• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So how bad is the Switch stock situation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sadly I had to sell my launch system and Zelda SE to pay for car repairs. Very tempting to try and get another one tomorrow, however within the next two months I have to save money to pay for moving into a new apartment and both of my daughter's birthdays are in early May.

Yea, similar situation here. Kid number 2 arrived 2 weeks ago, and I barely have time to breathe, also just found out that work messed up withholdings so I'm about to eat a massive tax bill. I plan to wait to see where things settle come may.

Still I walked into a GameStop with one on the shelf and nearly pulled the trigger...

I have 160 or so in GameStop credit so hopefully they begin to get regular stock at some point. They're still pushing that bundle full of stuff I don't want.

How has GameStop's in-store stock been the last week?

Gonna take advantage of the promo they have with trading in a console, so can't do online, and just looking for the unit itself, not one of those crazy big bundles.

I have 160 or so in GameStop credit so hopefully they begin to get regular stock at some point. They're still pushing that bundle full of stuff I don't want.

How has GameStop's in-store stock been the last week?

Gonna take advantage of the promo they have with trading in a console, so can't do online, and just looking for the unit itself, not one of those crazy big bundles.

At least near me (NYC), GameStop in store stock was everywhere suddenly. Istocknow map was accurate for me.

Colorado guy here, the local gamestop and BB stores say they get like 4 or so in every two to three weeks on Fridays.

Usually have to come early but some of the stores like the Gamestop on South Lemay got way more than comparative stores in the Northern Colorado or Metro area.

As of yesterday they had 7 at the south lemay store(the phone number is (970) 416-8551), with plenty of games and accessories instock including a ton(4+) of pro controllers. Unfortunately for those that want neon, you are out of luck all seven of the ones at the store were grey.

Mine is grey since I got it in a trade(to a third party, not gamestop) for some of my 3DS/collectible stuff.

HalfJoey

Neo Member
I'll making making rounds tomorrow in the Scottsdale area. I'll start early and hit up stores as they open. I want a Neon Switch and a Pro Controller. I really don't want to wait in a line.

Neon SKU's are certainly in short supply.

Nintendo NY has had several hundred units available/week over the last couple, doling them out over 3-4 days and linking purchases to IDs to limit how many a single person can get over a short period of time. Vaguely reminiscent of the Wii days in december 06/07 (not quite as crazy). Still, like 3 days ago in absolutely DISGUSTING weather there was a line down the block. Completely night and day compared to the Wii U's launch which hit during the holiday season. People are excited and it's great to see.

I'm on holiday in the UAE and everywhere has loads of them, went to buy one and checked the currency conversion and found out why as the console on its own is £350 here total bummer.

Hey guys, just a heads up, I work at Best Buy and we have 20+ units available for sale today, as does every other store in the district from what I can see (central Minnesota, for what it's worth). I assume this is a nationwide thing, but I can't say for sure. We've only given out a handful of tickets before the doors open. Seems like today is a good day to snag a Switch if my store is any indication.

The TRU I went to had a good amount, they had tickets and everything went smoothly, but no neons. I gave my ticket to the manager who started looking for another buyer.

Where the neons at ;-;

12BoM

Just ordered a grey on bestbuy.com !!!!

i was checking for in store availability then saw it was in stock and jumped on it. wow that was lucky

jrDev

I own a Wii u 32GB and a new 3ds XL. How much they want for trade in at Gamestop?
I got my Switch for 'free' and then some by selling my Xbox for $125 and 3DS for $150 with a few games during a promo so look out for those...

A little more OT brag, I also got a brand new iPad Pro during a promo a few months too and I didn't spend a single dime.', so again look for those promos and is why I hope for me Gamestop figures out a way to keep off the investors and last longer...

HalfJoey

Neo Member
One Target and One Walmart I went to didn't get any new stock. But the last Target I was at had 7 grey ones. It's was hard to resist but I want Neon. I was thinking there would be a large stock rollout but it looks like only certain stores are getting a few. Maybe Toys R Us and Best Buy are priority this time.

Does anyone know what time Toys R Us hands out vouchers/tickets to get one if you wait in line?

I may head to a BestBuy when it opens.

so how is the next big switch game going to do? is it going to give switch a ßecond boost or is it going to falter? does anybody have (anecdotal) preorder numbers?

Zedark

so how is the next big switch game going to do? is it going to give switch a ßecond boost or is it going to falter? does anybody have (anecdotal) preorder numbers?

Well, joy-con wheels already seem to be sold out, so that's some good (and funny) anecdotal evidence for MK8D doing well. Also, check some amazon.com yearly bestsellers 2017 (https://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/2017/videogames#2) for some anecdotal evidence on performance: if you go to the link, you will see MK8 is already ahead of blockbusters like Mass Effect Andromeda and Resident Evil 7, and it isn't launching until three more weeks. Never Trust this ranking for a fully true representation of the actual situation, but as far as anecdotal evidence goes it is the highest quality you can get.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom