• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So how bad is the Switch stock situation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laekon

unless you're a prime member......you are correct lol

I got my last one for a co-worker via Prime

I got a grey one the last time they were available but canceled it as I decided the neon one would be better. I don't regret it, I got other games to finish, but I can say I'm looking for both pretty often now. I think the hunt for one has me more then the want of one.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
Is there always a line? I was planning to go there one day to see if they have red neon joy cons available since I can't find them anywhere else.

Every time I pass by the Nintendo NYC Store, there are at least 2 or 3 people camping outside.

That Store is place to go if you want Switch accessories or BOTW amiibos. They always seem to have them in stock.

Persona7

Banned
So US Amazon hasn't had stock for at least 2 weeks now and Target doesn't even list the grey version on their website. Seems odd given people have been listing so many places getting units in.

Target just got a huge restock last week for the ad they ran. Some stores might even have units right now if you check istocknow.

Pagusas

Elden Member
I got a grey one the last time they were available but canceled it as I decided the neon one would be better. I don't regret it, I got other games to finish, but I can say I'm looking for both pretty often now. I think the hunt for one has me more then the want of one.

Why didn't you just keep the grey and eventually by addition neon controllers?

Rizific

Is zelda really driving this thirst all on its own? I can't imagine anything else that's available right now that I would consider even close to a "system seller".

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Is zelda really driving this thirst all on its own? I can't imagine anything else that's available right now that I would consider even close to a "system seller".

Zelda and people really like the hardware. It happens.

TS-08

Zelda is doing a lot of the work but the system is also selling itself to a lot of people. It's a desirable piece of hardware.

TS-08

Look at those nintendo hardcore fans...

When the Switch gets close to the Wii U's lifetime sales, I expect to see some posts from people claiming that Switch sales are going to fall off a cliff since all of the hardcore Nintendo fans have finally bought one.

mr jones

Ethnicity is not a race!
There's stock at the Target in Arden Hills, MN.

I don't see a want for one yet. I can play Zelda BOTW on the Wii U. I still have Bayonetta 2, Twilight Princess, Punchout, Pikmin 3, Donkey Kong Country, Xenoblade, Shantae, and Metroid Prime Trilogy to play through. And that's JUST on the Wii U.

We won't talk about the Xbone.

I'll probably jump on the Switch next year.

Rizific

It's really good game. I'd recommend buying a switch just for it.

i agree 100% and have said the same to anyone thats asked me about it. its just incredible to me that zelda is seemingly the sole reason behind the sales (as of right now). especially considering its also available on the wiiu.

Salex_

Why is it showing up everywhere but GameStop? Shouldn't the store with the largest gaming market share have more consoles than Best Buy, Walmart, and Target?

I need to get rid of this store credit so all I can do is wait.

For the people who recently bought/saw the console at Gamestop, are they still doing those stupid bundles? My local GameStop had a console last week but I had to buy a $500 bundle to get it...

SilverArrow20XX

Walks in the Light of the Crystal
Just got my Pro Controller from Amazon. I hated the Wii U Pro Controller, but this one feels much better to hold. Still waiting on the actual console to be in stock now that I got Zelda and a controller.

gosox333

Welp after getting my tax returns back this is a thing I will actively be doing now. I seriously hope I can find one by the time MK comes out.

Jarnet87

Welp after getting my tax returns back this is a thing I will actively be doing now. I seriously hope I can find one by the time MK comes out.

I think it might be even harder to find when MK hits given how well the series sells. The thirst may intensify.

Zelda and people really like the hardware. It happens.

Still not convinced people really like the hardware. I think it's just Zelda.

That's not necessarily a bad thing, I'm in the camp that thinks people didn't really like the Wii hardware either, the Wii phenomenon IMO was essentially Wii Sports. The right software at the right price can sell a boatload of consoles.

Principate

Saint Titanfall

That's not necessarily a bad thing, I'm in the camp that thinks people didn't really like the Wii hardware either, the Wii phenomenon IMO was essentially Wii Sports. The right software at the right price can sell a boatload of consoles.

The wii had an attach ratio of 9 though and it didn't come with wii sports in Japan

ParityBit

The Target near my house had 2 all night. I went in with the wife and kid before dinner and after and they were still there. I was kind of surprised so maybe the stock is catching up to immediate demand some.

snaffles

Man, a friend of mine just went around all my city to get a switch. Seems there still hasn't been a huge restock.

We have a bunch of them at the Best Buy I work in, I assumed it would be similar at other stores at this point, but maybe not. Not a lot of demand for them here anymore.

TS-08

People definitely like the hardware. Lots of people. You're going to see this fact even more with MK8D, as it goes on to sell millions of copies to people who never bothered with the Wii U version.

Edit - also, your point about the Wii is bizarre. The only reason people cared about Wii Sports is because of the Wii remote. Grandma and grandpa weren't going to go Wii bowling with a traditional game pad.

A new Zelda game right now and a new Mario game later this year. Thats like ringing the dinner bell for nintendo fans.

A new Zelda game right now and a new Mario game later this year. Thats like ringing the dinner bell for nintendo fans.

Sure, but without sounding like I'm trolling, the Wii U was for Nintendo fans and looked how that turned out.

I really think because are confusing Switch hype when it's really all about Zelda.

DonShula

Sure, but without sounding like I'm trolling, the Wii U was for Nintendo fans and looked how that turned out.

I really think because are confusing Switch hype when it's really all about Zelda.

If Zelda hype gets people to buy a Switch, then it doesn't matter - the Switches are still sold. Most people really like the hardware once they get their hands on it, and most of the people I've showed it to have been impressed. And Mario Kart is coming in two weeks - that's going to generate even more interest from the casual side and drive more demand for hardware.

Either way, the momentum snowballs.

Most people love the hardware. It's a great idea executed very well and it's so simple to understand to people within seconds.
So it's basically the exact opposite of the Wii U.

N.Grim

I don't remember a real system seller in any console released since the Wii, Zelda is enough

I bought a PS4 for Bloodborne. Eventually I got more games down the road, but initially BB was the only game I wanted to play.

Zelda is worth it. It's amazing.

Felensis

Banned

The wife and me did a gaming evening the other day with a totally non-gamey couple. We ended up playing four hours of 1-2-Switch having a total blast! Both of em loved Wii Sports back then so they're at utmost casual gamers. Even though I've told them Switch is 330€ + 1-2-Switch they now want to get one.

Yes. For 1-2-Switch.

I think this game lives from the people who play it. It's perfect for hilarious acting in front of others (i.e. Quick Draw - "It's high noon and this town is too small for the both of us :D"). I don't think 1-2-Switch is a system seller, but there definitely is potential to attract some ppl of the Wii casual crowd.

Other than that: This machine is totally worth for BotW alone. Also for the core audience: MK8D, Arms, Splatoon 2, Xenoblade 2 and Super Mario Odyssey. Some of them will sell a huge shitload of Switch consoles.

TAS

Can't believe I actually scored one today! Looking forward to Zelda tonight.

Congrats! Get ready for the adventure of a lifetime. I highly recommend clearing your schedule for several hours before playing tho. Time seems to get swallowed up while playing this game. ;)

Zedark

In Netherlands no one wants them. A lot of stock left
Are you sure about this? My experience is it's nowhere to be found, and all online stores are sold out (Nedgame is taking preorders for June) and Mediamarkt has no stock in stores at all (there is an inStock application on their website). Where can you find the Switch so easily?

Futureman

Are you sure about this? My experience is it's nowhere to be found, and all online stores are sold out (Nedgame is taking preorders for June) and Mediamarkt has no stock in stores at all. Where can you find the Switch so easily?

I think the problem with threads like this is that someone goes to 2 stores and sees some Switches and then comes here and claims an entire country has ample supply.

of course it can go the other way as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom