• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So I want to buy a Kindle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
notjackbauer said:
Hey kindle owners, how easy is it to find torrents / pdfs / etc for recently released books? Is there a community of sketchy websites akin to the folks who rip dvds as soon as they're released? Thanks.

my man....

:lol

MarshMellow96 said:
How can you pirate free books?

:lol :lol :lol :lol
He isn't looking for free books as in not copyrighted books, the stupid fuck wants to pirate actual retail books and thought it was a good idea to tell the world. His username should be "notcommonsense".

kaskade

I finally saw a Kindle in person at Best Buy. It's pretty damn nice. Whenever I see the screen it always looks so weird at first. It's almist like a sticker that they overlay on screens.

kaskade said:
I finally saw a Kindle in person at Best Buy. It's pretty damn nice. Whenever I see the screen it always looks so weird at first. It's almist like a sticker that they overlay on screens.
Everyone thinks that. When I opened my Kindle, I was looking for the tab of plastic to pull the sticker off of my screen even though someone had told me beforehand that it would fool me.

Burger

x3ua2g.jpg

My Kindle 3 (reasonably new) has a hairline crack in the position above, along with a slight bulge in the casing.

I haven't dropped it or anything, and I use the official leather case for it. I have a feeling it's the wee hinges that have exerted a bit too much pressure when it's been opened. I emailed Amazon and they insist I call them... from New Zealand. Oh well. At least they indicated they will send a replacement.

Kano On The Phone said:
He isn't looking for free books as in not copyrighted books, the stupid fuck wants to pirate actual retail books and thought it was a good idea to tell the world. His username should be "notcommonsense".

It was more for effect, but yeah - It's a pretty fucking stupid thing to do. I don't see why you'd do it either way..

Kano On The Phone said:

There's no need for personal attacks

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Bought a kindle last nov for the wife, it stopped working this morning with one corner being all smudged and such... Amazon is sending her a new one overnight.

<3 Amazon

Deku

Banned
Kano On The Phone said:
Everyone thinks that. When I opened my Kindle, I was looking for the tab of plastic to pull the sticker off of my screen even though someone had told me beforehand that it would fool me.

YEP! same thing happened to me.

TimeKillr

So I wanna get one - I'm in Canada..

I have a few questions!

1- The Amazon page says that content is country-restricted? Are there a lot of stuff that is restricted for sale in Canada?
2- I've read about jailbreaking the Kindle, but I have no clue what it brings to it aside from additional fonts...

TheExodu5

Banned
My Kindle died after 2 months. Went to sleep, and would never come back from sleep. Soft reset wouldn't work either.

Amazon is shipping me a new one.

saelz8

Curious.

Does the Kindle Browser work over 3G/EDGE? I'm going overseas soon, and might be without internet for a while.

I basically want to cheat into having free-internet to check my email, FB, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom