• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So how bad is the Switch stock situation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tubie

Since I don't work tomorrow (today), I will use the day to hunt down a pro controller.

Hoping, since it's Tusday, some stores actually get a restock on accessories and games.

Edit: Just got mine from Amazon!!!

uymir9I.png

Lmao I can't believe my luck!

Tubie

Amazon has had them in stock for hours, but they are pre-orders. Seems they are getting a big shipment on April 1-3.

I rushed to buy the hell out of it when I saw it was actually in stock fearing I wouldn't be able to buy it in time.

Must be a massive shipment if they've been up for so long.

This just saved me a lot of time and gas lol.

I'm, about to bike it over to my local best buy, they open in 5 minutes. I figure why not, at least I'll put in a nice morning bike ride for myself even if it is cold out...

Edit: They didn't have any, but I bought myself a copy of Watchmen. Heard it's a good book. (visual novel, whatever, I'm trying to read more)

DESTROYA

back to what was posted about Target stock yesterday...I used the item page on their website to track inventory, walked into one store at 11:45am and bought a Switch. Went to another store and picked up a second Switch at 12:15pm, all of which had been available since the stores opened. It's not hard at all if you put a little effort into it.

Yeah thanks for having no clue about what your talking about, this past weekend I went to a half dozen places and they all had none, went to 3 different Target's all saying they had limited stock but when I went to each store they had none.
Count your blessings you had it easy but in the northeast its almost impossible to find one unless your are really,really lucky.

Zimmy68

After trying all over the last few weeks, I checked istocknow late afternoon and it said my Target (Clearwater, FL) had 3. I didn't believe it but I called anyway.
The semi rude clerk said "the last time I checked we had 3".
It's on my way home so I took a chance.
Sitting there behind the glass was 2 Switches. I couldn't believe it.
Being told by stores that there are lines everyday, getting one at 5:30 was strange.
The guy asked me if I was just buying 1 which irked me.
I hoofed it to Best Buy for Zelda and I was good to go.
Unboxing was odd because nothing was taped and nothing covering the screen.
I thought I had a repackaging until I went online and that is how it is boxed.

I went in to Gamestop since I had some credit from selling my OG PS4 when they had that trade in deal a couple of months ago. They told me that they didn't have any, but for "only" $450 I could put in a pre order for some sort of bundle. (With said bundles coming in around "early April".)

I told them to fuck off with that bundle, and bought a PS4 Pro instead.

Hesemonni

Banned
Switches everywhere!

10Yuj5j.jpg

In other news: Screw the Switch! I'm excited I managed to snatch these 4 delicious pcs of fat free cottage cheese. They are a true rarity.

ez8u2uF.jpg

Zabby

In NY/Brooklyn. Nothing around.
GS is pushing that $500 pre-order scam and they say that the next regular batch is coming in JUNE.

Can't find it anywhere though.

Picked up one at Target today. They only had three come in and the lady at the counter was shocked they had some.

That's because they stopped giving us tracking on them, so we have no idea when to expect more until they show up. It was done to keep things fair, but it's a pain in the ass for us team members

In NY/Brooklyn. Nothing around.
GS is pushing that $500 pre-order scam and they say that the next regular batch is coming in JUNE.

Can't find it anywhere though.

I must've lucked out yesterday at the Best Buy at 86th St. in Manhattan yesterday. They had a few in stock behind the counter, and I grabbed one with Zelda.

NYCrooner

For any fellow NYers, Nintendo World Store has tweeted a schedule:

[tweet]https://twitter.com/NintendoNYC/status/846754741015207939[/tweet]

Zabby

I must've lucked out yesterday at the Best Buy at 86th St. in Manhattan yesterday. They had a few in stock behind the counter, and I grabbed one with Zelda.

I'll try the Best Buy on Atlantic next to the Barclays Center later. Istock says it's available, but I found that it's wrong basically every time. Any way to order it online or with pick-up without spending a fortune? I'd rather refresh a page for an hour than get on the subway for 40 minutes and back empty handed.

For any fellow NYers, Nintendo World Store has tweeted a schedule:

[tweet]https://twitter.com/NintendoNYC/status/846754741015207939[/tweet]

Guess I'll do that.

A friend of mine just snagged one on Amazon this past Thursday and it arrived today. I told him to use NowInStock and that's how he ended up getting it. He said they were only in stock for about 10 minutes.

Dre3001

Most Walmart and targets by me have gotten them in stock randomly since launch. I went to Walmart a week ago and they had 5 and today they were out so it's basically all about timing at this point.

The switch is in stock people. If you're in NYC, Nintendo NYC will have them available on several days.

It's kind of fucked how badly most retailers make their product and shipments known to those who want to buy them. Good on Nintendo for pulling this together. If I hadn't gotten one yesterday, I would jump on this.

Alchemy

It's kind of fucked how badly most retailers make their product and shipments known to those who want to buy them. Good on Nintendo for pulling this together. If I hadn't gotten one yesterday, I would jump on this.

I think most retailers want people just to set foot in store for the off chance people might buy something they didn't intend to, and Nintendo doesn't really care because their stores are more marketing/catering to their fanbase so they benefit specifically from handling things well. Also a reason why I hate most retailers >.>

Got the last one from a Target yesterday. +1 for whoever suggested them - they're pretty much the only retailer that has a working stock lookup on their site.

Mark me as one of the people who probably wouldn't have rushed to buy it if it wasn't as rare, though I probably would have gotten one at full price eventually anyway.

I cannot recommend buying one of those lowball Amazon listings, but some dude in OT got one for $199 allegedly from a random listing. I repeat that I'm NOT endorsing this.

RedZaraki

Banned
I cannot recommend buying one of those lowball Amazon listings, but some dude in OT got one for $199 allegedly from a random listing. I repeat that I'm NOT endorsing this.

It's obvious that if it's fake they'll get caught though and refunded. So what's the point?

Gamecube VC gets announced
Gamecube limited edition purple joy cons get released
Buy the grey system while you wait for that option ;)

DO IT NINTENDO

Is it raining in New York? Line up season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom