• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So I got the God of War Saga today... and the codes were expired

Mairu

Saw this on twitter about a half hour ago and went to redeem my own code. It worked completely fine. I did it from the web store.
Z1O1K9u.png

I just tried it and it didn't work for me

c6babeb1469b8aaeac1cb270a2a0f860.png

Eusis

Saw this on twitter about a half hour ago and went to redeem my own code. It worked completely fine. I did it from the web store.
Z1O1K9u.png
Yeah, my first thought was "maybe the code's bad and it's NOT actually expired", and it sounds like that's the case. I had the same happen with the R&C Collection, I didn't even hit the expiration date before using the code that came with it, and it ended up being a dud. Never bothered to contact though since it was just the Sly 4 demo (definitely moot now) and some exclusive theme I'd never use.

Out of curiosity I googled about God of War Omega and just realized it's exclusive to Latin America. o_0

It's kinda useful, apart from the pretty box and the Kratos statue, it has a steelbook with the three discs. I'm not sure why it wasn't released on the states and you can find it for about $45 or so around here quite easily.
There isn't a Playstation Stores in many countries from Latin America, so people wouldn't be able to redeem their codes if they hadn't used discs.

GAMERG0D

I didn't get the 1 month PS+ advertised on the product description on GameStop.com, I'm pretty upset about it but since its a 'manufacturing issue' there's nothing I can do via GameStop's end.

It's still kinda crap though, especially as discs don't cost THAT much and Sony clearly has Issues with their download codes.

Never said it's a good practice (especially when they did release this exact collection on disc already), just clarifying.

You should try contacting Sony. I think there's an issue with the store today.
I doubt they will do anything about it unless the OP makes a big fuss. So, if you want the two PSP games, speak to a supervisor and escalate it from there. Not a guarantee, but it might get you the games.

Even though these are Bluray discs one has GoW I+II and the other has III. I'm appalled at how the first disc couldn't have the other two games on it.
Exactly. Being the first two are PS2 games and the other two are PSP games, I doubt they would get close to reaching the 50gb limit.

Eusis

Never said it's a good practice (especially when they did release this exact collection on disc already), just clarifying.
True, so I'm just kinda frustrated.
Even though these are Bluray discs one has GoW I+II and the other has III. I'm appalled at how the first disc couldn't have the other two games on it.
They're literally giving the same discs as were already released: as such there was never a GoW 1+2+PSP collection.

GameSeeker

I had an unopened God of War Saga that I had bought a few weeks ago. I didn't realize the code expired yesterday till I saw the OP. I just opened my copy and successfully redeemed the code (did it through PSN on the PS3).

Kallor

I figured they were all on disc. Fucking Sony, the least they could have done was make the codes good for 3-4 years.

Eusis

I figured they were all on disc. Fucking Sony, the least they could have done was make the codes good for 3-4 years.
Most of these expiration dates are bogus, both on PSN and XBL I've redeemed codes way past their supposed expiration dates, IE arcade games with the MadCatz Arcade stick, and some Yakuza 3 DLC that came with that. I think they just want to provide a minimum time for how long it can work so if something goes down with PSN they can go "Well it's supposed to be expired anyway!"

Drago

I assume that the Festival of Blood code in the inFamous Collection expired too? I wanted to buy that. :/

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Didn't Wario do a PSA for this

I swear we kept bumping it up the last week in March to get that shit done ASAP!

Nags

Banned
I got the God of War Saga today NEW and SEALED but the code for the prequel games expired...yesterday. I tried putting the code in today and wasn't able to redeem it. So now I don't know what to do. Should I contact Sony? Should I just buy the Origins collection?

This is fucking crazy... I just bought that super slim red PS3 bundle today, and if not for this thread, I probably would have not checked the code for a few months.

Kallor

Most of these expiration dates are bogus, both on PSN and XBL I've redeemed codes way past their supposed expiration dates, IE arcade games with the MadCatz Arcade stick, and some Yakuza 3 DLC that came with that. I think they just want to provide a minimum time for how long it can work so if something goes down with PSN they can go "Well it's supposed to be expired anyway!"

Yeah I believe I have had something of the same once before as well. Hopefully OP doesn't get fucked over.

Nags

Banned

Good call. I just tried out the code and I was still able to redeem it on PSN.

