• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So I just texted to the immediate phone number above and below me...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sheik790

Just did this to my -2,-1,+1, and +2

-2 no response yet
-1 "Random much? Happy new year"
+1 no response yet
+2 Who is this? (blah, boring)

Responded to -1 saying "Just a bit" and explained I was just saying hi to +2...nothing that exciting yet. Oh well.

Edit:-1 updates!

Me: I appreciate the friendly response btw. I got a "who is this" and two no responses. Ok, shutting up now. Have a good one

-1:Lmao. I just have to ask what made you text everyone? Yvw for the polite response btw

me:Eh, there's an online forum I visit and a bunch of us did it just to spread some cheer. I'm just a little behind the game. I'm a friendly guy :)

-1: Always good to meet friendly people it is rather rare

me:I did accidentally text my response to you to someone else though. They're gonna be very confused lol. well, if you're ever bored, feel free to say hi XD

-1: Sure will say hi

me:Awesome. Well, I'm off to visit my fam for the day. Ttyl!

-1: Toodles

zaxor0

lame city at first, but he/she caught on.

Me: hey phone number neighbor
2: Huh?
Me: my phone number is 1 below your's. just saying hello.
2: Who is this
Me: just someone with a similar phone number. just being a friendly phone neighbor
2: Oh-gotcha
Me: so how is life? good?

I think it ended.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
cntrational said:
I don't have a phone of my own, but I'm tempted to try this. Should I go for it, GAF?
I think it'd best to do it during a holiday so there's an excuse. Valentine's just around the corner. :p

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Anyone still do this? Gotten a dud response from the top number and nothing from the bottom so far.

J2 Cool

This is such a terrible idea. People catch on way too slowly. Anyway, my -1 was just pure confusion, +1 no reply.

CFMOORE!

i always feared doing this since my phone number was a company account so most likely 1 above and below me belonged to someone also at my company. But now that I no longer work there I might do this!

Anustart

Necromancy!

I recently got a new neighbor, and as a ritual, I texted my neighbors. And this was the first time I got a response!

Me: Howdy neighbor!
Her (As it turned out): Who is this?
Me: Your cell phone neighbor, we're bros for life now.
Her: Considering I'm not a guy, bros isn't an appropriate term.
Me: Chums then, it's gender neutral.
Her: Whatever, just lose the number.
Me: Well you're not a very nice neighbor.
Her: Considering your number is my ex's number, no I'm not.
Me: Is his name Nathan by chance? (I received a text earlier from someone named Ali wanting rent money from Nathan)
Her: Yep, that's him, how did you know?
Me: *Explained the earlier text from Ali*
Her: Tell her to fuck off.
Me: Can do!

End conversation. Thought it was interesting enough to bring this topic back to life.

That's an amazing exchange lol, this sounds like an interesting way to get entertainment.

Actually, you should have texted something urgent like:

"You have to get out. Now."

"Two men are on their way to kill you. You have one minute. They're coming."

One time I got included by accident in a group text about some guy name Jerry that was in the hospital.

I got updates for a week and a half before he died in his sleep.

Said RIP when I heard. They never realized I was a wrong number. Sometimes I wonder if there is a long distant relative to this Jerry guy who never found out he died.

Flandy

Necromancy!

I recently got a new neighbor, and as a ritual, I texted my neighbors. And this was the first time I got a response!

Me: Howdy neighbor!
Her (As it turned out): Who is this?
Me: Your cell phone neighbor, we're bros for life now.
Her: Considering I'm not a guy, bros isn't an appropriate term.
Me: Chums then, it's gender neutral.
Her: Whatever, just lose the number.
Me: Well you're not a very nice neighbor.
Her: Considering your number is my ex's number, no I'm not.
Me: Is his name Nathan by chance? (I received a text earlier from someone named Ali wanting rent money from Nathan)
Her: Yep, that's him, how did you know?
Me: *Explained the earlier text from Ali*
Her: Tell her to fuck off.
Me: Can do!

End conversation. Thought it was interesting enough to bring this topic back to life.

Did you tell Ali to fuck off? Also, I lol'd

Anustart

I didnt tell Ali to fuck off, though I still have the conversation on my phone, perhaps I should honor my neighbors request.

Hahahaha wow, just sent a text to my number neighbor before I realized this thread was so old. And assuming they live in the same city as the area code, it is just past midnight. Now I feel like a dick

EDIT: I guess I don't feel like too much of a dick because I just sent one to my other neighbor as well

Anustart

Hahahaha wow, just sent a text to my number neighbor before I realized this thread was so old. And assuming they live in the same city as the area code, it is just past midnight. Now I feel like a dick

EDIT: I guess I don't feel like too much of a dick because I just sent one to my other neighbor as well

We're doing gods work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom