• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So Sean Spicer went to the Emmys today...

If he's self-aware of how full of shit he was as press secretary, it just makes it all the more frustrating and him an even worse person.

l5VBuZ3.jpg

How I feel about it. Was pretty lame.

Socivol

It just shows that the shit that his administration is pulling is hilarious to those that don't have to deal with the outcome of it. I can't believe people were laughing it wasn't funny and he isn't funny. He is reaping benefits for being a liar for that man and people think it's hilarious.

It just shows that the shit that his administration is pulling is hilarious to those that don't have to deal with the outcome of it. I can't believe people were laughing it wasn't funny and he isn't funny. He is repping benefits for being a liar for that man and people think it's hilarious.

This.

JettDash

I think it is BS to have him there given that he is famous for humiliating himself by lying on TV because an orange piece of shit told him to.

Steel

Banned
It just shows that the shit that his administration is pulling is hilarious to those that don't have to deal with the outcome of it. I can't believe people were laughing it wasn't funny and he isn't funny. He is repping benefits for being a liar for that man and people think it's hilarious.

I dunno. The absurdity of it all has been absolutely hilarious in a dark comedy type of way.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
My favorite thing about this was the look of incredulous disbelief on Melissa McCarthy's face. She was like, nervously smiling and thinking, "You guys know he fronted for an actual treasonous rapist and scolded the fourth estate and helped launch a massive assault on basic facts? Right?"

Lowmelody

From the Mouth of Sauron to the Chattering Dentures of Sauron.

Stupid fucking gag, America is laughing at America, not with it.

My favorite thing about this was the look of incredulous disbelief on Melissa McCarthy's face. She was like, nervously smiling and thinking, "You guys know he fronted for an actual treasonous rapist and scolded the fourth estate and helped launch a massive assault on basic facts? Right?"

Why so serious? Just a prank, bro.

Dyle

Pretty pointless since they didn't have him paired with Melissa McCarthy so that he could be roasted for being the con man he is, although it does give me a tiny bit of hope that maybe he's working on a tell-all book on his experience at the White House

Ri'Orius

It's one thing if the New York Times says Trump's administration lies all the time, it's another if it's coming from the guy whose job was to tell those lies. I'd rather treat Sean well and get him to be more forthcoming and open about the shit he did under Trump than shun him.

JettDash

Pretty pointless since they didn't have him paired with Melissa McCarthy so that he could be roasted for being the con man he is, although it does give me a tiny bit of hope that maybe he's working on a tell-all book on his experience at the White House

He should. Tell the world how the President of the United States ordered you to humiliate yourself by lying about inauguration crowd sizes on your first day on the job. Please do it, Spicey.

Ottaro

I'm sorry Spicer, you don't get to do what you did and just put it behind you as if it is now some amusing anecdote of your personal life.

Lowmelody

The more I think about this the angrier it makes me. Trying to pretend that America's current and on going fling with fascism is some tv show where we take a moment to pretend the villains are swell and quirky in their own funny ways hyuk!

Nah fuck that. Not saying he's beyond redemption but he's not finding it by parodying the serious harm he did to our country. Fuck him.

JettDash

The more I think about this the angrier it makes me. Trying to pretend that America's current and on going fling with fascism is some tv show where we take a moment to pretend the villains are swell and quirky in their own funny ways hyuk!

He was just following orders! Leave him alone!

Zertez

He should. Tell the world how the President of the United States ordered you to humiliate yourself by lying about inauguration crowd sizes on your first day on the job. Please do it, Spicey.
He talked about it some on Kimmel last week. He doesn't seem ready to throw Trump under the bus in public yet.

Branduil

Absolutely disgusting. Hollywood celebrities are happy to pretend they're part of "The Resistance" when it suits them, but the second one of these slimebags wants to hang out with them, they can't cozy up fast enough.

Grug

He's not quite on my blacklist, put me in the "good on him" camp (especially when Trump starts losing his shit over it) He may have some eventual part to play, like Gollum.

Zolo

Americans see politics as entertainment. It's partly why Trump wasn't taken seriously and how he got so far.

royalan

Fuck Sean Spicer then.

Fuck Sean Spicer now.

Fuck Hollywood, punditry, and so-called allies who spent all this year pushing the idea that this piece-of-shit was "funny" and now want to be shocked that he was invited to the Emmys. What did any of you expect?

Steel

Banned
Nah, he caused legitimate damage by continuing to perpetuate lies from that podium. It's not hilarious at all.

I know he caused legitimate damage. You can laugh at horrible things that are absolutely absurd. Doesn't mean you also can't wish it didn't happen and hate the person that did it.

What did he do? Wasn’t he just doing his job?

He wasn't forced to take that job. And as soon as the President sent him out there to knowingly and brazenly lie, he could have quit. He chose not to.

He doesn't get let off the hook for just doing his job. He could have had any job in politics, or quite a number of lucrative jobs outside of it. He chose that one.

JettDash

He talked about it some on Kimmel last week. He doesn't seem ready to throw Trump under the bus in public yet.

Didn't see that. So he didn't say that Trump himself ordered him to do it (surely it was Trump, nobody else could think that was a good idea)?

Pretty disappointed in Colbert for this. Same with the talk show hosts that have had him in for 'fun' interviews the past month.

Zolo

I'm sure he'll be ready once Trump's out of office with his reputation plummeted, and he doesn't have to worry about the president lambasting him.

Yeah let's normalize the scum from this administration, sure. Same garbage that the Scaramucci "interview" was. What the hell has gotten into Colbert?

Socivol

I know he caused legitimate damage. You can laugh at horrible things that are absolutely absurd. Doesn't mean you also can't wish it didn't happen and hate the person that did it.

Maybe you can, but that kind of stuff will never be funny to me. When you're a member of one of the groups that this administration has fucked with none of this is funny and it never will be.

Top Bottom