Nags

Banned
I doubt they will do anything about it unless the OP makes a big fuss. So, if you want the two PSP games, speak to a supervisor and escalate it from there. Not a guarantee, but it might get you the games.

Exactly. Being the first two are PS2 games and the other two are PSP games, I doubt they would get close to reaching the 50gb limit.

It's not the PSP games that are included but the HD bundle they released on PS3. They are about 8 gigs each.

clem84

Gold Member
If the PSP games would've been on a disk this would've been a definite purchase for me. Too bad Sony.

It's not the PSP games that are included but the HD bundle they released on PS3. They are about 8 gigs each.
8 gigs each!? I doubt that. The original PSP games were about 1 gig each and I don't think giving it an HD upgrade would raise it another 7 gigs. That's bigger than most Xbox 360 titles seeing as how a 360 disc only holds about 9 gigs. Unless of course I'm misunderstanding what you wrote.

Nags

Banned
8 gigs each!? I doubt that. The original PSP games were about 1 gig each and I don't think giving it an HD upgrade would raise it another 7 gigs. That's bigger than most Xbox 360 titles seeing as how a 360 disc only holds about 9 gigs. Unless of course I'm misunderstanding what you wrote.

They are really good HD remakes but I see your point, but right here on my download history in front of me it says:

GoW: Origins collection Ghost of Sparda - 9306 MB
Gow: Origins Collection Chains of Olympus - 7533 MB

I wasn't just pulling that out of my ass when I replied to you lol.

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
I have no idea if I'll ever play these...but I guess I own them now. Was able to redeem the code via the website.

otakuderek

Mine will not redeem. It's pretty sad that Sony couldn't make the expiration longer or just not have one period.

lol the codes expire? What absolute bullshit.

How are you going to put a big sticker on the box art that says "5 FULL GAMES" and then pull that shit? Very misleading and an incredibly stupid decision that has me scratching my head. What's possible benefit could there be for SCE by doing something like that?

Reckoner

I think the remastered PSP games also come on one of the blu-rays to install. Not sure about that, but I remember seeing one of my friends playing it and when he was on the XMB there were two bubbles. I had already used the code, since the game was mine and I just lent it to him.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Would not have known about this if not for this thread.

I just bought this recently too and now have to do a long distance call to the US to see what they have to say about this situation and if there is any chance of resolving the issue.

JJD

I hope the expiration date for the codes are on the back of the box (not inside). If not this is unacceptable.

This collection was launched just a few months ago right?

The dates on the voucher are (which is inside of the case and not on the back of the case)

08/21/2012 - 03/31/2012

All it says on the back in regards to the download is

*God of War: Chains of Olympus and God of War: Ghost of Sparta available via downloadable game voucher.

This is a really bullshit move from Sony.

Parakeetman

I hope the expiration date for the codes are on the back of the box. If not this is unacceptable.

This collection was launched just a few months ago right?

The dates on the voucher are (which is inside of the case and not on the back of the case)

08/21/2012 - 03/31/2013 (fixed lol)

*God of War: Chains of Olympus and God of War: Ghost of Sparta available via downloadable game voucher.

According to an email from Sony to Gamestop, all of the codes have been extended a year. So it shouldn't expire until 3/31/2014. Our Sony rep said it was a misprint, now its just a lack of Sony calling this out on their blog that is still confusing customers.

Parakeetman

According to an email from Sony to Gamestop, all of the codes have been extended a year. So it shouldn't expire until 3/31/2014. Our Sony rep said it was a misprint, now its just a lack of Sony calling this out on their blog that is still confusing customers.

Id love to be able to confirm that too as got them on the phone, that is if they ever pick up and answer with an actual human... Considering this is a long distance call am seriously going to hang up soon as this is a huge fucking waste of money.

Expiration dates on codes. This shit ain't milk lol.

No shit right?

lucius

Amazon and GameStop should update their decription in product info since it still lists all 5 games in it which you won't be able to get anymore or Sony should tell retailers to do so. Unless they are putting new codes in the games now which I doubt. My code didn't work when I bought it new at GameStop a couple weeks ago, but I returned it got another one that did work, neither had the free Plus month voucher which both sites also still have listed in product info.

Edit:^^ ok so they extended it that's good, I don't trust Sony so much on this though since they said I would get my free plus voucher when I talked to them twice on the phone which I never did.

08/21/2012 - 03/31/2012

Sony's a powerful company but not powerful enough to make time go backwards.

Top Bottom