
Hey, the joy-cons are great. :p
And congrats on getting a switch.

mews

Neo Member
I think someone posted a pic yesterday of the the shelves full of pro controllers

can confirm this as of today - i work a couple blocks away from Nintendo NY, Pro controllers as well as charging grips and grey/neon Joy-Con sets are always in stock. worth a go if you live in NYC and need accessories!

Ya, i kinda thought i would be able to stroll in and just pick up my copy of Mario Kart, then buy Zelda, and a Switch. Its not looking to good right now.

I would definitely recommend pre-ordering everything you could see yourself getting from amazon asap.. once i got my switch i looked up all the games that i was most likely getting and threw down a big preorder because i know how awful nintendo stock can be even on huge games
aLtqujY.jpg

Kinda irritated. I had the switch in my cart the second it went live and was going through checkout and as I continue to the payment method it asks for me to sign in. Fuck this shit

Peltz

can confirm this as of today - i work a couple blocks away from Nintendo NY, Pro controllers as well as charging grips and grey/neon Joy-Con sets are always in stock. worth a go if you live in NYC and need accessories!

Do they have cases? I work a few blocks away too and may stop by.

PSFan

I would definitely recommend pre-ordering everything you could see yourself getting from amazon asap.. once i got my switch i looked up all the games that i was most likely getting and threw down a big preorder because i know how awful nintendo stock can be even on huge games
aLtqujY.jpg

Never had any trouble getting Nintendo games from Amazon, ever. It's Nintendo hardware that's usually an issue. The games themselves are always in abundance close to launch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom