• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So, I Could Own A $10,000 Shenmue Jacket..

78wB2cs.png

If he did, its not like he screwed over the kickstarter..

Well yeah, it's not like the whole thing's going to fail because of this but it's kind of grimy to pull out at the last second so that the kickstarter is out 10 grand and now someone who actually wanted the jacket can't get it.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
He backed out weeks ago guys. Not his fault a troll picked up the pledge. He did it in good faith.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
OP gave up his pledge weeks ago, AFAIK. That troll move right was pulled by some other guy.

Toki767

I'm sure it wasn't OP but it's sad that someone missed out on this if they wanted it because someone held onto it and then backed out at the last moment.

Seeing as the jacket is now still in the hands of the owner, Putting the jacket on eBay and donating the profits to charity would be a nice move. Might even break $10.000... maybe

Erekiddo

I let go of my pledge weeks ago, as mentioned several pages ago in this very thread.

The angry mob mentality in the KS comments are hilarious.

"YSNet should press charges"

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
I let go of my pledge weeks ago, as mentioned several pages ago in this very thread.

The angry mob mentality in the KS comments are hilarious.

"YSNet should press charges"

To be honest, I bet Yu is going to be pretty happy he can keep the jacket for another occasion.

Not like the guy who dropped the pledged made us miss a stretch goal. We were never reaching 6.5.

Erekiddo

I was initially tempted to play along and keep up the mystique about me holding onto it until the end, but I don't want to be remembered as a douchebag.

I'd rather be remembered as the guy who let a $10k jacket fall through his fingers.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
No Earthbound fan could be that heartless as to drop it in the last second, Neo.

bounchfx

i'm surprised they don't have a 'waiting list' for high priced tiers like this, exactly to counteract douche nozzles pulling this crap.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
i'm surprised they don't have a 'waiting list' for high priced tiers like this, exactly to counteract douche nozzles pulling this crap.

That's actually a brilliant idea. Allowing for people to be up in case somebody drops the tier. I doubt KS has changed much in recent years with things like this though, because this would be awesome.

How would that work though? What would happen to all the other people on the waiting list if that item doesn't become available again before the end of the kickstarter?

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
How would that work though? What would happen to all the other people on the waiting list if that item doesn't become available again before the end of the kickstarter?

They don't pledge at the level? I mean, they could also have the function to automatically pledge at another level if it doesn't become available at the end of the campaign.

I really like the idea of setting up a GoFundMe and members of Gaf can chip in $10 for a raffle!

This is why i love Gaf !

EDIT : Oh wow this comment was abit late

Neiteio

Imagine how many pants you could buy with $10,000.

Pants to put on your head. Pants to put on your arms.

Pants to put inside your pants.

You could do this for your family. Friends. The whole neighborhood!

I guess what I'm trying to say is it would be a lot of pants.

Imagine how many pants you could buy with $10,000.

Pants to put on your head. Pants to put on your arms.

Pants to put inside your pants.

You could do this for your family. Friends. The whole neighborhood!

I guess what I'm trying to say is it would be a lot of pants.

[*pants*]

You know, like a dog.

Top Bottom