• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So how bad is the Switch stock situation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vena

I wonder if nowinstock just isn't being updated in time or if its actually completely sold out again in my area.

Tomorrow, I will officially be joining the hunt for a Switch.

Glad to hear about the BestBuy and Toys R Us success stories in here, but I need to get one from a GameStop store since I'm taking advantage of trading in a console toward the purchase, and they won't give me the highest credit toward it unless I buy the Switch in the same transaction. Hoping it won't be too hard to snag one, there are ~8 different GameStops within a 30 minute driving radius from me (SW Florida). Thinking of going the Grey color.

Persona7

Banned
You got me curious as to why it would matter.
Still sold out in most of MA , good thing I lucked out weeks ago.

I've been trying to determine launch units from ones shipped after launch. Only because walmart is weird and held a bunch of pre-order's for over a month and then released them the same day they got a huge shipment.

Tomorrow, I will officially be joining the hunt for a Switch.

Glad to hear about the BestBuy and Toys R Us success stories in here, but I need to get one from a GameStop store since I'm taking advantage of trading in a console toward the purchase, and they won't give me the highest credit toward it unless I buy the Switch in the same transaction. Hoping it won't be too hard to snag one, there are ~8 different GameStops within a 30 minute driving radius from me (SW Florida). Thinking of going the Grey color.

Good luck. Hope you snag one.

MazeHaze

Banned
Got one from best buy around 7 pm tonight. I guess they got a shipment of around 20 today, they said people were lined up this morning. They had 3 left this evening, I imagine they'll be gone quickly. Fairlawn Ohio if anyone is around there.

antonz

I would imagine shipments should start getting larger or at least more frequent as expanded production capacity should start getting felt in the distribution chain. One thing I have noticed tonight on Satellite is a ton of Switch commercials. Practically every other commercial break I am seeing Switch ads. Feels like a totally different world from the Wii U where I don't think I ever saw ads for it

I'd sell an extra I've got to a gaffer for what I paid, but shipping would have to be covered so I dunno how enticing that would be for some of you.

It's the red and blue neon Switch with the $99 Zelda special addition.

They are both brand new and unopened.

J

Jpop

Unconfirmed Member
I would imagine shipments should start getting larger or at least more frequent as expanded production capacity should start getting felt in the distribution chain. One thing I have noticed tonight on Satellite is a ton of Switch commercials. Practically every other commercial break I am seeing Switch ads. Feels like a totally different world from the Wii U where I don't think I ever saw ads for it

Every movie Ive seen recently has 1-3 Switch commercials before it.

b3b0p

I went to Toys 'R Us this morning and found at least a dozen people in line before they opened at 10 AM. As I walked to the end of the line, two others joined as well. They only had 10 in stock. I'm amazed that after a month of being released it's still this difficult to find one. This story has a good ending though...

KlUhBmPm.jpg

I returned to my car and received a text message from my brother who went to Best Buy at the same time. He found a Neon. :)

I then proceeded to a Best Buy near my location. It's about 10:15 by now. I saw two others walk out with a Switch as I walked in. My expectations were low. But they shouldn't have been.. I got a Neon as well.

I'm not guaranteeing anything people, but BB seems to have a solid re-stock this Sunday morning.

Can't wait to play my Switch.

Where is this?

That looks like the Austin TRU/BRU I passed today.

RedZaraki

Banned
I'd sell an extra I've got to a gaffer for what I paid, but shipping would have to be covered so I dunno how enticing that would be for some of you.

It's the red and blue neon Switch with the $99 Zelda special addition.

They are both brand new and unopened.

Could you PM how much it would be total?

marmoka

Banned
Taking a look at the Spanish site of Amazon, all Switch models are sold out. You cannot get any of the models at the official price. There are some external vendors who sell it for 395 euros, plus 15 euros more for shipping costs.

At least in Madrid, there are still many units at Corte Ingles, Fnac, or Game store in the city center. I think both models, grey and neon, are available, but I'm not 100% sure.

Timexy

Neo Member
Any chances of getting one in Montreal this week? I'm staying until saturday.

If I don't find one I'll just end up getting a PS4 Pro instead, but I want a Switch :(

cclittle

Neo Member
Got mine yesterday! My saint of a friend got a manager at Best Buy to set one aside for a short time. That store (in Michigan) got about 30 Sunday morning and were sold out within 20 min.

Good luck to you all. I dunno if you heard but Zelda seems like a pretty good game.

TS-08

Got mine yesterday! My saint of a friend got a manager at Best Buy to set one aside for a short time. That store (in Michigan) got about 30 Sunday morning and were sold out within 20 min.

Good luck to you all. I dunno if you heard but Zelda seems like a pretty good game.

Congrats. And I'll give you my personal guarantee that Zelda will live up to the hype!

Also interesting that that store sold so many so quickly. Goes to show that even though the stock situation is improving overall in the US, the demand still isn't being met everywhere.

Prices are starting to get sensible again for used units, and seeing a lot more stock in the UK overall. Got a brand new grey Switch out of box for £250 today.

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."
Seems like I'm getting notifications daily from nowinstock.net. Shouldn't be long before I'm able to get my hands on one

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Sure, if you could ever find them in stock. They're about as rare as Switch's now.

I did finally see N3DS at Target yesterday (Edgewood Shipping center in Atlanta). They had 2 black ones and one galaxy one. Not on the market for one so I haven't been looking regularly, but still the first time I've noticed any on shelves in months.

JoeM86

Think I'm going to have to sort out my Japanese Switch soon. Anyone know places that have started doing them online?

Yeah I know I could get a UK one and just hook my Japanese account up to it, but there's a potential future scenario where this may not play out well for me; if Pokémon event distributions are locked to the console's initial region. It's not something we can be sure of until it happens, but better to be safe than sorry.

komaruR

my local Bestbuy store has 3 on stock yesterday. (waterford, CT)
i have no interested in switch. the sale rep was pitching it to me lol.

Forgot to report back on Sunday. So, I saw MarioLinkSamus' post about walking into Best Buy and figured what the hell, I'd check. So, calling them the recording frequently stated they can't tell you stock information over the phone, but I finally got a hold of someone and asked if they had any of the Neon Switch. The guy said "sure lemme look it up" and then said "its showing "very few remaining". I zipped over there (only a 10 minute ride on the highway) and went in. Seeing nothing on the shelves, someone walked by and asked if I needed help, asked if they had any neon switch left and he said "yeah lemme check"

I was floored.

He comes walking back with one, I grabbed Breath of the Wild and checked out.

What an adventure lmao

MarioLinkSamus

not a fan of Ashley Madison. Digs her website tho
Forgot to report back on Sunday. So, I saw MarioLinkSamus' post about walking into Best Buy and figured what the hell, I'd check. So, calling them the recording frequently stated they can't tell you stock information over the phone, but I finally got a hold of someone and asked if they had any of the Neon Switch. The guy said "sure lemme look it up" and then said "its showing "very few remaining". I zipped over there (only a 10 minute ride on the highway) and went in. Seeing nothing on the shelves, someone walked by and asked if I needed help, asked if they had any neon switch left and he said "yeah lemme check"

I was floored.

He comes walking back with one, I grabbed Breath of the Wild and checked out.

What an adventure lmao

👍🏻 Happy for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom